How Trump Could Steal The Election

Alex_Krycek

2 hours ago, joigus said:

I hope you're right. And your prediction seems very likely to come true. But another very worrying matter at issue should be the damage that the incumbent is doing by deciding not to brief the President elect on matters which are extremely important in a situation of national emergency.

That should be a massive problem but... how much do you miss if Trump doesn't tell you what he thinks about a scientific/ economic problem?

On 11/12/2020 at 12:30 AM, J.C.MacSwell said:

On a more serious note, anyone else been impressed by how Biden has handled himself as President elect so far?

Yes, but I'm beginning to think he should be a bit less "statesman" and a bit more

"He lied about the wall, he lied about the swamp, he lied about mexico, he lied about the virus and... guess what... he lied about election fraud too".

I think the Dems need to push back a lot harder. Maybe counter-sue Trump for defaming poll counters.

2 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

That should be a massive problem but... how much do you miss if Trump doesn't tell you what he thinks about a scientific/ economic problem?

Right. He's an elephant-in-the-living-room kind of president we've never seen before. Literally and metaphorically.

1 hour ago, geordief said:

We have a term for those in the UK who have problems with their national identity when their days of empire and influence has run its course.

We call them "Little Englanders" .They throw their toys out of the pram if they cannot stop the changes in their own terms.

I am seeing something similar in the US.If they can't keep things in the same privileged framework they have ,as a country had it so far then damn the lot of us . They are damn well going to put their heads under the blanket.

Little Americaners.

There was a time when the issue of who's the master of puppets was only of concern to those directly affected. Now it is a global issue.

The situation has no historical precedent. Empires have come and gone, but now what's a stake is both management of the whole planet and a model of hierarchy and societal organization that's not just for restricted import-export, while keeping the balance of masters and underdogs; it's the way the world is going to be defined by, politically, economically, in terms of population dynamics...

Never the stakes have been so high. And I can't deny that I'm worried.

Paraphrasing @Alex_Krycek --if I remember correctly--, this is not empire business as usual. Communication bridges between similarly-minded people around the world will become essential. The concept of a nation in the usual sense is doomed. And we should be glad that it is. I hope it's for the best.

That's what I think, anyway.

19 minutes ago, joigus said:

The situation has no historical precedent.

22 minutes ago, joigus said:

Never the stakes have been so high. And I can't deny that I'm worried.

Easter island comes to mind. Global is just a bigger island...

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

I think the Dems need to push back a lot harder. Maybe counter-sue Trump for defaming poll counters.

Then they will be part of the problem...

49 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Then they will be part of the problem...

Hate isn't really the problem.

As Alex pointed out, this is

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/12/trump-election-concede-republicans-democrats

They are cooly and calmly plotting how to get round the vote which they know they lost.

And if the Dems let them, they might just manage it.
Reminding the population that Trump never tells the truth is a reasonable policy.

48 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Easter island comes to mind.

Easter Island is a microcosm of what could happen here. But still, back then you could make do with a catamaran before the last tree fell and start afresh. I don't see any chance of anything like that happening any time soon. What you see is what you get.

3 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Yes, but I'm beginning to think he should be a bit less "statesman" and a bit more

"He lied about the wall, he lied about the swamp, he lied about mexico, he lied about the virus and... guess what... he lied about election fraud too".

Actually his refraining from rolling in the Trump mud and at least seeming to focus on working toward governing for everyone is what has impressed me.

Pretty uncrowded territory for the last 4 years...hopefully he can maintain it.

8 hours ago, joigus said:

another very worrying matter at issue should be the damage that the incumbent is doing by deciding not to brief the President elect on matters which are extremely important in a situation of national emergency.

Republican senators are finally starting to push back on this. I expect it will begin soon, maybe even before the weekend is out. 

5 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

how much do you miss if Trump doesn't tell you what he thinks about a scientific/ economic problem?

Not much, but it’s the public servants who’ve made this their life mission and who have been in government for decades who are organizing and sharing the information... not Trump or his closest sycophants... erm... advisors. 

5 hours ago, joigus said:

Right. He's an elephant-in-the-living-room kind of president we've never seen before. Literally and metaphorically.

And how do you get a dying elephant into a coffin? Very slowly and carefully. 

6 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

It’s not info from Trump, it’s from the intelligence (and other) professionals. The briefings that Trump ignores unless they’re hidden in a piece of cheese.

20 hours ago, iNow said:

Not much, but it’s the public servants who’ve made this their life mission and who have been in government for decades who are organizing and sharing the information

When they finally shoehorn Trump out of the WH, those faithful public servants will carry on actually running the place until Biden catches up.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:32 PM, iNow said:

And how do you get a dying elephant into a coffin? Very slowly and carefully. 

But his is a denial on steroids. What if he doesn't realize he's dead? He would be the first political zombie in history. I picture him giving orders from his twitter account and letting Giuliani loose on passing 'trolls.'

36 minutes ago, joigus said:

What if he doesn't realize he's dead?

Regardless of his state of mind or acknowledgment of reality, his corpse will still be scooped up and deposited somewhere which is not the White House on or before January 20th 

Two breaking stories right now. 

Trump fired his top cyber security expert after that expert debunked claims of election fraud. 

Also, two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers in Michigan just voted against certifying their county’s results. This led to them being deadlocked in a 2-2 vote which would effectively block Detroit’s votes from being certified. Detroit is a majority minority community who overwhelmingly leans democratic 

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Also, two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers in Michigan just voted against certifying their county’s results.

doesn't that mean that county's results ( or possibly all of Michigan's, eventually ) are tossed out ?
Certainly not that the results 'switch' to the loser ?

A bipartisan panel in Michigan's largest county unanimously certified its presidential results on Tuesday night, a stunning reversal hours after Republicans had temporarily blocked certification based on dubious claims of voting irregularities in Detroit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/17/politics/michigan-detroit-election-results/index.html

That's probably the least of our problems, INow.
The Loser is now considering options to strike Iran.
This after he's announced plans for troop withdrwals from the Middle East and Afghanistan.

The Loser seems a little confused.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:57 PM, zapatos said:

And now after a call from Trump and an invitation to the WH, those election officials have filed an affidavit to rescind their votes in favor of certifying the election. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/politics/gop-michigan-results-trump/index.html

President Donald Trump has invited Republican state lawmakers from Michigan to the White House on Friday, according to a person familiar with the matter, as the President and his legal team are mounting an effort to overturn the results of the election he lost to President-elect Joe Biden.

Trump also called two Republican canvass board members from Wayne County, to Tuesday to offer his support, the person said, after they went back and forth on voting to certify the election results from the state's largest county, which includes Detroit. The board members filed affidavits Wednesday seeking to "rescind" their votes to certify the election result.