How to get chomosomes into a cell?

fredreload

I got 46 chromosomes(that of a human) that needs to be placed into a cell for it to work(agreed?). There are two ways that I am thinking of.

1. Inject chromosomes into a pre-existing cell.

2. Build a cell around the chromosomes.

The problem about number 1 is that a chromosome is too big to be inserted into a cell through a virus, and even if you do manage to get it pass the cell wall you still need to get it pass into the nucleus. The pores of the cell nucleus is only 2nm wide(last time I checked if I remember correctly). You could get it past into the nucleus in pieces and re-assemble it inside the cell nucleus but it just sounds like way too much work.

The problem about number 2 is it is something I have never even heard of. Do you induce a mitosis around the chromosomes or clone the stem cells? I mean technically there is no cell formation there is only cell replication.

Let me know how the recent science would work to complete this

P.S. Perhaps injecting chromosomes into a bacterial cell would transform it into a human cell(this would be the concept of transdifferentiation), speculation

Edited by fredreload

On 11/21/2020 at 12:36 AM, CharonY said:

You can enucleate a eukaryotic cell and put a new nucleus in. We cannot build cells.

Good call, but how do you build a nucleus around the 46 chromosomes? I googled it says nucleus wall rebuild itself during mitosis but the exact method is unknown.

4 hours ago, CharonY said:

No we cannot do that, either. We take it from another cell.

Right, the problem is I want to customize my own chromosome through 3D printing DNA, but even then the method of packaging DNA into chromosome is still in question.

• 2 months later...