Can Antimatter explain Dark Energy and Dark Matter?

Asehgal33

I have had this theory for almost a decade and want to get this out there so others can share their opinion on it. Please let me know what you think!

The nature of the gravitational properties of antimatter can potentially solve 3 of the big puzzles on physics- dark matter, dark energy, and the lack of observed antimatter in the universe.

If antimatter has a repulsive gravitation property, meaning that antimatter is repulsive to all types of matter, including antimatter itself, then it would naturally want to be the farthest away from normal matter- galaxies.

The theory is that antimatter is spread out through the intergalactic medium, in between galaxies. Antimatter is pushing galaxies apart, pushing them farther and farther from each other every day. Now of course local galaxies and clusters that are gravitationally bound will not feel a significant impact of this repulsive force. 

Overtime, the space between these particles are increasing more and more. Particles of antimatter is essentially in an equally spaced lattice range pushing on other particles around it. This would cause expansion of the antimatter field between the galaxies, and push them apart

This force that pushes galaxies apart will also have a different impact on the galaxy, it will essentially squish it tighter and tighter. Now not only will galaxies be gravitationally attracted to the center of mass, but the outer regions of the galaxy will be repelled by the intergalactic medium pushing it to the center of mass located at the center of the galaxy. This force is essentially equivalent to the force of normal gravity and how it is felt on the galaxy is similar. The ordinary matter will be attractive, while the intergalactic space will be pushing the galaxy tighter and tighter.

Lastly, the proportion of matter and antimatter are equivalent. There is as much matter within the 100 billion galaxies plus all of the matter outside of galaxies, as there is the lattice of antimatter spread across all of the space in the universe.

I would appreciate comments on these ideas.

I’m not a physicist but a simple google search claims that antimatter is believed (but not yet proven) to interact the same as normal matter gravitationally.  Normally when a theory likes this pops up my first thought is, “surely someone with more expertise has thought this and there’s a good reason the theory isn’t widespread.”  That isn’t always the case and people thinking like you are the reason sometimes new theories do come out of left field, but it’s worth trying to disprove yourself first anyways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_interaction_of_antimatter

While the consensus among physicists is that gravity will attract both matter and antimatter at the same rate that matter attracts matter, there is a strong desire to confirm this experimentally- although simple algebra shows that the presence of two photons with positive energies following electron/positron annihilations observed frequently in nature is extremely strong evidence that antimatter has positive mass and thus would act like regular matter under gravity.

Repulsive gravity would need negative mass; that is not a possibility.
If an electron and positron come together, the photons produced have, at least 1022 MeV, which is twice the equivalent rest mass of an electron.
If one of the two had negative mass, the resultant would be zero.

Regardless of the gravitational properties, if there were an appreciable amount of antimatter out there, we would see the characteristic annihilation radiation from it when it met its matter twin. We don't see this. i.e. if it were positrons, to use MigL's example, we should see a lot of 511 keV photons. (possibly red-shifted from distant sources, but there should still be a signal)

Thank you for the responses.
Poe- Current research has not experimentally proved the gravitational nature of antimatter. Standard Model assumes that antimatter interacts the same as ordinary matter since it makes the math more elegant. I appreciate the feedback!

Swansont- I do agree with this. But since there is not a substantial amount of ordinary matter in the medium between galaxies, the annihilation events would be sparse. Additionally in an environment where the individual particles have a low kinetic energy and neutral charge, gravitation would dominate as the primary force. Since antimatter would repel, that may significantly reduce the quantity of annihilation events.

26 minutes ago, Asehgal33 said:

Swansont- I do agree with this. But since there is not a substantial amount of ordinary matter in the medium between galaxies, the annihilation events would be sparse.

Dark matter is thought to be located within galaxies, to account for the rotation curve deviation from normal matter. I don't see why annihilation events would be sparse.  

26 minutes ago, Asehgal33 said:

Additionally in an environment where the individual particles have a low kinetic energy and neutral charge, gravitation would dominate as the primary force. Since antimatter would repel, that may significantly reduce the quantity of annihilation events.

What neutral matter/antimatter particles are you considering here?

So is your proposal that anti-matter repels itself as well as repelling normal matter? How would this account for increased speeds of galaxy rotations? Why would it even hang around in or about galaxies?

If it is displaced from the galaxies and acting as a constant pressure from a distance, wouldn't that amount to a neutral effect, similar to attractive forces to anything inside a hollow sphere balancing everything out?