Keira Bell case

tim.tdj

Hi Everyone

In my Opinion, the verdict of the Keira Bell case is the result of a horribly confused situation. According to the BBC News, she was given both puberty blockers and male hormones. In my view, it was obviously very wrong to give her male hormones but I think it was entirely right to give her the puberty blockers because they are reversible. I think that this case has caused terrible unnecessary damage to the cause of gender dysphoric children who will probably now be forced to irreversibly develop in the way they do not want to develop. If I was the judge, I would have penalized the Tavistock Centre for giving Keira Bell the male hormones but I would have very clearly and emphatically stipulated that there should not be any restrictions placed on the use of puberty blockers.

What does everyone think?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

7 minutes ago, tim.tdj said:

Hi Everyone

In my Opinion, the verdict of the Keira Bell case is the result of a horribly confused situation.

!

Moderator Note

Is this a medical topic or a legal (political) one?

According to the BBC News,

!

Moderator Note

A link to the story would be appropriate 

44 minutes ago, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

Is this a medical topic or a legal (political) one?

!

Moderator Note

A link to the story would be appropriate 

Hi Swansont

Thank you very much for your reply.

In answer to your first question, I suppose it is a mixture of both. It is medical in that I believe it merits a discussion about the different functionalities of sexualizing hormones versus puberty blockers.

So far as a link to the story is concerned, I saw it on this evening's news on TV. I will now try to find a link to a written article that mentions the male hormones and will then get back to you.

EDIT: I have found the following link to a recent news article about the case which mentions the male hormones:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/former-transgender-man-suing-gender-22800014

For more up-to-date news on the case, a search on Google for "Keira Bell" will give plenty of results.

EDIT 2: Another answer to your first question has just occurred to me. It is also medical in that I believe it merits a discussion about the complex psychology of the case which unfortunately, some people have over simplified.

Edited by tim.tdj
Update

10 hours ago, tim.tdj said:

EDIT 2: Another answer to your first question has just occurred to me. It is also medical in that I believe it merits a discussion about the complex psychology of the case which unfortunately, some people have over simplified.

!

Moderator Note

Then the discussion here will be medical. Can you phrase your inquiry so it’s a medical question?