Theory of everything

Curious layman

17 hours ago, mathematic said:

What has Robert Stephenson got to do with it??

Is this question to me?

who mentioned Robert Stephenson?

There just my signatures, People I'm interested in. Nothing to do with the question.

Edited by Curious layman

On 10/22/2020 at 10:25 AM, Curious layman said:

Thanks, I read something on Quora which gave the impression it would allow huge technological advances. Thought I'd check here to see if it were true. 

I guess that could be possible in some areas...we don't know exactly what the TOE is yet.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:33 PM, Curious layman said:

What will it enable us to do? 

Would the effects on humanity be dramatic?

If we some day get to know everything about how the universe works, and how matter can be manipulated, which is the logical consequence of a TOE, we will be able to evolve our technologies to the maximum. That means that everything that is possible can be done. That will have an enormous impact on human life.
But since we are not there yet, we don't know yet, what is possible with maximum technology, but I imagine it is a lot.

Just my two cents.

4 minutes ago, QuantumT said:

That means that everything that is possible can be done.

That might be a bit of an overstatement. There are limits to human intelligence and ingenuity, not to mention things we are physically incapable of achieving. 

4 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Sure, you're an optimist.

I'll also point out that you are probably wrong.

Far greater men, than what I could ever be, have also been deemed wrong, and have achieved what was considered impossible, to previous generations.

I'm not saying we will be able to manipulate high energy and exotic particles in a lab, but what can't be done controlled, might have a work-around outside.

Limiting ourselves never helped anything.

23 hours ago, zapatos said:

I wasn't assuming "men".

What status quo are you talking about?

That suggests to me you had no idea in mind of whom would figure such a thing out. Female nature exists and acts to preserve the social, and hence Society.

Edited by Culture Citizen