Jump to content

Why do scientist "think" they know everything??


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

What Does This Video Have To Do With My OP??? And Where Are The Moderators??

This is a discussion forum. Hence, we tend to discuss things. Please quit your bitching and join in, or leave. You are making a spectacle of yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because we let them think they invented the calculator; the first was five fingers on the left, and five fingers on the right.  Who made that one?

In my years of study and questioning the ideas of science that effect our world, especially the environment I "always" come across scientist whom for "political reasoning" need to bash others with dis

This forum is very subjective and absolute with their rules, the numerolgy post is a good example......

Posted Images

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

This is a discussion forum. Hence, we tend to discuss things. Please quit your bitching and join in, or leave. You are making a spectacle of yourself.

Maybe I will join in the discussions in due time...There are some very important things I must understand 1st..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

You also just validated the unfairness here

So, you think having to follow the rules- which you agreed to when you signed up, and which apply to everyone, is unfair?

 

Then leave.

5 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

My video and post "both spoke about the "3rd dimension" here is a snap photo..You also just validated the unfairness here, so Thnxxx.

 

 

......

 

Screenshot_20201109-194133_Chrome.jpg

What does this video have to do with the OP???

 

Screenshot_20201109-195116_Chrome.jpg

What Does This Video Have To Do With My OP??? And Where Are The Moderators??

At about 1 minute and 50 seconds, he (he's a scientist, BTW) says " well science knows it doesn't know everything- otherwise it would stop".

Do you see how that is related to the thread's title etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 4:20 AM, CuriosOne said:

Maybe I will join in the discussions in due time...There are some very important things I must understand 1st..

All you need to understand is, you're not the cleverest person here; no one here thinks that (ego's aside).

Then you'd understand that you're conflating science with a scientist (in this thread), it takes all the scientists for science to know all that it does.

 

It's definitely worth eating that nasty tasting portion of humble pie; it's amazing what you come to understand, if you're willing to listen.

2 hours ago, joigus said:

Posting videos is not against the forum rules. Posting standalone videos in a discussion OP with no further explanation is.

Oops... 🤐

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dimreepr said:

All you need to understand is, you're not the cleverest person here; no one here thinks that (ego's aside).

Then you'd understand that you're conflating science with a scientist (in this thread), it takes all the scientists for science to know all that it does.

 

It's definitely worth eating that nasty tasting portion of humble pie; it's amazing what you come to understand, if you're willing to listen.

Oops... 🤐

 "Science is incomplete."

There is still missing gaps in science and  one is how to reconcile all fundamental forces and what truly connects or unifies them...I'm reffering to the idea of The Theory Of Everything, The Zeroth Theorm and so many others out their...Again Science is incomplete, not my words "like your said" scientist words...

On the rest, I very much "agree" with you..

Edited by CuriosOne
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 1:15 AM, John Cuthber said:

So, you think having to follow the rules- which you agreed to when you signed up, and which apply to everyone, is unfair?

 

Then leave.

At about 1 minute and 50 seconds, he (he's a scientist, BTW) says " well science knows it doesn't know everything- otherwise it would stop".

Do you see how that is related to the thread's title etc?

Maybe he should be here then..😎

Thnks for pointing that out though..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 10:17 PM, CuriosOne said:

I was told "directly that posting any videos" was against forum rules, so you validate the unfairness going on..ThnXxx

Here is the link:

 

 

You might observe that the moderator note does not say that you can’t post videos. You claim you were told that directly. You’ve claimed that repeatedly, but have yet to substantiate the claim. Perhaps you could retract it, and cease making it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swansont said:

You might observe that the moderator note does not say that you can’t post videos. You claim you were told that directly. You’ve claimed that repeatedly, but have yet to substantiate the claim. Perhaps you could retract it, and cease making it.

This forum is very subjective and absolute with their rules, the numerolgy post is a good example......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CuriosOne said:

This forum is very subjective and absolute with their rules, the numerolgy post is a good example......

I’m not sure that changing the subject is the best tactic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do scientist "think" they know everything??

Is that a personal opinion! I know scientists would truly admit they don't know everything. take our current world pandemic, the scientists have been battling away trying their best to find a vaccine for the world at large, now if they believed they knew everything then surely last December they would have just put the pan on and boiled up a vaccine and distributed it say January 2020 and we'd all be fine now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Casio said:

I know scientists would truly admit they don't know everything.

No scientist (or any reasonable person) would claim to now everything. They would be out of a job at that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bartholomew Jones said:

Because we let them think they invented the calculator; the first was five fingers on the left, and five fingers on the right.  Who made that one?

Someone who liked base 10 more than base 8.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bartholomew Jones said:

Because we let them think...

How does one “let” some other one think?

The profound arrogance embedded in and oozing out from this statement is staggering.

You cannot even control your own thoughts, Bart. It’s time for you to take a pause from suggesting that you ought to control the content of others thoughts and to instead amplify awareness of your own copious opportunities to minimize the heavy burden of ignorance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people in general at times think they know everything because to them they have a set of rules or ideas that they seem to think the world is governed by. For example if someone who identifies as a scientists thought they knew everything in some way it could be because they firmly believe in things that makes sense to them and is generally accepted by everyone because that is a part of scientific methods. I like to say this a lot but to me it is true, we know nothing other than our own existence. Everything at times can seem so fake yet so real. I think having a set of rules and ideas to live by is what makes people sane and grow in this structured world we created together but can also lead some people to think they "know everything".

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iNow said:

How does one “let” some other one think?

The profound arrogance embedded in and oozing out from this statement is staggering.

You cannot even control your own thoughts, Bart. It’s time for you to take a pause from suggesting that you ought to control the content of others thoughts and to instead amplify awareness of your own copious opportunities to minimize the heavy burden of ignorance. 

It's a figure of speech.  As in, we don't object.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bartholomew Jones said:

It's a figure of speech.  As in, we don't object.

The problem is not in the pronoun. You can use any pronoun you want. Your concept of letting someone think is what's abhorrent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bartholomew Jones said:

Because we let them think (metaphor) they invented the calculator; the first was five fingers on the left, and five fingers on the right.  Who made that one?

 

5 minutes ago, joigus said:

The problem is not in the pronoun. You can use any pronoun you want. Your concept of letting someone think is what's abhorrent.

The figure is not in the pronoun.  The figure is in the predicate, "let them think."  It would read, "because we don't object that they think they invented the calculator when it was on our two hands."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.