Stricken With Covid-19

Randyjohnson

President Trump has been stricken with Covid-19. I prayed for him and I mailed him a get well card. Certain people hate Trump but he does not deserve to have Covid-19. Nobody does.

Trump haters should remember something. Donald Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. That money has helped a lot of good people during this terrifying pandemic. Trump isn't well and he needs our prayers. 

1Dtrump.jpg

50 minutes ago, Randyjohnson said:

Trump but he does not deserve to have Covid-19.

Perhaps not. Probably, as you say nobody deserves Covid-19. Unfortunately viruses don't have a moral compass. And, if anyone does deserve to be afflicted by the virus then it is anyone who flagrantly dismisses how serious it is, fails to follow the simple guidelines for minimising risk, promotes "cures" that place lives at risk and mocks those who do take precautions. I hope Trump makes a full recovery, but I will continue to resent and condemn the selfish, ignorant approach he has taken to this calamity.

Also on the political side, the President does not pass bills, that is the job of congress and senate i.e. in the current configuration it would be a bipartisan measure. The President now has decided not to have any more talks on the stimulus package and his party is following suit. So I am not really certain what the post is about. Trump is not the only one infected, but he is the single biggest reason that so many Americans are.

In fact a study identified Trump as one of the biggest sources of COVID-19 misinformation.

1 hour ago, Randyjohnson said:

Trump haters should remember

Perhaps using this kind of negative generalization as a basis for starting a complex discussion is unwise. It's possible to dislike how someone behaves without wishing them ill-health.

Some people use their emotions to judge people, and others use observation and context. Assuming I don't approve of something this POTUS does because I don't LIKE him is ridiculous. I can judge him by his attitudes towards public ownership, and his actions I disagree with (doling out public lands to friends, inhumane immigration policies, a general dislike of expert knowledge, his attitude towards women, et cetera, ad nauseum). 

Also, Randyjohnson, I'm fine with wishing the president a swift recovery from his illness, as well as hoping he rots in hell for all the pussy-grabbing he's done, all the citizens he's killed with his inaction, and all the shame he's brought upon the country.

What's unbelievable to me is a person of prayer like you thinking so highly of such a moral stain of a man. Are you a pussy-grabber too?

Well also the justification is a bit odd to use something praiseworthy about Trump for which he actually is not really responsible for. After all House Democrats have passed larger stimulus bills, which have been shot down by the Republican senate. I mean, as a something he is responsible for, you could say that folks are ungrateful despite the fact that he was separating children from their parents in order to intimidate refugees not to ask for asylum. Or overtaxing law enforcement to the point that they could not do their job only so that they could persecute non-criminal undocumented immigrants. 

It does not have quite the same ring to it, but at least it would be honest.

3 hours ago, Randyjohnson said:

Trump haters should remember something. Donald Trump gave us $1,200 stimulus payments, plus $500 per child. 

You should learn how the US government works. Congress is a co-equal branch, for one thing.

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

as well as hoping he rots in hell for all the pussy-grabbing he's done, all the citizens he's killed with his inaction, and all the shame he's brought upon the country

Don't you mean rots in the dirt ( or a mausoleum ), Phi ?
I thought you didn't believe in God, Heaven or Hell.
Or, is it true strong emotions bring out the Religiousness in people :D .

I was confused by the statement about the stimulus package also.
I didn't think any money had made its way out to people yet, because of 'playing politics'.
( although I seem to have heard some corporations and D Trump's rich buddies have gotten some )

16 minutes ago, MigL said:

Don't you mean rots in the dirt ( or a mausoleum ), Phi ?
I thought you didn't believe in God, Heaven or Hell.
Or, is it true strong emotions bring out the Religiousness in people :D .

I was talking to Randyjohnson, who is obviously religious. Quando a Roma, parli inglese, amico mio?

I have VERY religious neighbors down the street who support the current POTUS. Half their ten kids are female, so I'm always curious why folks like this are OK with him admitting he abuses women. He didn't even have to promise never to do it again, he just deflected it as locker room talk. Hallelujah! 

On a moral level, I don't wish anyone poor health. That's beneath us as thinking humans. Trump was only part of what happened with the stimulus, and where he could have truly used his executive branch clout, he fumbled badly. He's getting the best of care, while millions went without even PPE because of his direct inaction.

4 hours ago, Randyjohnson said:

Trump isn't well and he needs our prayers. 

Jesus, can you please do something about this sick, sick president we have? His head is congested with all kinds of foul filth, his viral messaging is diseased, and the evil he breathes out is going to be the death of all of us. Good lord, we need help!

7 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Trump was only part of what happened with the stimulus, and where he could have truly used his executive branch clout, he fumbled badly. He's getting the best of care, while millions went without even PPE because of his direct inaction.

What does make me angry is that he is now using his infection to further downplay the situation and it is almost certain that more folks will get sick as a result. Of course folks do not realize that they do not have access to the level of care Trump has been getting. 

