Jump to content

A robot wrote an article! I am scared. Are you?


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sanitarium said:

I don't know what to believe it or not. What the hell is this all about? 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/08/robot-wrote-this-article-gpt-3

 

A program producing original content based on existing content.

AI Dungeon(on-the-fly adventure generator)is a good way to see this in action have fun with it.

https://aidungeon.io/play-ai-dungeon/

 

Going to be real crazy as coherency improves and video becomes more practical.

Edited by Endy0816
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not any time soon. I had the same concern when a friend of mine convinced me other wise. 
Even though a language model did write that it does not mean that it is accurate in its story telling. But instead it will just write a "fill in the blank" story so to speak.

Not a true reflection of reality

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ALine said:

Probably not any time soon. I had the same concern when a friend of mine convinced me other wise. 
Even though a language model did write that it does not mean that it is accurate in its story telling. But instead it will just write a "fill in the blank" story so to speak.

Not a true reflection of reality

 

I hope it's true! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sanitarium said:

Ever thought whats going to happen to the human editors when Robots replace them?

Same that will happen to all the other workers.  I don't know what the answer is to the looming crisis is, but the crisis is coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

this actually bring up an good point. Are we at the stage in technological development that we could hypothetically replace all jobs with an automated system preforming them? Like not in a precise "1 to 1" job comparison but enough so that companies no long need to worry about hiring any physical person? What industries are we 1-5 years of phasing human workers out of?

 

Edited by ALine
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zapatos said:

LOL!

I worked on installing a manufacturing line that needed 12 workers per shift to run.  20 years ago a line that produced the same volume of product would have employed 50 to 60 people per shift.  My job after helping to install the line was to eliminate 5 of those jobs.  The stated goal of the corporation that I worked for was to have 'dark' factories.  In other words since there are no people working the lights aren't needed.  I have seen what the current level of automation is and I am not as confident as you that there is no issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

I worked on installing a manufacturing line that needed 12 workers per shift to run.  20 years ago a line that produced the same volume of product would have employed 50 to 60 people per shift.  My job after helping to install the line was to eliminate 5 of those jobs.  The stated goal of the corporation that I worked for was to have 'dark' factories.  In other words since there are no people working the lights aren't needed.  I have seen what the current level of automation is and I am not as confident as you that there is no issue.

Haha. I guess I misunderstood your previous post. When you mentioned the 'looming crisis' I thought you were referring to the luddites with a play on words and was laughing at that. Oops!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zapatos said:

Haha. I guess I misunderstood your previous post. When you mentioned the 'looming crisis' I thought you were referring to the luddites with a play on words and was laughing at that. Oops!

Blooming heck.I never saw that.

Seriously ,we have just had the Iranians claim that an AI equipped machine gun killed their nuclear scientist.

Not so funny.Where does the dark side of this development lead?

Is it all 1 step forward and 1 step back or is it more chaotic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

I worked on installing a manufacturing line that needed 12 workers per shift to run.  20 years ago a line that produced the same volume of product would have employed 50 to 60 people per shift.  My job after helping to install the line was to eliminate 5 of those jobs.  The stated goal of the corporation that I worked for was to have 'dark' factories.  In other words since there are no people working the lights aren't needed.  I have seen what the current level of automation is and I am not as confident as you that there is no issue.

I have visited in Switztzerland an entire manufactory of sanitary equipment that was fully robotized, very impressive. The only workers were maintenance staff for the robots. It was mentioned that out of each set of 4 robots one was in maintenance. Fortunately the design team was not robotized (yet), but that was in 2015.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.