Heating liquor to enhance the scent?

ScienceNostalgia101

Disclaimer: If I ever try this, I will try it only on a teaspoon at a time, and ensure adequate time to be as certain as possible I am not getting severely intoxicated off the vapour. I do not recommend vaping alcohol in a general sense; this is more about the scent than the extent of drunkenness.

There are some interesting smells from some alcoholic beverages, but leaning in the scent is only so strong. I've heard the boiling point of pure ethanol is 78.37 degrees centigrade... probably boiling point elevated when it's part of a solution, but still I presume from Clausius-Clapeyron that its vapour pressure increases more rapidly than that of water when heated. I'm curious whether increasing its temperature; such as, let's say, from a spoonful of liquor floating in hot water; would, as per Clausius-Clapeyron, increase the extent of the scent, but I'm also a little concerned about whether any of the other chemicals present than just the water and the ethanol could theoretically also be increased to harmful concentrations, with less pleasant effects. Does it depend on the liquor involved? Would doing this with, let's say, rum, work differently than doing this with whisky?