Room temperature superconductor found...

koti

@koti BTW, I have advice for you Koti, and for other members for the future.. When you're quoting something found on the Internet, don't thoughtlessly copy'n'paste it, but remove any tracking code which allows uniquely identify who you are.. e.g. strip URL to the absolute minimum e.g. without query string and fragment string. Sometimes tracking code is inside of path (and translated by rewrite_engine, but it is minority, at the moment).

I can tell when somebody read my e-mails sent to customers with precision to second, and how many times they opened e-mail prior replying with the all details what they used to read it etc etc..

Link

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/physics-first-room-temperature-superconductor-discovery

Works as good as yours...

Edited by Sensei

12 hours ago, Area54 said:

Before posting my thread on this news I checked to see if anyone else had already done so. They hadn't. Until now. Just saying.

Dang, sory about that. I checked in the science news section too but apparently not well enough. 

12 hours ago, Sensei said:

@koti BTW, I have advice for you Koti...

Why am I not surprised. 

12 hours ago, Sensei said:

...I have advice for you Koti, and for other members for the future..When you're quoting something found on the Internet, don't thoughtlessly copy'n'paste it, but remove any tracking code which allows uniquely identify who you are.. 

Yes very good remark.

A very interesting development, but it raised a question in my mind.  As you all know, superconductivity was originally achieved by cooling to a very low temperature.  Now it has been achieved by applying a very, very high pressure.  It occurs to me that these two approaches have a common element-- they both involve moving the atoms closer together than they normally would be at room temperature and one atmosphere pressure.  I have no knowledge as to whether distance between atoms is a factor in producing superconductivity-- but I wonder about it.  If atomic distances are a factor, this achievement may not bring us closer to practical room-temperature conductivity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.