technology idea - the vapor engine

ALine

Systems Presentation: The Vapor Engine

Today I would like to present to you all a concept for an technology called the "vapor engine." 

All criticism is gladly welcomed and encouraged.

Outline

First I will begin by providing a non-formal design for the concept, 

Next I will go into explanation for how the system works,

Next I will end by presenting potential issues that I see with the given system and why it would most likely not work from a personal perspective.

Finally I will discuss potential applications for this system

I then leave it to the forum posters to critique and analyze the system as a whole.

Thank you for your time

Part 1- The design

image.thumb.png.4620263b41e467a587838d088e0f4101.png

(Figure 1)

(apologies for the poor design quality, I will attempt to make up for it in the description)

part 2 - The Systems Description

The vapor engine is a system in which follows the following process. 

Fluid is deposited into the upper portions of the system, It then flows through a turbine fan and then the fluid becomes deposited into a resting chamber. After which a centralized heating element or an environmental heating source is used to vaporize the fluid. Next the fluid travels up to the highest point of the container until it reaches the systems ceiling. Finally a cooling element is then used to convert the vapor back into a fluid state in which runs the turbine.

The systems energy to power the turbine, I believe, would come from both the heat of the environment along with the weight of the fluid.

part 3 - Potential Issues with the System

1) Enough water would need to be obtained form the vapor -> fluid conversion in order to run the turbine, because of this very little, if any, power would come from this system.

2) if placed in a heated environment the cooling would be a problem to condense the fluid from a vapor to a fluid

(*There are potentially thousands upon thousands of more issues, however have not spent much time thinking about this system so I have not discovered them yet)

part 4) Potential Applications

1) an interesting demonstration of a scientific principle in a container

I want to finally thank everyone for taking the time to read through this idea, 

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

(Figure 1: personally developed image)

This reminds me a bit like a fractional distillation experiment I did it my shed a while back.

The first thing that I had to resolve was ensuring sufficient insulation around the heat source and condenser.