How Trump Could Steal The Election

Alex_Krycek

Oh, John, Fox News is pro-republican (or anti-democrats). They would support any republican's candidate no matter what he or she would represent by himself/herself (which they actually did four years ago, by not "slapping" misogynist molester of women). They are not pro-Trump-at-any-cost, they are pro-republican-candidate-at-any-cost. At least until they have a chance to win the election. So the next step will be to "slap" at J.Biden (or his relatives) or Harris, to prepare ground for a new republican's candidate in 2024.

Edited by Sensei

26 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Oh, John, Fox News is pro-republican (or anti-democrats). They would support any republican's candidate no matter what he or she would represent by himself/herself (which they actually did four years ago, by not "slapping" misogynist molester of women). They are not pro-Trump-at-any-cost, they are pro-republican-candidate-at-any-cost. At least until they have a chance to win the election. So the next step will be to "slap" at J.Biden (or his relatives) or Harris, to prepare ground for a new republican's candidate in 2024.

At-any-cost is a little strong, but that's a very valid point.

2 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Fox has cheerfully broadcast lies before- their own, and other people's.
It's unlikely that they suddenly developed morals.

And yet those most deeply embedded and living 100% of the time in Trumpistan are going around social media all week calling Fox News a bunch of liberal turncoats because they're not mindlessly supporting or parroting the Trump narrative. It's a bit disgusting to watch, really.

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

So the next step will be to "slap" at J.Biden (or his relatives) or Harris, to prepare ground for a new republican's candidate in 2024.

This is a good point, and they also have a vested monetary interest in what happens next. Their ratings will go up when Biden is in office and they have a foil / someone in the opposition to attack all of the time.

US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo further undermined trust in our democracy today when claiming that there’d be “a smooth transition to a second Trump administration.

I’m SO tired of these corrupt Jack offs still being in power. 

Edited by iNow

From a friend:

“Within the last 48 hours the president has fired Mark Esper (for refusing to use American active duty forces suppress protests in Washington D.C.) and replaced him with someone he thinks will be more compliant with his requests to use the military against American people.  

He has also installed the previously Senate rejected Tony Tata as the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for policy. Tata has made terrible anti Islamic statements, retweeteed QAnon nonsense, and is an unabashed Trump syncophant.  

Yesterday, the head of the DOJ's elections crimes division resigned in response to a memo from William Bar giving US Attorneys carte blanche to investigate - on their own initiative- allegations of voter fraud ... essentially turning the DOJ into an investigative arm of the Trump campaign.  

This afternoon, the Secretary of State said that President Trump would not step down and the only transition we would see was into a second Trump term. He went on to insinuate that the president's baseless allegations of fraud are enough to justify state legislatures appointing a slate of electors that break with the popular vote.  

This is really bad.”

I agree. I’m no longer able to give the benefit of the doubt or discard my well informed intuitions as hysterical. 

3 hours ago, iNow said:

From a friend:

“Within the last 48 hours the president has fired Mark Esper (for refusing to use American active duty forces suppress protests in Washington D.C.) and replaced him with someone he thinks will be more compliant with his requests to use the military against American people.  

He has also installed the previously Senate rejected Tony Tata as the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for policy. Tata has made terrible anti Islamic statements, retweeteed QAnon nonsense, and is an unabashed Trump syncophant.  

Yesterday, the head of the DOJ's elections crimes division resigned in response to a memo from William Bar giving US Attorneys carte blanche to investigate - on their own initiative- allegations of voter fraud ... essentially turning the DOJ into an investigative arm of the Trump campaign.  

This afternoon, the Secretary of State said that President Trump would not step down and the only transition we would see was into a second Trump term. He went on to insinuate that the president's baseless allegations of fraud are enough to justify state legislatures appointing a slate of electors that break with the popular vote.  

This is really bad.”

I agree. I’m no longer able to give the benefit of the doubt or discard my well informed intuitions as hysterical. 

