Reality Paradox

Devi prasad kar

Imagine you are a time traveler and you can do time travel at any place .And imagine you are standing at a point and then start moving towards north and walk 3 steps from the origin point taking one second per point then travel to your 3 sec in your past. You will find your self standing at that origin point .And you will change the direction of yourself (the past one) 60° towards north west direction, and return back to your original present position. You will find another you in the same space time(your present point) in 60° west to you. As you and that image of your self is same from brain and mind he will also do the same thing and create another copy of himself so in this way there will be 5 another copy or image of yourself in the same time. Standing in one circle .But the Problem is now no one can say who was the first one to start this thing. As everyone has another copy before him in 60° degrees telling that I made you . And the second thing is where they came from????. I think It proves that there are parallel universes..... To be continued

47 minutes ago, Devi prasad kar said:

Imagine you are a time traveler and you can do time travel at any place .And imagine you are standing at a point and then start moving towards north and walk 3 steps from the origin point taking one second per point then travel to your 3 sec in your past. You will find your self standing at that origin point .And you will change the direction of yourself (the past one) 60° towards north west direction, and return back to your original present position. You will find another you in the same space time(your present point) in 60° west to you. As you and that image of your self is same from brain and mind he will also do the same thing and create another copy of himself so in this way there will be 5 another copy or image of yourself in the same time. Standing in one circle .But the Problem is now no one can say who was the first one to start this thing. As everyone has another copy before him in 60° degrees telling that I made you . And the second thing is where they came from????. I think It proves that there are parallel universes..... To be continued

In what way is this Modern and Theoretical Physics, not a speculation on your part ?

What Modern and Theoretical Physics is used ?

9 hours ago, studiot said:

In what way is this Modern and Theoretical Physics, not a speculation on your part ?

What Modern and Theoretical Physics is used ?

1)Sir this is just an idea about a paradox and why this is not a speculation ,because I have taken time travel to past which may be impossible in practical but we have taken time travel to past as possible in grand father paradox so why not I can. And second is to influence your past may not be possible in reality but in grandfather paradox we have taken that the person kills his grandfather. It means he can influence his past. So I have taken those things in my paradox also. 

2) Second thing is I had imagined this Paradox when I was 14 years old and now I am just 16 so I have not enough knowledge about modern and theoretical physics to use in it. I have just used the basic idea of grandfather paradox and got this conclusion . So till now I couldn't found any mistake in my theory. 

10 hours ago, MigL said:

You can't prove multiple universes using time travel.
First, you have to prove time travel.

Good luck with that ...

Sir but in grand father paradox it is taken that after time travel to past we will get that conclusion so why I cannot use time travel to past as possible. We cannot deny the possibility of time travel to past... So if that will be possible then my theory might be correct. 

22 hours ago, Devi prasad kar said:

Imagine you are a time traveler and you can do time travel at any place

22 hours ago, Devi prasad kar said:

I think It proves that there are parallel universes.....

Interesting logic.

Imagine I could say abra-cadabra and I could turn a tea cup into a mouse. 

I think that proves magic is real...

Edited by Bufofrog

1 hour ago, Bufofrog said:

Interesting logic.

Imagine I could say abra-cadabra and I could turn a tea cup into a mouse. 

I think that proves magic is real...

Sir then kick out grandfather paradox idea from everywhere as, in that you have taken if the person travels to his past then... it happens. So if you are telling time travel is impossible so why there is such a question assuming time travel to be real .?????

• 6 months later...

Since this is worrying you.

Here is something to think about.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, Devi prasad kar said:

And imagine you are standing at a point and then start moving towards north and walk 3 steps from the origin point taking

Actually, no this is not possible.

It is not possible becasue you have a length (and width and height) in space.

You are not a point.

Try to imagaine what would happen if you were a sausage and you said the sausage moves 3 units North, the two units West.
Where is the sausage now ?

Now ask the same question if you cut a slice from the middle of the sausage and moved it those idatances where is it now ?

This second operation are what most people mean by time-travel, which is not the equivalent of space travel.

Why not ?

