How to Deactivate My Account??

2 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

I cannot see an option in my account settings....

You canā€™t deactivate it.

You can choose not to visit. Participation here is voluntary.

1 hour ago, CuriosOne said:

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard...

Weā€™ve had people request bans and suspensions.Ā 

5 minutes ago, swansont said:

You canā€™t deactivate it.

You can choose not to visit. Participation here is voluntary.

Weā€™ve had people request bans and suspensions.Ā 

I was referring to the reasoning of changing my password forgetting it then walking away.....

Im well aware of the voluntary participation, but was not aware of the sarcasm or indirect passive insults..

You can be a 'quitter', Ā walk away, and prove us right.
Or, you can prove us wrong about you, stick around, show us up, and actually learn something.

Again, purely voluntary; the choice is yours to make.
( yes, this is called 'tough love' )

6 minutes ago, MigL said:

You can be a 'quitter', Ā walk away, and prove us right.
Or, you can prove us wrong about you, stick around, show us up, and actually learn something.

Again, purely voluntary; the choice is yours to make.
( yes, this is called 'tough love' )

Ayy see..

32 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

I was referring to the reasoning of changing my password forgetting it then walking away.....

Im well aware of the voluntary participation, but was not aware of the sarcasm or indirect passive insults..

You might want to at least consider the possibility that you are in some way bringing this on yourself.Ā 

If you want to change your approach that is fine.

If you are happy with your approach and have no intention of changing, that is fine too.

Either way a little introspection never hurt anyone.

Thatā€™s happened, too

Sarcasm is going to happen if you interact with people, and is not inherently a violation of the rules.

As far as insults go, I canā€™t comment without specific examples. Iā€™ve seen such accusations that were just because someoneā€™s mistakeĀ was corrected. Attacking what you post is not only not a violation, itā€™s expected

2 hours ago, swansont said:

Thatā€™s happened, too

Sarcasm is going to happen if you interact with people, and is not inherently a violation of the rules.

As far as insults go, I canā€™t comment without specific examples. Iā€™ve seen such accusations that were just because someoneā€™s mistakeĀ was corrected. Attacking what you post is not only not a violation, itā€™s expected

There are posts here accusing me of being liar, one is where I told another member that sharing links to videos was against forum rules, I'm sure the rules will bend themselves again.

Here is another personal insult by your members..

Ā 

Screenshot_20201109-185600_Gallery.jpg

Edited by CuriosOne

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

It must be exhausting carrying around that huge chip on your shoulder and always grinding axes with every postĀ 

I took a snap photo of your personal insults to me and will make sure the ownersĀ of this site see it..

Just now, iNow said:

You need to learn what a personal insult actually is

This forum does great with that, thank you..Meaning I just learned that...

Now letsĀ see your "smartness" answer some of my post...Oh I forget I'm "ignorant" right...??

Ā 

2 hours ago, zapatos said:

You might want to at least consider the possibility that you are in some way bringing this on yourself.Ā 

If you want to change your approach that is fine.

If you are happy with your approach and have no intention of changing, that is fine too.

Either way a little introspection never hurt anyone.

""I agree "" it's a bold step asking "what are numbers" 4(a+b) is 4 a coefficient or a natural number..Its notĀ common to ask this, but it is important to know..I have the right to know, and if we dont know then say so...I don't know....its simple..

23 minutes ago, iNow said:

You need to learn what a personal insult actually is

I suspect itā€™s frustrating trying to navigate here with so many misunderstandingsĀ 

Maybe im just bored at the moment...

I'm sure a lot of people are..

40 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

"I agree "" it's a bold step asking "what are numbers" 4(a+b) is 4 a coefficient or a natural number..Its notĀ common to ask this, but it is important to know..I have the right to know, and if we dont know then say so...I don't know....its simple..

If you want to pretend you are ignorant of what is happening here that's fine too. But it is one of your many traits that annoy people here.

Oh I forget I'm "ignorant" right...??

Do you know what that word even means?

Weā€™re all ignorant of many things. Approached with the proper mindset, it need not be a permanent condition. Some, sadly, choose to willfully cling to it.Ā 

8 hours ago, Sensei said:

You can change password to random sequence of characters and don't store it or remember. You won't be able to log in anymore.

Heā€™d also have to change his email address to something else first, otherwise he could use the forgot password option to return

15 minutes ago, iNow said:

Do you know what that word even means?

Weā€™re all ignorant of many things. Approached with the proper mindset, it need not be a permanent condition. Some, sadly, choose to willfully cling to it.Ā 

Heā€™d also have to change his email address to something else first, otherwise he could use the forgot password option to return

The e-mail also has to be valid since alteration of it requires authenticity for the new password to work, "thats asuming the forum's system is set up that way." We should just have the option to de-activate, its easier...Ā 

8 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

We should just have the option to de-activate, its easier...Ā 

And when you decide to open your own forum, you can explore whether thatā€™s a possible option on the various software platforms available to support it.

Out of curiosity, when you arrive to a restaurant or to a friends house, do you also tell them how they should decorate their walls or tell them to start moving around their furniture to better suit your personal preferences over theirs?

9 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

The e-mail also has to be valid since alteration of it requires authenticity for the new password to work, "thats asuming the forum's system is set up that way." We should just have the option to de-activate, its easier...Ā 

Easier for whom?

You can just not come to this site. Or you can ask us to ban you. Those are your options. That seems pretty easy. The first one requires you to literally do nothing.

What wonā€™t happen is that we let people delete accounts, which would remove their posts, and wreak havoc with existing threads.Ā 

Ā 

36 minutes ago, swansont said:

Easier for whom?

You can just not come to this site. Or you can ask us to ban you. Those are your options. That seems pretty easy. The first one requires you to literally do nothing.

What wonā€™t happen is that we let people delete accounts, which would remove their posts, and wreak havoc with existing threads.Ā 

Ā 

Even if their post are ""Copyrighted Material??""

The publisher "member" "OP" owns the rights not the forum..

Deleting posts "should be the sole right of the person whom created the post" its "published" information that they own, "unless" they copied and pasted from other sources, however I'm very sure original ideas have been brought to this forum perhaps under a copyright agreement to be shared publically with the science community..

Ā 

This is why im sure members who ask to be banned on purpose wish for their material to be deleting to avoid future issues..

Ā 

This is something I know "Ohh To Well"

12 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Maybe im just bored at the moment...

This is my guess. You post like you want to disrupt what everyone else is doing so they can pay attention to you. LOTS of hijacks and off-topic posts. It's a shame, you seem very intelligent.

One of the hallmarks of the scientific mind is that it's NEVER bored. There's always something interesting, but you have to be willing to be amazed. If you start out bored and ignorant, you'll remain that way.

2 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

Oh, sweetie, no....

6 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

Even if their post are ""Copyrighted Material??""

Deleting posts "should be the sole right of the person whom created the post" its "published" information that they own, "unless" they copied and pasted from other sources, however I'm very sure original ideas have been brought to this forum perhaps under a copyright agreement to be shared publically with the science community..

Ā 

This is why im sure members who ask to be banned on purpose wish for their material to be deleting to avoid future issues..

Ā 

This is something I know "Ohh To Well"

Who are you quoting? For example, who said "unless" in a previous conversation that you feel the need to quote now?