Can Anything Be Relative to Empty Space?

CuriosOne

1 hour ago, studiot said:

So you are claiming that all those relativity calculations about spaceships travelling through 'empty space' are incorrect ?

Think again more carefully.

Isn't that way off topic ?

planets locate themselves in space right?

Is that the way to think about it?

6 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

Random numbers, Fluid Motion, Air Molecules, all within a limit of possible outcomes, IE ""volume"" or---> space..

Do You Now Understand The OP??

Oh, now I get it ...

Kitchen sinks, haircuts, Range Rovers and walnuts, IE "volume"--> space
Garbage in --> garbage out.

In the years I've been a member never have I wanted to start dishing out down-votes more than now.

4 minutes ago, MigL said:

Oh, now I get it ...

Kitchen sinks, haircuts, Range Rovers and walnuts, IE "volume"--> space
Garbage in --> garbage out.

In the years I've been a member never have I wanted to start dishing out down-votes more than now.

So what is random then?

A premiscouse constant such as pi?

Edited by CuriosOne

23 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Can Anything Be Relative to Empty Space?

And if we could do this, how would this change our technology?

19 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

It was a polite way of asking "when a particle acts as a wave" does it exist in our phyiscal reality or another reality?

No, your second question has absolutely nothing to do with your first, either "polite" or rude. It makes me wonder whether YOU exist in another reality.

Edited by zapatos

54 minutes ago, MigL said:

When applying length contraction, we use relative speed between the 'moving' object and the one doing the measuring ( of speed and length, from a 'rest' frame ).
If there is no other object in the universe, what do you measure speed relative to ???

Why don't you and CuriousOne just PM each other this nonsense, instead of polluting the forum with misinformation ?

Rest frame meaning not moving?

Or accelerating or orbiting another body in space? 

23 minutes ago, zapatos said:

No, your second statement has absolutely nothing to do with your first, either "polite" or rude. It makes me wonder whether YOU exist in another reality.

QM already figured that one out eons ago....I just ask questions about the legitimacy of it all, my duty is to make people ""think.""

After all, the Whole Of Science Is Based On Ideas....Some work for some, others don't...So what is space???? I heard it was volume, or pressure...Does this help you understand my OP?

3 hours ago, zapatos said:

No, the universe is not accelerating randomly.

How do we know this??? 

I think I deserve an answer..

What devices does our small planet with our limited understanding of the atom use to come to such conclusions on something so emmense, profound and complicated?

Does This Include The Areas Of Dark Energy??

Edited by CuriosOne

25 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

How do we know this??? 

I think I deserve an answer..

What devices does our small planet with our limited understanding of the atom use to come to such conclusions on something so emmense, profound and complicated?

Does This Include The Areas Of Dark Energy??

Because Science.

(Note: There seems to be a problem with your keyboard. The "?" key appears to be be sticking.)

31 minutes ago, CuriosOne said:

QM already figured that one out eons ago....I just ask questions about the legitimacy of it all, my duty is to make people ""think.""

After all, the Whole Of Science Is Based On Ideas....Some work for some, others don't...So what is space???? I heard it was volume, or pressure...Does this help you understand my OP?

Stop already! You are just spewing a mixed salad of random thoughts and concepts you read somewhere. Think through what you are trying to say and write a cogent post.

41 minutes ago, MigL said:

If you don't know, maybe you shouldn't be using the word ...

Nothing of macroscopic size is truly random, especially not the larger universe.
They are all causal.
( yes even lottery numbers )

I've known this from statistics, but really prefer the word random, casual makes things sound as though everything effects everything else, it makes nature sound "selective" and practical  or common and predictive..

Causal Relationships Between Variables

A causal relationship is when one variable causes a change in another variable. These types of relationships are investigated by experimental research in order to determine if changes in one variable actually result in changes in another variable.

12 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Because Science.

(Note: There seems to be a problem with your keyboard. The "?" key appears to be be sticking.)

Stop already! You are just spewing a mixed salad of random thoughts and concepts you read somewhere. Think through what you are trying to say and write a cogent post.

And what is science???

By the way, I'm using my cell phone key pad so the "?" key is on the flat screen, and the only thing sticking is my question of which no one seems to be able to answer..Or kind of did already..

Oh, and your getting off topic..lol!

Edited by CuriosOne

1 hour ago, CuriosOne said:

my duty is to make people ""think.""

!

Moderator Note

Your duty HERE is to make yourself understood, and you're failing. If you don't understand something, ask a question about it (something short, without ALL THE GARBAGE you think is necessary for some reason). Please focus on a single concept at a time, and stop tossing in everything that pops into your head. Your signal to noise ratio is unacceptable.

28 minutes ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Your duty HERE is to make yourself understood, and you're failing. If you don't understand something, ask a question about it (something short, without ALL THE GARBAGE you think is necessary for some reason). Please focus on a single concept at a time, and stop tossing in everything that pops into your head. Your signal to noise ratio is unacceptable.

I've been getting rude and sarcastic remarks since my 1st posting...I think u know this, since you appear to know my posts.

Calling someone's post garbage, trash and etc is "very rude" especially from people whom claim to be educated and especially when posts are public..

When members follows the rules of this forum, of which have been broken just now again, I think your suggestion may be applicable to others whom think out of the box and have similar issues with indirect insults, and the "standard" language of math, whatever that is at this point.

9 hours ago, MigL said:

It's kind of like you don't realize there is no paradox, and further, it has nothing to do with length contraction in inertial frames.

No, YOU haven't.
Your attitude and 'far removed from science' ideas have.
None of us like talking to a brick wall; take other's comments under consideration, instead of jumping topics all over the place.

I do agree with you on my "Far From Science Ideas." Some ideas work for some, others work for others...

Edited by CuriosOne

23 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

I've been getting rude and sarcastic remarks since my 1st posting...I think u know this, since you appear to know my posts.

Calling someone's post garbage, trash and etc is "very rude" especially from people whom claim to be educated and especially when posts are public..

!

Moderator Note

Personal attacks are not permitted. Attacking what is posted is fair game

5 hours ago, CuriosOne said:

Some ideas work for some, others work for others...

Not really.
Science works the same for everyone.
We deal with facts and observations, which are objective; not opinion, which is subjective.

@CuriosOne, while the word 'garbage' wasn't the nicest choice possible, it was directed to your posts, not to you. And I agree that your posts were a bunch of undigested ideas, very difficult to make sense of.

Then you missed the most important comment:

On 10/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, Phi for All said:

Your signal to noise ratio is unacceptable.

And after that "rude" comment, your next topic improved considerably, focusing on one particular theme and without bringing up just about anything that crossed your mind.

Be positive, and try to get better, clearer. That's good advice.

You will get better and better answers. Good answers to a bad question are impossible.

12 hours ago, joigus said:

@CuriosOne, while the word 'garbage' wasn't the nicest choice possible, it was directed to your posts, not to you. And I agree that your posts were a bunch of undigested ideas, very difficult to make sense of.

Then you missed the most important comment:

And after that "rude" comment, your next topic improved considerably, focusing on one particular theme and without bringing up just about anything that crossed your mind.

Be positive, and try to get better, clearer. That's good advice.

You will get better and better answers. Good answers to a bad question are impossible.

I agree...