Do Science Forums Rob Others Ideas??

CuriosOne

Has anyone ever felt the need to address this question in a public forum "crawling" with thinkers whom desire for their research to be published in the Hope's of Fame and Gain??

Think twice please!

You should always have your work copyrighted "published and dated" eleswhere and never share your science model or its description until you do so..

I know Youtube does a great job "publishing your work" and its best to keep the date in your records to show you had the idea first!

Many science forums have "systems" that is systematically" engineered to make you feel "dumb and worthless" thus making you "submissive" or hopeless to share your out of the box thinking that allows others to take bits and pieces of your unique ideas and integrate it with theirs..

So when you arrive to public social forums be aware of this scheme, otherwise you will see your ideas in other's work when they receive that noble piece prize...

Good Luck Out There!

I'm gonna go on a slight rant that may pertains to the subject matter more or less.

I'm sorry but this pisses me of. Where  do you come off on pissing over the hard work of others who take the time out of their day to assist you with your "ground breaking" ideas. If it is so ground breaking then you should want to have it taken apart so that it can become more viable. If your idea is so "special" then prove it, if you think that ya got something amazing then bring it to the table. If you wanna sit on it then sit on it. 9 times out of 10 the idea is either some strange mix of religious nonsense or some fanciful delusions of people who cant understand what an atom is let alone time travel.

I remember seeing this earlier but I will bring it here. A box cannot be thought out of if you do not even understand what the box is or its contents. 

If ya hate it then come up with your own system, but I'm gonna promise ya that your not gonna achieve it in your life time. It took hundreds of thousands of years of dedicated and amazing people to get to the point where we are today in terms of our technology and our scientific achievements. 

Got a little of track there but I keep seeing this on this website. These are human beings who are helping you, you should honored that these knowledge wizards even share a miniscule of there knowledge with you. 

Now I am unsure about this "scheme" you have mentioned and whether or not it has happend to you personally. If it has happend to you personally then I am sorry, however that does not mean it is happening here. Meet the people, re-read what they write, and learn something new.

This is a science forum, it is just to share SCIENCE related ideas. Or to just hang with other fellow science enthusiasts. 

Your warning makes sense in terms of having some story/writing related idea or even a business related idea where people are searching to make a quick buck, however this is where knowledge is shared freely for the betterment of mankind.

ok, that's all my three cents.

Most of us don't do this for 'fame and fortune'.
Others have their own reasons; I do it because I enjoy discussion with like-minded people.

( I don't even belong to any social media, and a couple of times it has 'scared' me when googling some science topic, that a link to MigL@Science Forums.net come up in the search. )

1 hour ago, CuriosOne said:

Many science forums have "systems" that is systematically" engineered to make you feel "dumb and worthless" thus making you "submissive" or hopeless to share your out of the box thinking that allows others to take bits and pieces of your unique ideas and integrate it with theirs..

Or the systems are designed to encourage meaningful science that can be discussed with peers, as opposed to guesswork and lazy reasoning. I'm sorry "dumb and worthless" is all you're getting out of this. 

You know, there are less rigorous science discussion forums out there. We're like #2 or #3 when it comes to strict scientific methodology. Why don't you join  a site where they like WAGing and don't correct your mistakes?

2 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Has anyone ever felt the need to address this question in a public forum "crawling" with thinkers whom desire for their research to be published in the Hope's of Fame and Gain??

Think twice please!

You should always have your work copyrighted "published and dated" eleswhere and never share your science model or its description until you do so..

I know Youtube does a great job "publishing your work" and its best to keep the date in your records to show you had the idea first!

So when you arrive to public social forums be aware of this scheme, otherwise you will see your ideas in other's work when they receive that noble piece prize...

Good Luck Out There!

Was someone mean to you in school? Made fun of you because of how you dressed? Refuse to go to prom with you?

Whatever it is, please get over it. You sound like such a whiney child.

3 hours ago, ALine said:

I'm gonna go on a slight rant that may pertains to the subject matter more or less.

I'm sorry but this pisses me of. Where  do you come off on pissing over the hard work of others who take the time out of their day to assist you with your "ground breaking" ideas. If it is so ground breaking then you should want to have it taken apart so that it can become more viable. If your idea is so "special" then prove it, if you think that ya got something amazing then bring it to the table. If you wanna sit on it then sit on it. 9 times out of 10 the idea is either some strange mix of religious nonsense or some fanciful delusions of people who cant understand what an atom is let alone time travel.

I remember seeing this earlier but I will bring it here. A box cannot be thought out of if you do not even understand what the box is or its contents. 

If ya hate it then come up with your own system, but I'm gonna promise ya that your not gonna achieve it in your life time. It took hundreds of thousands of years of dedicated and amazing people to get to the point where we are today in terms of our technology and our scientific achievements. 

