Jump to content

Why do science down play IQ with risk and bad for darwin


nec209
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why is it not a must that all politicians and business leaders have to have IQ of 100 and above.

Bill out money to big banks and big businesses is socialism for the rich hardly capitalism under capitalism bad business should go for bankruptcy. And the free market will taker off making new businesses to do well.

Now a pandemic like Covid, war, fire or disaster may be? And I use the word here may be? But they still should be required to have some money not businesses or banks living on the edge not having any money or cannot even shut down for short time.

When I gone to school my teacher said people that have low IQ will live pay check to pay check  because they cannot see cause and effect where people that have higher IQ will have money and plan for the future.

Take politicians on food safety or fire safety again cannot plan the brain cannot plan or understand cause and effect the live for today attitudes and after many death and lobbying than understand and new law is well past.

Same thing with Covid the countries that got hit hard with SARS and other diseases in the past had better planning of understanding cause and effect than Europe or North America.

Be it food safety , fire safety , pandemic response or disasters like flood or high winds so on. That people with IQ above 100 do better than people with IQ below 100.

But for some reason science downplay IQ in government or businesses like in the past.That people with a IQ above 100 do better understanding cause and effect.

I remember people in cities and town that is well a small percentage stay in a hurricane on the front porch with loaded shot gun ready to shoot trespassers and they have to be rescued later on. Well again not understanding danger and cause and effect.

Edited by nec209
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes people with high IQs are just better at rationalising their bad decisions.

Sometimes people with high IQs use them to con people with low IQs. (I leave it as an exercise for the student to think of any noteworthy examples.)

Sometimes people with high IQs are smart enough to avoid politics.

Sometimes people with high IQs are too busy making posts on science forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IQ means nothing more than how good you are at an IQ test. Science on brain and psychology is still young and so maybe more useful tests will come out further in the future or never will due to how the brain is built. Haven't took an IQ test myself but seems to me that most high achievers just get 5 minutes of fame and never achieve much else and live their lives doing as much as the low or middle IQ person. Also I think what attracts people to the idea of IQ meaning your smart is that it is generally accepted by the population as giving a person value of smartness or dumbness, it's just an easy way to think you are something without doing much else besides taking a test. I mean all your life you could live thinking you are a genius with a high IQ score but when it comes to doing anything else you fail tremendously at it, maybe that would make you an idiot savant in someway.

You wrote a lot of general, no evidence kind of stuffs so I write the same, opinions I guess. Peace bud, thanks for the question !

Edited by Saiyan300Warrior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Saiyan300Warrior said:

I mean all your life you could live thinking you are a genius with a high IQ score but when it comes to doing anything else you fail tremendously at it, maybe that would make you an idiot savant in someway.

Speaking personally, it just means I'm an idiot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Area54 said:

Sometimes people with high IQs are just better at rationalising their bad decisions.

Sometimes people with high IQs use them to con people with low IQs. (I leave it as an exercise for the student to think of any noteworthy examples.)

Sometimes people with high IQs are smart enough to avoid politics.

Sometimes people with high IQs are too busy making posts on science forums.

I just use it to be content with my stupidity... 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, nec209 said:

When I gone to school my teacher said people that have low IQ will live pay check to pay check  because they cannot see cause and effect where people that have higher IQ will have money and plan for the future.

If your teacher did not realise that people with higher IQs usually get paid more (and thus suffer less if they plan badly), then your teacher is an idiot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2020 at 7:51 PM, Saiyan300Warrior said:

IQ means nothing more than how good you are at an IQ test. Science on brain and psychology is still young and so maybe more useful tests will come out further in the future or never will due to how the brain is built. Haven't took an IQ test myself but seems to me that most high achievers just get 5 minutes of fame and never achieve much else and live their lives doing as much as the low or middle IQ person. Also I think what attracts people to the idea of IQ meaning your smart is that it is generally accepted by the population as giving a person value of smartness or dumbness, it's just an easy way to think you are something without doing much else besides taking a test. I mean all your life you could live thinking you are a genius with a high IQ score but when it comes to doing anything else you fail tremendously at it, maybe that would make you an idiot savant in someway.

