Which of the following is NOT a true Lewis structure?

DARK0717

5 minutes ago, DARK0717 said:

man, I answered D, it was wrong, it couldve been a perfect score, i was really hoping the reply was the answer

You learn more from your mistakes than from your successes !

:)

Edited by studiot

1 minute ago, studiot said:

You learn more from your mistakes than from your successes !

well, u can tell that to schools who only grade students by their grades in numbers and not the things they learn from mistakes... sigh

9 minutes ago, DARK0717 said:

well, u can tell that to schools who only grade students by their grades in numbers and not the things they learn from mistakes... sigh

That is why I prefer exams to continuous assessment.

The route is not as important as the destination so the learning process should not be marked so long as you get there in the end.

By the way did you understand what I said, and now know which is not Lewis and why?

2 minutes ago, studiot said:

That is why I prefer exams to continuous assessment.

The route is not as important as the destination so the learning process should not be marked so long as you get there in the end.

By the way did you understand what I said, and now know which is not Lewis and why?

I actually did not, it's 1 am and this home school program is torture, I just cant think anymore
The answer was A, I think its because the oxygen had more than 2 bonds
I havent mentioned that this quiz is rigged, there are times that two choices are exactly the same (and are correct) but picking the other is marked as wrong

Edited by DARK0717

3 minutes ago, joigus said:

You see? Studiot was right. You're learning from your mistakes.

"I did learn from my mistake, I completely know thats the outcome to every mistake, tho to what end? a lower grade, a non perfect score..."

Edited by DARK0717

Yup a is correct.

Lewis structures have atoms with set valencies and sometimes also dot pairs for lone pairs.
Oxygen should be two-valent and the lone pairs also 2.

The chlorine in d has 3 lone pairs and is one-valent.

The lines represent covalent bonds with single electrons.

1 minute ago, studiot said:

Yup a is correct.

Lewis structures have atoms with set valencies and sometimes also dot pairs for lone pairs.
Oxygen should be two-valent and the lone pairs also 2.

The chlorine in d has 3 lone pairs and is one-valent.

The lines represent covalent bonds with single electrons.

Honestly, the only thing that helped me somewhat get it is google by searching the number of bonds of oxygen, but when u said chlorine, I started doubting my knowledge... Hopefully when I ask another homework help, id get the answer already as I always tend to ask after as to why it is the answer... I like to know the reason behind why things are, tho a little frustrated already... Aight thanks all for the help, id better sleep now

On 11/1/2020 at 5:59 PM, DARK0717 said:

"I did learn from my mistake, I completely know thats the outcome to every mistake, tho to what end? a lower grade, a non perfect score..."

If you don't know the right answer, you should not be awarded by higher/perfect grade anyway.

Grade should correspond to level of knowledge you have.

16 hours ago, Sensei said:

If you don't know the right answer, you should not be awarded by higher/perfect grade anyway.

Grade should correspond to level of knowledge you have.

Heretic

D Trumpalike

My grades are good grades.
Better than anyone else's.
They are the best.
The best money can buy.

Edited by studiot

• 4 weeks later...