Got a little of track there but I keep seeing this on this website. These are human beings who are helping you, you should honored that these knowledge wizards even share a miniscule of there knowledge with you. 

Now I am unsure about this "scheme" you have mentioned and whether or not it has happend to you personally. If it has happend to you personally then I am sorry, however that does not mean it is happening here. Meet the people, re-read what they write, and learn something new.

This is a science forum, it is just to share SCIENCE related ideas. Or to just hang with other fellow science enthusiasts. 

Your warning makes sense in terms of having some story/writing related idea or even a business related idea where people are searching to make a quick buck, however this is where knowledge is shared freely for the betterment of mankind.

ok, that's all my three cents.

Very well put and contributions are very appreciative on my end, but no one in the universe knows 100% sure the lagitamacy of "knowledge" as discoveries contradict "knowledge" as "changes" in fact if I were to make an educated assumption, I'd say knowledge is a variable....

And becuase it changes through knowledge it can be subject of thievery, miss-use and other forms of "political correctness."

This is planet earth here not agartha, heaven or any other reality where honesty love and unity overide material and "profit."

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Or the systems are designed to encourage meaningful science that can be discussed with peers, as opposed to guesswork and lazy reasoning. I'm sorry "dumb and worthless" is all you're getting out of this. 

You know, there are less rigorous science discussion forums out there. We're like #2 or #3 when it comes to strict scientific methodology. Why don't you join  a site where they like WAGing and don't correct your mistakes?

Dumb and Worthless are abstract emotional analogies used to express mental manipulations of all sorts, there are many trust me, the point is "it happens" in "All Social Media" platforms..

The primary reason is to keep the site from getting "boring." 

3 hours ago, MigL said:

Most of us don't do this for 'fame and fortune'.
Others have their own reasons; I do it because I enjoy discussion with like-minded people.

( I don't even belong to any social media, and a couple of times it has 'scared' me when googling some science topic, that a link to MigL@Science Forums.net come up in the search. )

I know how you feel, this is why I think it's important to use kind words with others when dealing with public post on social media.

You never know who's reading it, or taking knowledge from it..Atleast give the OP credit for an idea or offer them a job..

2 hours ago, zapatos said:

Was someone mean to you in school? Made fun of you because of how you dressed? Refuse to go to prom with you?

Whatever it is, please get over it. You sound like such a whiney child.

This "scenario" is a typical one dealing with the most famous people whom ever walked the face of this world..."Mr perfect."🙂

It's easy to say, "Get Over Your Ideas" that have been robbed, sit back in poverty and watch your millions go down the drain, while someonelse basks in the sun from your idea...."chuckles" nice one..🤣

4 hours ago, iNow said:

Damnit! You’ve found me out!!

eaaf03376e1de065a2f3768eea0f629d.jpg

Nice one..😎

7 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

(My emphasis)

Real thinkers don't crawl; they glide. They also share knowledge. They are good listeners and readers of other people's ideas, as well as communicators of their own. 

7 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

(My emphasis)

Oh boy, the box again. Real thinkers know the way back home, to the safety of the trusty box, and always keep handy the key to it, because it's where everything makes sense. And no matter how far away from the box they might venture, they never lose sight of the box's entrances, and have a good mental picture of its rooms and corridors.

When they're back home, they meet people who live in the box, and they're quite capable of talking about box-related, domestic matters. But during their outings, they find people of all sorts, some of them are lost, barefoot, exhausted, paranoid about every little sound in the forest, following no line of bread crumbs, unable to find their bearings.

8 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

..any real world example of this extraordinary claim.. ?

10 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Many science forums have "systems" that is systematically" engineered to make you feel "dumb and worthless" thus making you "submissive" or hopeless to share your out of the box thinking that allows others to take bits and pieces of your unique ideas and integrate it with theirs.

Another vague, unsupported claim, implying a widespread truth that is instead merely a personal opinion.

Maybe you feel dumb and worthless, and that’s too bad, but you speak for only yourself. And without specifics, this is a worthless observation, since there is no way to fix anything that might be wrong. It’s criticism but not constructive criticism. 

We get plenty of traffic from people sharing their out-of-the-box ideas, so the evidence does not support your assertion with regard to this site.

It's easy to say, "Get Over Your Ideas" that have been robbed, sit back in poverty and watch your millions go down the drain, while someonelse basks in the sun from your idea

You have provided no evidence that this has happened. (not surprising to me; I don’t think I’ve ever seen you do this. It’s getting old.)

@curiousone So, you think you can bypass the the decades of study that it takes to achieve notability in scientific circles? Science is like any other endeavour... practice, practice, practice. It's my guess that the trmes amateurs have had their ideas 'pinched' on a forum by pro scientistists is vanishingly small. All scientists know that once an idea is 'out there' anyone can use it and they expect/hope  it will be used.

35 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Funny thing is; whenever I see people talking about "They are planning to steal my ideas", it's people whose ideas aren't worth stealing.