You wrote a lot of general, no evidence kind of stuffs so I write the same, opinions I guess. Peace bud, thanks for the question !

Well from what I understand there are different IQ tests.

The spatial IQ or Spatial intelligence is ability to visualize with the mind's eye the visualization of objects from different angles and space. This IQ is well mostly useful for construction and engineering.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_intelligence_(psychology)

That you may score high on spatial IQ test but low on other IQ tests or score high on other IQ test but low on spatial IQ.

You also have Verbal intelligence useful for problem solving and abstract reasoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbal_intelligence

The IQ I’m talking about in this thread deal with cause and effect and planning. When it comes to fire safety, food safety and pandemic response  you don’t need hardship over and over to learn from your mistakes you can visualize problems in your head and outcomes before problems start and or what to do so problems do not get worse. People with this low IQ with NOT understanding cause and effect and  planning and will experience hardship over and over and may not even learn from the mistakes as they don’t understand the brain is not built to understand why they are experiencing hardship.

They may not understand you can’t spend all your money that you have to save part of your money for an emergency that if you get fired from work you will not be homeless, you can’t go on vacation every month you will be poor may be only one time per year and save your money for an emergency.

If you build factory or office building and don’t put any money into fire safety and a fire starts your businesses can go down and you will have less money.

As a politicians when it comes to food safety, fire safety or pandemic response so on they will learn the hard way and experience hardship.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:34 PM, swansont said:

What is your evidence that “science” does this?

IQ test before you get a job or an IQ test before you can go to college or university?

And most politicians will not be able to be politicians and North America and Europe would have much better Covid response.

And Trump would not even be allowed to run or most all those other politicians and senators.

 

Edited by nec209
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, nec209 said:

IQ test before you get a job or an IQ test before you can go to college or university?

How is this an example of “science downplay IQ in government or businesses like in the past.” Colleges require certain tests (e.g the SAT in the US), which are allegedly tests to measure intelligence and learning. One could argue that getting a degree is an equivalent of such a test, if degrees were awarded on merit. So I don’t see how this is downplaying IQ.

But “science” is not an entity, nor is “science” requiring (or not requiring) IQ tests.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nec209 said:

Well from what I understand there are different IQ tests.

The spatial IQ or Spatial intelligence is ability to visualize with the mind's eye the visualization of objects from different angles and space. This IQ is well mostly useful for construction and engineering.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_intelligence_(psychology)

That you may score high on spatial IQ test but low on other IQ tests or score high on other IQ test but low on spatial IQ.

You also have Verbal intelligence useful for problem solving and abstract reasoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbal_intelligence

The IQ I’m talking about in this thread deal with cause and effect and planning. When it comes to fire safety, food safety and pandemic response  you don’t need hardship over and over to learn from your mistakes you can visualize problems in your head and outcomes before problems start and or what to do so problems do not get worse. People with this low IQ with NOT understanding cause and effect and  planning and will experience hardship over and over and may not even learn from the mistakes as they don’t understand the brain is not built to understand why they are experiencing hardship.

They may not understand you can’t spend all your money that you have to save part of your money for an emergency that if you get fired from work you will not be homeless, you can’t go on vacation every month you will be poor may be only one time per year and save your money for an emergency.

If you build factory or office building and don’t put any money into fire safety and a fire starts your businesses can go down and you will have less money.

As a politicians when it comes to food safety, fire safety or pandemic response so on they will learn the hard way and experience hardship.

IQ test before you get a job or an IQ test before you can go to college or university?

And most politicians will not be able to be politicians and North America and Europe would have much better Covid response.

And Trump would not even be allowed to run or most all those other politicians and senators.

 

I think it is better to just refer to people as not being able to understand cause and effect. IQ test is IQ test, cause and effect principle is cause and effect principle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saiyan300Warrior said:

I think it is better to just refer to people as not being able to understand cause and effect. IQ test is IQ test, cause and effect principle is cause and effect principle. 

