Creating universes

Breakdown 3456

I am so sorry to bother everyone here I'd just like some answers on this question about the proposed growing a universe in a lab. I'd just like to state that I am not a troll account, though some of you may think that.

I admit that I am suffering from depression. It's been bad for a week, but when I get bad I tend to drift onto the bigger things in the world like why are we are, where are we going etc.

A recent anxiety I have had is about the concept of eternal return which states that the universe plays over and over again for all eternity. That thought terrified me as I was abused as a young boy and almost killed at a young age. I would never want to go through that period of abuse again. I never believed in eternal return, but then I read this.
It states that they will be able to grow a universe in a lab. I'm terrified now that this is how our universe was created. We built it and then sent it backwards in time. Now the reason this scares me is because what if the people who built it, built it in a way where it repeats? Maybe they did so, so that they could live forever, not caring about the rest of us.

What makes it even worse though is that what if the first universe isn't the one we relive. They'd not want to recreate the first as then they'd go back and interfere with the big bang, so they'd make it live out whatever the second one was forever. What if in the second one, I'm killed while being abused.

This though has tormented me for days on end. I don't want to suffer like this for all eternity. I'm aware that this is probably just my anxiety talking, but can anyone disprove this? I'd like an answer to the following questions

Would reversing the arrow of time bring someone back to life? I'm not sure how it works, but I've read about reversing the arrow of time. If you were to do that to a person, would they spring back to life?

Could we create a universe in a lab or is that just pop science bullshit?

Any other theories for how the universe was created?

Answers to these questions might ease my mind. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ghideon said:

A reason might be that the opening post can be interpreted as a request for medical advice. Please check the forum rules.

Well I am trying to get an appointment arranged for some therapy soon. I was feeling at my absolute worst earlier today and wanted some reassurance that this was all nonsense. 

I am sorry to bother people here but can anyone debunk this silly argument I made. I am really not well right now. I am arranging to go and see a therapist and talk about my abusive childhood, but right now the thought of living that horrible excuse for a life over and over again is driving me mad. I'm honestly about to snap. 

A couple of things I'd like to know for sure.

If the universe were to restart and matter where to be arranged in exactly the same way again, would our consciousness be exactly the same as before or would it be a mock up?

Is time travel possible.

Again I am so sorry to disrupt the forum with this. I just feel really, really terrible. Today has been my worst day so far.

2 hours ago, Breakdown 3456 said:

If the universe were to restart and matter where to be arranged in exactly the same way again, would our consciousness be exactly the same as before or would it be a mock up?

There's no possible way to know. You're waving a magic wand, and making assumptions about an event you don't describe fully. How could we know if our consciousness is "exactly" the same as a previous iteration? Is there some baseline where we can compare one with the other? No, so it's not something we can explain meaningfully.

Is time travel possible.

We travel through time at a rate of 1 second per second. We can travel faster and experience time more slowly using relativity, but I think you mean traveling to a point in the past or future, and that's not possible.

Again I am so sorry to disrupt the forum with this. I just feel really, really terrible. Today has been my worst day so far.

And we're sorry for your troubles, but since you mentioned therapy, we can't discuss your situation. We have a hard rule about dispensing medical advice. Good job seeking professional help, that's your best solution and you're smart to reach out and make that appointment. Maybe here, we can stick to discussing the science?

16 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

There's no possible way to know. You're waving a magic wand, and making assumptions about an event you don't describe fully. How could we know if our consciousness is "exactly" the same as a previous iteration? Is there some baseline where we can compare one with the other? No, so it's not something we can explain meaningfully.

We travel through time at a rate of 1 second per second. We can travel faster and experience time more slowly using relativity, but I think you mean traveling to a point in the past or future, and that's not possible.

And we're sorry for your troubles, but since you mentioned therapy, we can't discuss your situation. We have a hard rule about dispensing medical advice. Good job seeking professional help, that's your best solution and you're smart to reach out and make that appointment. Maybe here, we can stick to discussing the science?

Thanks I am currently on Fluoxetine. I've been on it for roughly two weeks and today I've felt worse than ever before. I've heard it can make your anxiety worse before it makes it better.

What I meant by consciousness was this. Consciousness comes from the brain right? There is no soul or whatever, so when you die, your brain is broken down into energy, and eventually at the end of the universe, suppose there is a big crunch and another big bang and another universe with the same history after, if the energy reformed into your brain would it be the same consciousness or not? That's what I am scared of as that would mean I have to live the same life again and be made to suffer that horrible life again. 

1 hour ago, Breakdown 3456 said:

That's what I am scared of as that would mean I have to live the same life again and be made to suffer that horrible life again. 

There's a way to calculate the odds of having ALL the chemicals and forces react the exact same way in a second BB after a BC, I'm sure. I'm equally sure the probability is so vanishingly small that ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE would happen first. No need to be scared about this.

39 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

There's a way to calculate the odds of having ALL the chemicals and forces react the exact same way in a second BB after a BC, I'm sure. I'm equally sure the probability is so vanishingly small that ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE would happen first. No need to be scared about this.

But even if they could rearrange it exactly as it was, it still wouldn't be the same person would it.

https://www.vesselproject.io/god-in-the-loop

I only worry because I read this article that seemed to say that it would be possible for certain life forms to rearrange the entire universe as it was. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it. My fear is that the universe was created by advanced beings in the future who travelled backwards in time and built the universe (explaining why there is something rather than nothing.) These aliens however wanting to live forever designed the universe to repeat itself every single time, meaning I'd have to live out my horrible childhood. 

Worse than that, in order to make sure that they didn't go back in the other events, they'd make things go differently, which means next time I might not escape the abuse. I'm so sorry to drag this into it, but I'm clearly not well to dream up all of this. I guess I just want a Richard Dawkins type to tell me it's nonsense like God. 

1 minute ago, Breakdown 3456 said:

Also my other ideas are not right either? 

They're unnecessary. The model we currently use charts the evolution of the universe from an extremely hot, extremely dense state through expansion to what we observe today. This model is consistent with so many other observations and predictions we've made that it holds tremendous explanatory power. There is no need to make up future alien designers or gods to explain anything or fill the gaps in our knowledge. 

22 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

They're unnecessary. The model we currently use charts the evolution of the universe from an extremely hot, extremely dense state through expansion to what we observe today. This model is consistent with so many other observations and predictions we've made that it holds tremendous explanatory power. There is no need to make up future alien designers or gods to explain anything or fill the gaps in our knowledge. 

Thanks I just thought that maybe it was needed to explain why there is something at all. I have joined a depression forum to talk about some other issues I have. 

1 minute ago, Breakdown 3456 said:

Thanks I just thought that maybe it was needed to explain why there is something at all.

All the matter in the universe was once in an extremely hot, dense state, and now there's enough space between that the matter (and the universe overall) has cooled. It's not likely there was ever "nothing" as opposed to something. 

6 hours ago, Breakdown 3456 said:

Thanks I am currently on Fluoxetine. I've been on it for roughly two weeks and today I've felt worse than ever before. I've heard it can make your anxiety worse before it makes it better.

Been on it, on and off, for years. Give it another two weeks you should be more even in your mental state. It does throw you around at the start.

Sorry last question I'd really like an answer to this. If the universe where to restart again, and follow a similar history, including our own lives, would we be alive again, or would they just be copies. IE after we die, the matter that makes us is broken down into energy, so if that energy somehow reformed into matter similar to us, would it actually be us, or just a mock up. I can't bare the thought of living through my earlier life again. It kept me up last night. I haven't slept in hours.