Agreed.  They might as well worry that someone is going to break into their house and steal turds out of the cats litter box.

12 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

No.

12 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Think twice please!

No. No.

15 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

No.  It simply wouldn't be worth the time and effort to sort through the vast quantities of "chaff" to find one grain of wheat that likely doesn't even exist. 

11 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

The primary reason is to keep the site from getting "boring."

This isn't something you EVER get to decide for everyone else.

Most everyone else seems to be enjoying the party, so stop trying to set the presents on fire to make it more interesting for YOU.

9 hours ago, joigus said:

(My emphasis)

Real thinkers don't crawl; they glide. They also share knowledge. They are good listeners and readers of other people's ideas, as well as communicators of their own. 

(My emphasis)

Oh boy, the box again. Real thinkers know the way back home, to the safety of the trusty box, and always keep handy the key to it, because it's where everything makes sense. And no matter how far away from the box they might venture, they never lose sight of the box's entrances, and have a good mental picture of its rooms and corridors.

When they're back home, they meet people who live in the box, and they're quite capable of talking about box-related, domestic matters. But during their outings, they find people of all sorts, some of them are lost, barefoot, exhausted, paranoid about every little sound in the forest, following no line of bread crumbs, unable to find their bearings.

I can totally relate, "trust me."

8 hours ago, Sensei said:

..any real world example of this extraordinary claim.. ?

If you don't know of any "from your science to knowledge endeavours" then its pointless telling you.

7 hours ago, swansont said:

Another vague, unsupported claim, implying a widespread truth that is instead merely a personal opinion.

Maybe you feel dumb and worthless, and that’s too bad, but you speak for only yourself. And without specifics, this is a worthless observation, since there is no way to fix anything that might be wrong. It’s criticism but not constructive criticism. 

We get plenty of traffic from people sharing their out-of-the-box ideas, so the evidence does not support your assertion with regard to this site.

You have provided no evidence that this has happened. (not surprising to me; I don’t think I’ve ever seen you do this. It’s getting old.)

Well then, when ever you want to share your "perfect" world where everyone is equal, loving healthy, "all get paid equally for their jobs, "where women are not objects of sex  but rather thinkers like everyone else" and everywhere you go others have not one single judgement on you---------> please let "the rest of us foolish people" know the location...lol...

Edited by CuriosOne

20 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

Well then, when ever you want to share your "perfect" world where everyone is equal, loving healthy, "all get paid equally for their jobs, "where women are not objects of sex  but rather thinkers like everyone else" and everywhere you go others have not one single judgement on you---------> please let "the rest of us foolish people" know the location...lol...

Where the f@%& did this strawman come from? I made no claims about any of these topics.

6 hours ago, StringJunky said:

@curiousone So, you think you can bypass the the decades of study that it takes to achieve notability in scientific circles? Science is like any other endeavour... practice, practice, practice. It's my guess that the trmes amateurs have had their ideas 'pinched' on a forum by pro scientistists is vanishingly small. All scientists know that once an idea is 'out there' anyone can use it and they expect/hope  it will be used.

I totally disagree with you because "my culture" were masters at science...So for me I'm synchronized with nature...It doesn't take me too long to figure stuff out...It does however take me time to understand "why" it's used the way it's used in our modern day and age.

But regardless, there is a very big difference between infridgment and free use...

And this may explain why "pro work" concludes other "in direct information" amatures ""are discovering" other than what it was intended for.....

I see it all the time, they call it numerology, but I call it common sense..

This OP not only applies to science but to fashion, music, books, art etc..

This is planet earth, I keep telling people.

6 minutes ago, swansont said:

Where the f@%& did this strawman come from? I made no claims about any of these topics.

It's not that your claiming "this", but your disprooving "this"

Your thinking is very much like calculus..

Edited by CuriosOne

6 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Funny thing is; whenever I see people talking about "They are planning to steal my ideas", it's people whose ideas aren't worth stealing.

You speak chronologically??

Maybe the idea doesn't work under a certain metric unit...😎

4 hours ago, StringJunky said:

This quote seems appropriate: "The average person thinks he is not".

Until you read my reply to your comment..lol

6 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

They might as well worry that someone is going to break into their house and steal turds out of the cats litter box.

I'm shocked!
How would anyone write such a thing.
You forgot the apostrophe on cat's (or cats' if there's more than one cat)
It's an apostrophe catastrophe.

:-)

2 hours ago, Janus said:

No.  It simply wouldn't be worth the time and effort to sort through the vast quantities of "chaff" to find one grain of wheat that likely doesn't even exist. 

I agree "at times" there is a lot of "information" in and out of social media that is hard to keep up with.

2 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

No, I speak English.

"Really" I thought you spoke "science"

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

Numerology is not common sense, it is garbage.

It has its "field" of application like religion, politics, math, science and other "fields of study....No need to be "biased."