I'm looking for a Program That Analyzes Waves, any suggestions please?

CuriosOne

I heard Solidworks may be a good program as it offers digital simulations.

What im interested in is:

Vibrational Analysis, decoding waves "cryptography" and being able to separate waves that are all bunched up or entangled.

Before I invest a lot of money, I wanted to ask first...

ThnX in advance..

10 minutes ago, iNow said:

Like an oscilloscope?

Definitely "no" more like a 3d program that uses Fourrier Series or Taylor Series that "brakes" up waves "bunched up signals or 2 simple signals.

Similar to those like "interference patterns"...Something that deals with "vibrations" between "say"  2 machines vibrating on a table affecting "say" a cup on the surface of the table,

and you want to know which machine has the greater influence on the cup..

These are just examples..

But a program like this would be ideal..

Edited by CuriosOne

10 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

I heard Solidworks may be a good program as it offers digital simulations.

What im interested in is:

Vibrational Analysis, decoding waves "cryptography" and being able to separate waves that are all bunched up or entangled.

Before I invest a lot of money, I wanted to ask first...

ThnX in advance..

How would you provide inputs to this program ?

The last time I did this was a vibration analysis of an aero engine and propellor system.

Here I digitally recorded the noise generated by the system in a suitable file format for input to a digital spectrum analyser (not an oscilloscope as iNow suggests) and ran it through the spectrum analyser to produce a digital output file both displayable on a computer screen and printable.

But you would need to understand the advanced mathematics to make any use of such a system.

Tip -  a bit of searching will find some freeware spectrum analyser programs you can play with before spending any money.

Edited by studiot

I'm looking for a Program That Analyzes Waves, any suggestions please?

Waves of what?

For experiments with light, the simplest tools are:

- diffraction grating ($14 on eBay)

- prism ($10-15 on eBay)

- single-slit and double-slit ($12 on Amazon)

- polarization filters ($13 on Amazon) (make sure there are two!)

- lasers (you should get red, green and blue at least)

The all these toys will cost you ~$100, and you will be able to make experiments with light at home..

12 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

and being able to separate waves that are all bunched up or entangled.

You need prism. Get it on eBay or Amazon. Cheap stuff.

Edited by Sensei

Sensei,

Did you really read this

20 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Something that deals with "vibrations" between "say"  2 machines vibrating on a table affecting "say" a cup on the surface of the table,

and you want to know which machine has the greater influence on the cup..

and think that this

8 hours ago, Sensei said:

diffraction grating ($14 on eBay)

- prism ($10-15 on eBay)

- single-slit and double-slit ($12 on Amazon)

- polarization filters ($13 on Amazon) (make sure there are two!)

- lasers (you should get red, green and blue at least)

The all these toys will cost you ~$100, and you will be able to make experiments with light at home..

was going to help?

13 hours ago, studiot said:

How would you provide inputs to this program ?

The last time I did this was a vibration analysis of an aero engine and propellor system.

Here I digitally recorded the noise generated by the system in a suitable file format for input to a digital spectrum analyser (not an oscilloscope as iNow suggests) and ran it through the spectrum analyser to produce a digital output file both displayable on a computer screen and printable.

But you would need to understand the advanced mathematics to make any use of such a system.

Tip -  a bit of searching will find some freeware spectrum analyser programs you can play with before spending any money.

Totally ""not sure"" about how I would add inputs to the program..

Infact the waves I create are "soundless."

I "can" plot points in my graphing calculator and create a list to put points "which does help." But it's not sufficient.

I create simple vibrations in my 3d program with a sphere and "trace" or "draw by hand"  its motion in the y and x positions and play around with the "cooridinent's numbers" and apply these to calculus and triginometry....Its very intresting stuff....This is why I'm asking all the questions...

My program would need to "allow" imports or drawings of waves, then do what it does with them...I hope I can find one..

I "may" be quite advanced in math in terms of "integration" for some reason i resonate with it..I'm intermediate in all known math and science levels...But I'm still learning "what" it is..

Edited by CuriosOne