What if mix LPG with Petrol in an engine!?

Yusef

Hi,

I installed manually a LPG tank and other devices for my car but the mixer[air/fuel]

Then i thought what will be if i connect the pipe of output of LPG into the Air filter box directly without any mixer,

But i cut wires of the TPS and put one resistor instead of that that deceive the ECU and the ECU think the Throttle is always closed and command the Injector to inject fewer fuel [at all speeds]

But I connect the TPS to a series of devices that inject LPG instead of the rest needy fuel[petrol]

Is that Okay !?

Means at once there be Petrol/LPG/Air mixed together into the engine

I’ll defer to a chemist for a better response than mine, but I don’t believe you can mix them at once. You’d need to setup the engine to burn one or the other. 

Consider looking at dual fuel portable generators to see how they function. You must select LPG or gasoline, but can’t feed the engine with both simultaneously. 

43 minutes ago, iNow said:

I’ll defer to a chemist for a better response than mine, but I don’t believe you can mix them at once. You’d need to setup the engine to burn one or the other. 

Consider looking at dual fuel portable generators to see how they function. You must select LPG or gasoline, but can’t feed the engine with both simultaneously

Okay

But i had a Mazda pickup and it's switch was been damaged and for a period it was using both Petrol and LPG at once!

And as the fuel is very cheap in the Middle East i was let it and it hadn't had any problem!

10 litter petrol = 20litters LPG = 40litters Diesel = 20litres mineral water = 3hrs working of a simple worker = 1$ In Iran[Now]

At all thanks for guided me..

I'm await for other opinions/knowledges/experiences

20 hours ago, Yusef said:

Then i thought what will be if i connect the pipe of output of LPG into the Air filter box directly without any mixer,

Then you have a potentially explosive mixture in a place that is not designed for it.

That's a bad idea.

It's probably going to invalidate your insurance too.

In the UK, the incentive to use LPG as a vehicle fuel is that it's cheap. The conversion cost- which is about £2000- is recovered because LPG is roughly half the price of petrol.
But if you live somewhere where all fuels are cheap, you will never cover the cost of doing the conversion properly.

When your petrol is nearly as cheap as mineral water, why bother with the risk and hassle of converting?

3 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Then you have a potentially explosive mixture in a place that is not designed for it.

That's a bad idea.

It's probably going to invalidate your insurance too.

In the UK, the incentive to use LPG as a vehicle fuel is that it's cheap. The conversion cost- which is about £2000- is recovered because LPG is roughly half the price of petrol.
But if you live somewhere where all fuels are cheap, you will never cover the cost of doing the conversion properly.

When your petrol is nearly as cheap as mineral water, why bother with the risk and hassle of converting?

It was been mistaken

1$ is = 50litters LPG = 3pieces of Sandwich = 60pieces of Bread = a whole dinner = 20litters mineral water lol

Also the cheaper! we have 60litters petrol monthly for our cars with price 3$ for all 60litters,

And have 300litters Diesel monthly with price 3$ for all 300litters!

But the Car/Truck/Minivoos/Bus is sooo expensive!

And we should purchase a 30year-old car equals a 2020model in other countries!

Exactly 180degree reversed in other countries that the fuel is sooo expensive and car is cheap!

And at all the human is how likes to upgrade daily and at all has avarice about everything 

And while the 60litters of ours will be ended after an week, it will be sooo bad and makes us angry that after a week we should pay double money for them per litter! Lol😬😂

What is your prices in the UK!? that if I saw it's the better for life, i migrate there

Petrol in the UK is about £ 1.12 which is equivalent to  about $1.50 per litre.

Water is delivered by pipe- it isn't normally metered; you pay for the connection rather than per litre. The cost is about £1.00 per day and you can use as much water as you need.

If you want to, you can get a water meter fitted and pay for it by volume.
The typical cost is about £1.90 per 1000 litres.

It's not very helpful to compare prices unless you also compare incomes. Average salary in the UK is about £35,000 per year. I think that's a bit more than 3 times the average salary in Iran but the exchange rates vary with time and the tax systems are different.

47 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Petrol in the UK is about £ 1.12 which is equivalent to  about $1.50 per litre.

Water is delivered by pipe- it isn't normally metered; you pay for the connection rather than per litre. The cost is about £1.00 per day and you can use as much water as you need.

If you want to, you can get a water meter fitted and pay for it by volume.
The typical cost is about £1.90 per 1000 litres.

It's not very helpful to compare prices unless you also compare incomes. Average salary in the UK is about £35,000 per year. I think that's a bit more than 3 times the average salary in Iran but the exchange rates vary with time and the tax systems are different.

We pay 1$ for 30,000litres water through piping!!

And average pay monthly 1$ for 4months!

And CNG for houses is 1$ for about 60m3 through piping!

But you wrote mistaken and your salaries are 35 times of ours!

LOL...

one day news said: Iranians are the most happy people because go to travel more than any people of the world!!

I said it's for price of the fuel lol hahaha

Once again the news said: NASA asked people to go to March and won't be able to returning back... then Iranians more than any other countries approved!!! And it shows they are the most fearless people!!

I said lol it's for their life that they want to make themselves dead lol hahaha

We should compare prices in countries depending on:

Salary

Payments monthly

Payment of house monthly 

Therefore i thought and understood that this the same my own country is the better!!

For i had salary 3$ per hour [9 times of a simple worker] before Covid-18 and my wage was 25$ per hour before coming President Trump,

And ours is the better for life for me who want to purchase a Ninibus and travel around Iran with this price of Gasoil[diesel] 

But if you join me to an explorer/discovery group there, Then i am ready to go there with the lest salary and the weakest house and the weakest place in any village and the humble job like guarding of a company or even guarding of a garden or etc...

• 1 month later...

Yusuf

Automotive LPG is an undeveloped market in the US. In Europe it is developed a little more but nothing like as much as in the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Therefore there is little experience on this site regarding your question.

Also, the proportion of propane to butane specified for each country varies with climate. In Britain and Ireland, automotive LPG is almost pure propane while some Mediterranean countries specify up to 80% butane. I don't know the standard for Iran (I had to ring a friend to check you had moved onto unleaded gasoline!) but I would expect your LPG to be butane rich and therefore a little more 'gasoline-like' in its combustion characteristics than that used in northern Europe. 

LPG octane numbers are on the low side (~90) and therefore I personally would be very reluctant to conduct this experiment particularly on an unmodified high compression engine. (Unless I wanted it to be converted to a low compression engine!). I'm sure you must know a good local car mechanic. He is likely to have a much better idea how to proceed given your particular vehicle and the locally available fuels.

For what it's worth.

I drove a pickup (it was my brother in laws company vehicle in Alberta Canada) back in 1979/80 that operated on either LPG or gasoline...but you could switch one off to the other while driving. You could detect a stumble when switching IIRC but not too much of one.

Other than driving it I don't know the intricate details of the system but I'm sure there was, by design, no chance of any explosions outside the piston....and any chance of one inside?....well that's just what internal combustion engines do...they can't operate without them.

I can't see how any mixture of LPG and gasoline in the piston under compression with air can be significantly more powerful than either on their own with air. Unless you can somehow pack in more oxygen. Adding either fuel in excess will just eliminate or reduce the explosion.

So I think the key is to make sure there is no chance of any explosion outside the pistons...same as any internal combustion engine

Edited by J.C.MacSwell