This is coup territory - replacing the heads of the FBI, Pentagon, CIA, and DOD policy with complete sycophants (more so than usual).  Anthony Tata, Trump's latest appointment at the Pentagon, called Obama a "terrorist leader".  These are hardliners to the extreme - they will follow Trump's orders, no questions asked. 

Everyone thinks Trump won't forcibly take over.  What rational reason would there be that he won't?  Considering his completely unhinged track record so far, it is entirely reasonable that he will try this.  These people live in an alternate reality, after all.  

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/11/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-transition/index.html

Edited by Alex_Krycek

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Trump's actions seem consistent with that of a person in fear of his future once his presidential  immunity lapses.

I think it's consistent with a narcissist who fears for his mirror... 😵

He was born wealthy and has been bankrupt several times; he's always been immune to the future/consequences.

Edited by dimreepr

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/11/downright-dangerous-democrat-alarm-as-trump-stacks-pentagon-with-loyalists

Somewhat reassuring...

"Democrats immediately demanded explanations for the eleventh-hour personnel changes and warned that the US was entering dangerous “uncharted territory” with the reshuffling of key national security roles during a presidential transition.

However defence experts argued there was little the new Trump appointees could do to use their positions to the president’s advantage, given the firm refusal of the uniformed armed services to get involved in domestic politics."

11 minutes ago, Alex_Krycek said:

However defence experts argued there was little the new Trump appointees could do to use their positions to the president’s advantage, given the firm refusal of the uniformed armed services to get involved in domestic politics."

Trump appointees have their own uniform (camo and a gun(some where it under their suites)) and a firm refusal to give up on their King.

Edited by dimreepr

6 hours ago, Alex_Krycek said:

Anthony Tata, Trump's latest appointment at the Pentagon, called Obama a "terrorist leader".  These are hardliners to the extreme - they will follow Trump's orders, no questions asked

He also supports putting US troops on the streets to control US citizens, be damned posse comitatus

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

Trump's actions seem consistent with that of a person in fear of his future once his presidential  immunity lapses.

Also in fear that his approx $1B in debt to unnamed sources is coming due and he can’t simply declare bankruptcy as a way out of it

51 minutes ago, iNow said:

He also supports putting US troops on the streets to control US citizens, be damned posse comitatus

Also in fear that his approx $1B in debt to unnamed sources is coming due and he can’t simply declare bankruptcy as a way out of it

Yes, I was thinking of the pending  legal matters and debt. It strikes me as a serious folly to go for such a public position when one knows that one has such  a complicated and dubious past record.

6 hours ago, StringJunky said:

It strikes me as a serious folly to go for such a public position when one knows that one has such  a complicated and dubious past record.

Reporting suggests it was just another publicity stunt to help launch his own television network farther to the right than Fox News. He never expected to win or even go ice farther than the primary. We all apparently underestimated the stupidity and gullibility of the American voters. 

53 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Where is the well regulated militia when you need it?

6jvhossp42c51.jpg

33 minutes ago, iNow said:

Reporting suggests it was just another publicity stunt to help launch his own television network farther to the right than Fox News. He never expected to win or even go ice farther than the primary. We all apparently underestimated the stupidity and gullibility of the American voters. 

6jvhossp42c51.jpg

But will they stand by while the next administration insists on total defunding of every law enforcement agency in America? 😜

6 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

On a more serious note, anyone else been impressed by how Biden has handled himself as President elect so far?

Yeah, he's been kicking butt. Definitely what the country needs and the world wants to see right now.

6 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

On a more serious note, anyone else been impressed by how Biden has handled himself as President elect so far?

I find myself wonderfully perplexed at how Biden can deliver a speech and not repeat the same word 5 to 6 times in a single sentence.

Truly a skilled orator.  

Edited by Alex_Krycek

My feelings on this topic are volatile and made harder by the way covid is moving though my community, but my take after a few days goes something like this:

Trump knows he’s lost. He’s dragging things out as an act of theater for those who love him... like he’s fighting for them until the very end. Those supporters will reward him and continue giving money to “stop the steal” and this rage which he so expertly stokes will help them drive turnout in the Georgia runoffs in January.

