Automated Toll System: Charging through Transponders and Handling Faulty Transponders

zak100

Hi,
I have a confusion about transponders in automated Toll Systems. I know that they are useful to avoid huge traffic gathering at the Toll booths. But then we have transponder only lanes. Transponders are detected by sensors. But how these fast vehicles fitted by transponders are charged with Toll fees. I mean once the car is detected in the transponder lane what are the remaining functions till the car leaves through the transponer only exit lane and how they performed?

There are no barriers, so if there is a problem with the transponder, how this problem is detected if the car leaves through the transponder only exit lane.

Some body please guide me.

Zulfi.

Edited by zak100

Normally they would detect the signal of the transponder or RFID and then do a lookup in the database and bill the correct person.

The ones I know of have camera backup taking pictures of license plates. They can then compare plates to those already registered to see if the transponder has failed and then bill appropriately.

Hi thanks, I understand, you mean they would check for registration of transponder with the Toll System. If the number plate's number not in their system then its a viloation otherwise its a malfunction of Transponder.

Thanks.

God blesses you.

6 minutes ago, zak100 said:

Hi thanks, I understand, you mean they would check for registration of transponder with the Toll System. If the number plate's number not in their system then its a viloation otherwise its a malfunction of Transponder.

Thanks.

God blesses you.

Correct and you are welcome.

Hi,

Now I am able to understand the whole system. I want to create two modules: entry and exit with transducer. I have now following tasks: Car  enters the transponder only lane and is detected for this. Now the system has to detect the transponder inside the car and to charge the car for payment or to detct violation.How should I divide these tasks into "entry with transducer" and "exit with transducer modules". Sorry this is Software Engineering part now.

Zulfi.