Are Transhumanist technologies possible to achieve ?

Hydromonke

It's hard to define Transhumanist technology , but I would say that Transhumanist technology is any technology that can modify human beings , expand lifespan , achieve space colonization and create something that is physically far smarter and stronger than human bodies 

Transhumanist technologies include > Biological immortality , being able to change physical(merging with machines, changing physical gender and other biological enhancements) and mental (modification of personality, feelings , emotions , attractions , sexuality,gender identity and enhancements of things like intelligence) traits and other space technologies and artificial superintelligence , molecular nanomachines and cryonics. 

P.S every modification I mean in the context of modification of adults and not embryos which is a common misconception people have when talking about this. That the modification is only meant towards babies 

2 hours ago, Hydromonke said:

It's hard to define Transhumanist technology , but I would say that Transhumanist technology is any technology that can modify human beings , expand lifespan , achieve space colonization and create something that is physically far smarter and stronger than human bodies 

If this is the definition you want to use, then we should really change your title. We already have such tech.

I was unaware of the attempts to change gender identity/sexuality in adults using such technology. Do you have a link?

11 hours ago, swansont said:

What is it you want to discuss? (This being a discussion forum, and not a blog)

Well as the title states , I was asking if such technologies are possible to achieve some day and how do we know weather this is possible or not in practice ?

10 hours ago, Phi for All said:

If this is the definition you want to use, then we should really change your title. We already have such tech.

I was unaware of the attempts to change gender identity/sexuality in adults using such technology. Do you have a link?

Maybe I've posted in the wrong topic but I was asking weather such technologies are possible to achieve or not as with the title. And no as far as I'm aware no one is working on that from what I know (it very well might be illegal to)

25 minutes ago, Hydromonke said:

Well as the title states , I was asking if such technologies are possible to achieve some day and how do we know weather this is possible or not in practice ?

We already have. “technology that can modify human beings , expand lifespan” We have pacemakers and artificial heart valves. Artificial limbs.

It’s not clear to me what modifications would be needed for space colonization; the barriers are with other tech.

This popped up on my news today: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55243014

The French armed forces have been given the go-ahead to start research on developing "enhanced soldiers".

A report laid out conditions under which work on implants and other technologies designed to improve battlefield performance should be carried out in the future.

The report stresses that other nations are exploring such possibilities, and that France must keep up.