Keeping the embers of that rage hot also allows these individuals who dismiss all facts as fake news to be controlled by Trump and his allies for whatever other purposes they may wind up deeming helpful or fruitful to them later. 

As a possible side benefit, this obvious erosion of trust in the Democratic process itself that Trump keeps amplifying may inspire Russian oligarchs to thank him later by helping payoff or forgive his existing debts to them... he’s likely to gain lots of new friends offering him money in exchange for state secrets and insider information about US methods and sources, too.

Republicans mostly know he’s leaving as well, but see no political benefit to themselves for pushing him out of the chair or speaking out... so they are silent and spineless. They can’t risk being considered anti-Trump by the base so waffle on about the right of candidates to challenge issues in the voting process and keep prattling about this all being normal... which it’s really not. 

Unless they’re already retired or about to retire from politics, they can’t afford to anger the base they’ve been enraging for over a decade if they hope to have any chance at a political career in the future of what is now Trumps Republican Party.

... but Trump will leave and he will likely start a new “news” network farther to the right of even Fox... propaganda undiluted and constrained will be piped into the fertile minds of willing and thirsty audiences. After all, his supporters are already lumping in Fox News with the rest of mainstream media and calling them a bunch of traitorous turncoats for simple things like calling the state or Arizona for Biden.

They’re heeding the call of extreme right personalities and fleeing platforms Twitter and Facebook instead for far right “hate and bullshit are a-okay here!!” platforms like Parlor, and the information bubble is just getting thicker and more immune from piercing. 

Trump wants a larger share of the control of that walled off information ecosystem and more influence on this hardening bubble, and by refusing to acknowledge his loss to Biden he helps to further enable that. It helps keep him in the headlines, keeps people questioning news that doesn’t agree with their preferences, keeps them angry and donating money and showing up to vote, but it’s all just for show... catnip for the media... much like his recent leadership changes around national defense and justice. He knew it would deflect news attention away from him being a loser.  

I need to tighten up these thoughts a bit, but believe the outline above is pretty close to accurate. 

Edited by iNow

7 hours ago, iNow said:

My feelings on this topic are volatile and made harder by the way covid is moving though my community, but my take after a few days goes something like this:

Trump knows he’s lost. He’s dragging things out as an act of theater for those who love him... like he’s fighting for them until the very end. Those supporters will reward him and continue giving money to “stop the steal” and this rage which he so expertly stokes will help them drive turnout in the Georgia runoffs in January.

[...]

I hope you're right. And your prediction seems very likely to come true. But another very worrying matter at issue should be the damage that the incumbent is doing by deciding not to brief the President elect on matters which are extremely important in a situation of national emergency. It seems to me that smooth transfer of power is not just a question about healthy institutions, important though it is. If national security weren't enough, there is an ongoing pandemic and it seems to be beyond his concern.

I'd like to hear your --and everybody's-- thoughts about that.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:30 AM, J.C.MacSwell said:

I have. I've just watched his reaction to Trump's tantrum and he was nothing if not reassuring.

1 hour ago, joigus said:

I hope you're right. And your prediction seems very likely to come true. But another very worrying matter at issue should be the damage that the incumbent is doing by deciding not to brief the President elect on matters which are extremely important in a situation of national emergency. It seems to me that smooth transfer of power is not just a question about healthy institutions, important though it is. If national security weren't enough, there is an ongoing pandemic and it seems to be beyond his concern.

We have a term for those in the UK who have problems with their national identity when their days of empire and influence has run its course.

We call them "Little Englanders" .They throw their toys out of the pram if they cannot stop the changes in their own terms.

I am seeing something similar in the US.If they can't keep things in the same privileged framework they have ,as a country had it so far then damn the lot of us . They are damn well going to put their heads under the blanket.

Little Americaners.