how does covid-19 affect your works?

ahmet

hi,

today it is detected that  my brother has been catched by covid-19. 

my some arrangements (normal works) has been cancelled as of today. (although I have no symptom,we have been accepted as "potential patients" (I am a teacher here))

result: 14 days quarantine. 

what about you?

Edited by ahmet

23 minutes ago, ahmet said:

hi,

today it is detected that  my brother has been catched by covid-19. 

my some arrangements (normal works) has been cancelled as of today. (although I have no symptom,we have been accepted as "potential patients" (I am a teacher here))

result: 14 days quarantine. 

what about you?

Sorry to hear that.

Take you quarantine very seriously.

I lost a younger cousin to covid in the early months.

Thank you very much @studiotand @joigus

To be honest,I do not fear for myself,because I feel myself strong. But I am very anxious for my mother ,because she is elderly and I know that she will have been the one I have loved (her) the most.

all in all, I shall take quarantine seriously as studiot advises.

42 minutes ago, joigus said:

In my case, the workload has gone up and up. All this feels very strange.

, to me it is pleasure to work at my home. 

therefore I shall try to create good works during the following 14 days. 

Edited by ahmet

So far I have been very lucky.
Nobody close to me has been taken seriously ill- the few I know who caught the virus have made full recoveries.
I have a desk- based job which I can do from home. My employer provided a new monitor and chair for me. They would have bought a desk and computer if I had needed them.

Working from home saves me from a long commute.

I am getting a bit bored  and miss going for a drink with my friends, but I realise I'm doing very well.

I feel vaguely guilty about how fortunate I am.

My new employer makes communication cables for BT, Orange etc.., so they haven't shut down once, in fact they've won loads of new contracts because of this.

We've had 12 positive test results in the last fortnight. I'm a smoker who lives with someone with cancer, so I'm pretty worried right now to be honest. 

Listening to my co-workers during breaks fills me with horror sometimes (conspiracys) it seems inevitable that someone from our team will catch it.

Due to my smoking I think my chances of surviving it will be low. So yeah, a little worried right now. 

4 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

I am getting a bit bored  and miss going for a drink with my friends, but I realise I'm doing very well.

I feel vaguely guilty about how fortunate I am.

I find this very relatable, though being inseparable from two young kids for 10 long months and having a preexisting condition of my own adds additional layers to the experience. 

1 hour ago, Curious layman said:

Due to my smoking I think my chances of surviving it will be low. So yeah, a little worried right now. 

Focus that worry into finally quitting. When you want a smoke, do 10-20 push-ups instead. Sip a tall glass of water very very slooowwww-ly. Eat some carrots. Just distract yourself for about 10 minutes until the craving naturally passes.

Then when the next craving comes, do some more pushups and be proactive... have a plan to do something else for those times like at bars or after lunch at work where you always had a cigarette out of habit... next time go for a walk or wash your hands or something... anything... else. 

Edited by iNow

• 2 weeks later...