Actually Beecee, I would say ( and agree with K Thorne ) they provide a possible mechanism, but there are laws of Physics that could very well prevent the mechanism from working.

And, as the mechanism involves the relativistic motion and return of one end of the wormhole, you could not go back in time to a point before the relativistic journey began.

Edited by MigL

11 minutes ago, MigL said:

Actually Beecee, I would say ( and agree with K Thorne ) they provide a possible mechanism, but there are laws of Physics that could very well prevent the mechanism from working.

12 minutes ago, joigus said:

Nice account, by a top man in the field.

I have read his excellent book, "Black Holes and Time Warps" one of the things that got me interested in this stuff.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Devi prasad kar said:

So till now I couldn't found any mistake in my theory. 

Every Mother believes her new born child to be the most beautiful.

• 4 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 2:06 AM, studiot said:

Since this is worrying you.

Here is something to think about.

Actually, no this is not possible.

It is not possible becasue you have a length (and width and height) in space.

You are not a point.

Try to imagaine what would happen if you were a sausage and you said the sausage moves 3 units North, the two units West.
Where is the sausage now ?

Now ask the same question if you cut a slice from the middle of the sausage and moved it those idatances where is it now ?

This second operation are what most people mean by time-travel, which is not the equivalent of space travel.

Why not ?

Sir I Haven't Thought So deep Yet because I Have just Imagined it Simply that What if a Time traveller Starts moving in any direction and After a certain number of steps it Travels back in time To its Original Position and then Changes it's Direction Towards another direction. And the idea goes on...

On 11/8/2020 at 3:14 AM, joigus said:

There are plenty of posts in these forums about time travel and the problems it poses:

https://www.scienceforums.net/search/?&q="time travel"&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Why don't you take a good look at them?

You talk about time travel as if it were a familiar thing. How come? Are you coming from the future?

Sir I think Time travel Paradox means we are taking about the Consequences Occuring after someone Doing certain Things Going Back in Time. So Why would I Really need to Prove Time travel to imagine The consequences after it. As we have done in other paradoxes. Eg- Grandfather Paradox, Bootstrap paradox, Predestination paradox etc. Here we don't need to Proof Time travel only we are Imagining what may happen after it. So I think I still don't have anything Bad in my paradox. Cause it's simple Logic. 

Sometimes the 'paradoxes' inherent in a model help determine its areas of applicability.

GR allows for time travel, albeit using other theoretical constructs such as 'wormholes'.
GR also allows for singularities, points of infinite density, which are obviously non-sensical, so we say that GR is not applicable in the realm of very small separations, and very high energies.
By the same token, the grandfather paradox breaks causality, things happen before they are caused, which is also non-sensical.
Therefore, although GR allows for time travel, any predictions are questionable, as the paradox shows GR is not applicable in that situation.

Your question then boils down to "If I imagine something is possible, can I imagine something else is also possible ?"
And there is no science in that question.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:07 PM, Devi prasad kar said:

Sir I Haven't Thought So deep Yet because I Have just Imagined it Simply that What if a Time traveller Starts moving in any direction and After a certain number of steps it Travels back in time To its Original Position and then Changes it's Direction Towards another direction. And the idea goes on...

Perhaps but I am asking you to think about continuity and the consequences of what you mean by time travel ?

The popular version of time travel, which you ae putting forward seems to imagine a sequence of individual, separate sausages lying along some part of the time line.

So if you 'moved' the sausage at say t = 10 to another point on the timeline, you would generate a gap in time where that sausage originally was.

This of course is quite different from what we experience when the sausage is laid along a space axis and you 'move the sausage'.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, beecee said:

😁 Well said!

On the OP though, time travel is allowed for by GR and the laws of physics.

The following link explains.......https://plus.maths.org/content/time-travel-allowed

That's a tad strong

"Backward time travel is another matter; we do not know whether it is allowed by the laws of physics"

and 

"We physicists have been working hard since the late 1980s to understand whether the laws of physics allow backward time travel. We do not have a definitive answer yet"

(he also equates negative mass, anti-gravitation exotic matter with the Casimir force without anything pointing to where this connection has been definitively made)