There should be a Real-Time Broadcasting / Streaming of Our Solar System

tylers100

I can imagine tuning to a channel on tv or youtube live streaming our solar system.

There could be multiple satellites working in tandem with each other and each is spread over or positioned at a specific location, presumably around the solar system. That could enable us to switch a specific camera to another.. to get a different view of the solar system, just like in a hockey game.

In a hockey game, a couple of cameras are positioned at certain location around the hockey rink. The broadcasting camera changes to another one as depend on a live game.

So the satellites could act similar to the broadcasting cameras in the hockey, but with our solar system.

It would be extremely boring.
You do realize the scale of the solar system, and the time lapse to show any appreciable change on a very minute scale ?
( it will take about a week for Mars to move 1/100 of its orbit. never mind the outer planets )

5 minutes ago, MigL said:

It would be extremely boring.

Just what I thought. I've been playing around with several planetarium programs, but the only way to make them interesting is by magnifying every planet and moon (Jupiter not so much as Mercury), and then accelerate the simulation many times. 

Not too far from where I live, there is a 'planetary walk' (Planetenweg, Emmen, Switzerland).

This is the map:

image.png.9767aaeeace9f8482230ee4edda203d3.png

So nearly 6 kilometre.

And here are the earth ('Erde') and the moon ('Mond')...

planetenweg_emmen_2_erde_mond.jpg

I hope we defended our boredom to convince tylers100 that it is no use.

"Yes, the Sun - in fact, our whole solar system - orbits around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. We are moving at an average velocity of 828,000 km/hr. But even at that high rate, it still takes us about 230 million years to make one complete orbit around the Milky Way!"

From: https://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question18.html

Anything could happen in the orbital journey around the milky way.

Cameras on each planet. Education and observations of planets. These planets would surely undergo a change (eg. weather, auras, etc). Forming a big picture of our solar system.

Aura example on Saturn:

"Saturn was 810 million miles (1.3 billion kilometers) away when the Hubble Space Telescope took this ultraviolet image of the planet, revealing a vivid auroral display rising thousands of miles above the cloud tops over both of the planet's poles."

From: https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1083.html

If it is no use, then why these links posted above exist?