unfertilized chicken egg & male y

Eli

Hi

Sorry in advanced for for my english. Recently im hearing scientific podcasts while jogging. One of them overwhelmed me with two claims that i just must vetify in order to sleep well. A genetics researcher claimed:

1. almost all creatures on earth that mutate with eggs can do it either by the preferred way with fertilizing the egg using the male, or cloning the mother without fertilizing if no male is around. For example an unfertilized chicken egg under special treatment (incubator?) can clone the mother chicken

2. mamal's male is transferring knowledge to its y genes with accordance to his life experience. For example, male mice were punished after smelling vanila so their "kids" will run away whenever they smell vanila eventhough they were'nt punished just their father

thanks

4 hours ago, Eli said:

Hi

Sorry in advanced for for my english. Recently im hearing scientific podcasts while jogging. One of them overwhelmed me with two claims that i just must vetify in order to sleep well. A genetics researcher claimed:

1. almost all creatures on earth that mutate with eggs can do it either by the preferred way with fertilizing the egg using the male, or cloning the mother without fertilizing if no male is around. For example an unfertilized chicken egg under special treatment (incubator?) can clone the mother chicken

2. mamal's male is transferring knowledge to its y genes with accordance to his life experience. For example, male mice were punished after smelling vanila so their "kids" will run away whenever they smell vanila eventhough they were'nt punished just their father

thanks

Parthenogenesis can occur, but to my knowledge it is still very atypical in chickens. Most would fail to develop.

For some species however parthenogenesis is the only way they reproduce.

Note that this is different from cloning where the existing genetic material is removed with new genetic material inserted.

In your second case, likely only the code that eventually leads to the smell receptors is being modified.  If some smell is repulsive to the offspring they will naturally flee. 

The parthenogenesis was new to me. Thanks Endy. I guesd i'll reduce my consumption of eggs nows on.

Regarding the 2nd issue. I found the source of the experiment. One ref: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24677-fear-of-a-smell-can-be-passed-down-several-generations/ 

As for my opinion, this is no less than amazing.It sheds light on the role that males have got in nature among mammals. The idea that challenges and experience that males go throgh their life implicate on the y gene and passes to the next generations is much much more significant than the theory of darwin. I wonder what states of mind i had when i did my son. I wonder how come it is not publushed and studied at schools and academy intitutions