What does that even mean?

An IQ test is essentially a measure of one's understanding of one's own culture.

Bespoke-education-272x300.jpg

main-qimg-b98d152beefb60cbd0cc74ab21e30e0e.webp

On 12/6/2020 at 12:32 AM, nec209 said:

Why is it not a must that all politicians and business leaders have to have IQ of 100 and above.

Because that would be stupid. 🙄

Edited by dimreepr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2020 at 6:25 AM, Saiyan300Warrior said:

I think it is better to just refer to people as not being able to understand cause and effect. IQ test is IQ test, cause and effect principle is cause and effect principle. 

Well I’m not sure I could be getting confused with logical reasoning test.

A logical reasoning test measures your ability or aptitude to reason logically.

https://www.123test.com/logical-reasoning-test/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well delete that post above I don’t think logical reasoning test has any thing to do with risk taking and cause and effect.

A logical reasoning test measures your ability or aptitude to reason logically. Generally, logical reasoning tests measure non-verbal abilities. You must, through logical and abstract reasoning, extract rules, analogies and structures which you subsequently use to find a correct answer among a set of possible options.
 

Not sure if logical reasoning will help, I don’t think it has any thing to do with this thread. As this thread is more about risk and cause and effect.

I watched a video saying the origin and purpose of IQ tests are to see how well people do in school and your job.

Where people with low IQ will struggle and have a very hard time in school and some subjects like engineering, physics and law may not even make it in school no matter trying over and over. And some jobs require a IQ test. And if you score low you will have hard time doing your job.

I’m not sure if there is IQ test that tests risk taking /cause and effect.

Do people that stay on the front porch of their home ready to shoot people that get close to their home in a tornado or hurricane understand cause and effect or are they just I don’t care I’m Superman type attitude that brainwash them self that nothing will happen. Same thing with business people and politicians? Where some one from medical ages will probably do better job or high school student than them.

 

Edited by nec209
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because "they" not need  for clever effective politics and manegers. They need keeping power, and stupid politicans  are good as comfortable puppets.
In addition, the modern mainstream of power and the image of the intellectual is an autistic type, where not intelligence, but memory plays a crucial role.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Shouldn't that be mediated?

 
In what sense?
Of course, memory is needed anyway. But with its excess, an algorithmic type of brain develops. The type that keeps millions instructions for any case of life. Like PC. It's no good for human evolution.

Of course, IQ-testing is far from ideal.But this at least shows the ability to generalize and self-study.

Edited by molbol2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, molbol2000 said:

Because "they" not need  for clever effective politics and manegers. They need keeping power, and stupid politicans  are good as comfortable puppets.
In addition, the modern mainstream of power and the image of the intellectual is an autistic type, where not intelligence, but memory plays a crucial role.

 

You can be intellectual person that loves to read lots and lots of books and be really knowledgeable in math, biology, economics, medicine,  Physics, culture, law and government so on and still be risk taker or not understand cause and effect.

So I don’t think making law that only intellectual people can set up businesses or be in government will help.

Edited by nec209
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nec209 said:

You can be intellectual person that loves to read lots and lots of books and be really knowledgeable in math, biology, economics, medicine,  Physics, culture, law

This have nothing with IQ

21 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Shouldn't that be mediated?

Memory is not big  matter, there are  material for read-write, no need to carry all information in the head. The memory of human is redundant. There are no one man which memory insufficient for practic aspect of life

Memory is a waste of brain resources

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, sweetque said:

This have nothing with IQ

Memory is not big  matter, there are  material for read-write, no need to carry all information in the head. The memory of human is redundant. There are no one man which memory insufficient for practic aspect of life

Memory is a waste of brain resources

Well it was the poster above who said politicians should be an intellectual.  I said they could well love to read lots and lots of books on many subjects like biology, medicine, physics, law and economics so on and still be risk taker or do stupid things.

That just because you a intellectual does not mean you good at understanding cause and effect and analysis risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.