Should we lie to people for the greater good?

VenusPrincess

6 hours ago, dimreepr said:

"sigh" 🙄 If you say so.

If you want further clarification, just ask; Just because you don't like my answer, doesn't magically make it dissappear...

I say so. You havn't given an answer...Perhaps some cryptic nonsense you are noted for and as mentioned by others, but no answer. If you have an answer/clarification, then point me to it. If you havn't, then keep on doing what you are doing.

This reads like a rant from a religious zealot (my god/believe is better than your's), rather than a reassonable argument/critique for what is the greater good.

The old pot kettle black scenario again! 😁 I suspect you are annoyed by my deity criticism. Is that it? I mean reading between the lines, at times it does seem you accept the supernatural/paranormal myth rather then reality and fact. But you can lie to me if you wish. 😉

Edited by beecee

10 hours ago, beecee said:

I say so. You havn't given an answer...Perhaps some cryptic nonsense you are noted for and as mentioned by others, but no answer. If you have an answer/clarification, then point me to it. If you havn't, then keep on doing what you are doing.

The old pot kettle black scenario again! 😁 I suspect you are annoyed by my deity criticism. Is that it? I mean reading between the lines, at times it does seem you accept the supernatural/paranormal myth rather then reality and fact. But you can lie to me if you wish. 😉

Oh FFS man, grow up.

14 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Oh FFS man, grow up.

Simple questions, seem far to hard for you, so you resort to insults? 

You havn't given an answer...Perhaps some cryptic nonsense you are noted for and as mentioned by others, but no answer. If you have an answer/clarification, then point me to it. If you havn't, then keep on doing what you are doing.

7 hours ago, dimreepr said:

fooled.jpg

Which is the correct answer?

What's your answer?

Edited by beecee

13 hours ago, beecee said:

Simple questions, seem far to hard for you, so you resort to insults? 

What's your answer?

And red negs? 🤮 Or is that from another insulted pretend philosopher? 

You havn't given an answer...Perhaps some cryptic nonsense you are noted for and as mentioned by others, but no answer. If you have an answer/clarification, then point me to it. If you havn't, then keep on doing what you are doing.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:36 PM, dimreepr said:

Oh FFS man, grow up.

😅 

Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know.

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970) English philosopher, mathematician.

An example of a real philsopher, understanding reality.😉

3 hours ago, beecee said:

And red negs? 🤮 Or is that from another insulted pretend philosopher? 

😅

Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know.

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970) English philosopher, mathematician.

An example of a real philsopher, understanding reality.😉

As, I think, Kierkegaard would have said "You're making a fool of yourself"; please stop... 🙏

The most insidious of lies are the one's we tell ourselves...

The only reason I continued to engage with you in these thread's is, I believe everyone deserves the chance of redemtion, and can be redeemed, until I'm proven wrong; whilst I'm not 100% certain that I'm right about you; you have gone beyond reasonable doubt; so I official place you in the prison of my ignore list and have thrown away the key.

Not really, I'll just ignore you until you have something interesting to say... 😉

As, I think, Kierkegaard would have said "You're making a fool of yourself"; please stop... 🙏

The most insidious of lies are the one's we tell ourselves...

The only reason I continued to engage with you in these thread's is, I believe everyone deserves the chance of redemtion, and can be redeemed, until I'm proven wrong; whilst I'm not 100% certain that I'm right about you; you have gone beyond reasonable doubt; so I official place you in the prison of my ignore list and have thrown away the key.

Not really, I'll just ignore you until you have something interesting to say... 😉

Or perhaps its you that should grow up? Is this some sort of superiority complex of yours? 

Now again, If you have an answer/clarification, then point me to it. If you havn't, then keep on doing what you are doing...or grow up?

ps: You may notice a change in my methodology. It's only for a couple of you though, that have this reputation of asking questions off other questions and other weird and wonderfulphilosophical deeeep thinking stuff. I'm simply giving you back similar, but I must admit I am somewhat surprised you are unable to handle it.🤭

!

Moderator Note

beecee, dimreepr, if you can't participate in these discussions without attacking each other personally, I will suspend you both. Stick to attacking ideas and stop trying to out-insult each other.