Does drinking water make you sick?

I am researching a problem my friend has. Anytime she drinks water she feels nauseous.

It doesn't matter what type of water. Tap, boiled, bottled, spring, reverse osmosis filtered, cold, warm, room temp., etc. ALL water makes her nauseated. Normally I would think she might have some kind of mental aversion but it turns out her mother also has this same exact issue. 

If you have this issue please comment. I would like to know your blood type and rh factor (-/+). Just being curious. Thank you.

We are not really in a position to give any kind of medical advice or diagnosis here, especially not based on very non-specific symptoms such as the ones you describe; if you are concerned about your friend, you need to urge them to go and see a medical professional. 

4 minutes ago, Bartholomew Jones said:

None.  One season I didn't thirst much for water.  I added table sugar which did stimulate my thirst.

!

Moderator Note

So it’s both anecdotal and not addressing the question asked. That’s less than helpful.

On 12/3/2020 at 2:32 AM, Markus Hanke said:

We are not really in a position to give any kind of medical advice or diagnosis here, especially not based on very non-specific symptoms such as the ones you describe; if you are concerned about your friend, you need to urge them to go and see a medical professional. 

I'm not asking for advice. I'm asking for other members who possibly have the same scenario happening and what their blood type is and if they are rh + or -. 

4 hours ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

So it’s both anecdotal and not addressing the question asked. That’s less than helpful.

Thank you, moderator. 

On 12/3/2020 at 8:17 AM, Phi for All said:

We have a couple of past threads that mention this, if it helps. As Markus says, as long as we're not put in a position where we're advising anybody about a medical situation, it won't run afoul of our rules. 

Yes that is very helpful!! Thank you. One post actually has science articles and other information that directly relate to her situation. Very much appreciated!!

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:07 AM, Schalana said:

I am researching a problem my friend has. Anytime she drinks water she feels nauseous.

It doesn't matter what type of water. Tap, boiled, bottled, spring, reverse osmosis filtered, cold, warm, room temp., etc. ALL water makes her nauseated. Normally I would think she might have some kind of mental aversion but it turns out her mother also has this same exact issue. 

If you have this issue please comment. I would like to know your blood type and rh factor (-/+). Just being curious. Thank you.

Hi, I think you might be right, maybe some kind of mental/psychological aversion. Water is one of our basic needs as a human. I think also this maybe a sensory defensive kind of aversion. I think they should seek professional help though.