2 hours ago, MigL said:

I was confused by the statement about the stimulus package also.
I didn't think any money had made its way out to people yet, because of 'playing politics'.

A single one-time payment of $1200 went to all Americans making less than $75K per year way back 6 months ago in April.

They also boosted unemployment checks to those who qualified by $600 per week. That expired more than 2-months ago on July 31. 

There were also funds for hospitals and forgiveness on loans for small businesses on the condition they didn’t layoff any workers. There was bailout funding for the hospitality and retail industries and also airlines, but that all went away last week on September 30 (that’s when it was announced that nearly 40,000 airline employees were being furloughed and laid off). 

It was recognized long ago the initial package helped, but was not enough and couldn’t keep up with the need. To that end, a second stimulus bill was passed by the Democratic House of Representatives in May, but the Republican controlled Senate couldn't get their act together or arrive at an agreement. They never even brought it up for a vote. 

Last week, the Democratic House passed another version, this one scaled down by over a trillion dollars to appeal to more Republicans in the Senate. The GOP Senate still couldn’t get their act together, don’t have the votes to pass it, and so cancelled their session entirely and went home without passing it (tho magically can use zoom to vote on a hypocritical SCOTUS nominee).

Then yesterday, recognizing it wouldn’t pass, Trump came out and said he was pulling support entirely until after the election... a bit like learning your girlfriend is about to break up with you and choosing instead to break up with her first so you don’t look like a loser. 

Meanwhile, millions of kids are struggling to find food, adults are unable to pay rent, and tens of thousands of businesses are failing and going under and closing their doors permanently. 

And all those people losing their jobs are also losing their healthcare coverage... deep in the thick of a global pandemic... so can’t even see a doctor or get tested if they get sick unless they’re wealthy enough to pay for it out of pocket. 

USA! USA! USA!! 🇺🇸 

Edited by iNow

15 minutes ago, iNow said:

A single one-time payment of $1200 went to all Americans making less than $75K per year way back 6 months ago in April.

They also boosted unemployment checks to those who qualified by $600 per week. That expired more than 2-months ago on July 31. 

There were also funds for hospitals and forgiveness on loans for small businesses on the condition they didn’t layoff any workers. There was bailout funding for the hospitality and retail industries and also airlines, but that all went away last week on September 30 (that’s when it was announced that nearly 40,000 airline employees were being furloughed and laid off). 

It was recognized long ago the initial package helped, but was not enough and couldn’t keep up with the need. To that end, a second stimulus bill was passed by the Democratic House of Representatives in May, but the Republican controlled Senate couldn't get their act together or arrive at an agreement. They never even brought it up for a vote. 

Last week, the Democratic House passed another version, this one scaled down by over a trillion dollars to appeal to more Republicans in the Senate. The GOP Senate still couldn’t get their act together, don’t have the votes to pass it, and so cancelled their session entirely and went home without passing it (tho magically can use zoom to vote on a hypocritical SCOTUS nominee).

Then yesterday, recognizing it wouldn’t pass, Trump came out and said he was pulling support entirely until after the election... a bit like learning your girlfriend is about to break up with you and choosing instead to break up with her first so you don’t look like a loser. 

Meanwhile, millions of kids are struggling to find food, adults are unable to pay rent, and tens of thousands of businesses are failing and going under and closing their doors permanently. 

And all those people losing their jobs are also losing their healthcare coverage... deep in the thick of a global pandemic... so can’t even see a doctor or get tested if they get sick unless they’re wealthy enough to pay for it out of pocket. 

USA! USA! USA!! 🇺🇸 

On the plus side, Johann Sebastian Bach wrote some great music. (It's my way of saying 'we'll always have Paris'.)

The President didn't "give" anyone squat. It was taxpayer dollars approved by congress to be given back to taxpayers for the purpose of economic stimulus.

Trying to infer that it was somehow a generous gift from the coffers of Santa Trump that we should be grateful for is just... well kind of on brand.

Oh and the fact he's holding up further economic stimulus until "he gets re-elected"? Yeah screw that. It's our money. Stimulus is a provision to keep businesses afloat and people in their jobs though economic crises. Holding it hostage is despicable. 

Does anyone else feel like they're stuck in a really dark rendition of the Emperor's New Clothes?   

Edited by Arete

The OP has zero posts except this one. This is the very first topic they introduced. If not a bot, is at least an uninterested and uninteresting muck raker. 

We can all still have an engaging discussion, just wanted to highlight the obvious. 

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Jesus, can you please do something about this sick, sick president we have? His head is congested with all kinds of foul filth, his viral messaging is diseased, and the evil he breathes out is going to be the death of all of us. Good lord, we need help!

...."Then a voice came from Heaven and said: go to the elections next month and vote properly, and your prayers will be heard, my beloved children".....

8 minutes ago, Sensei said:

...."Then a voice came from Heaven and said: go to the elections next month and vote properly, and your prayers will be heard, my beloved children".....

Then the devil pointed to the Electoral College and just laughed and laughed and laughed

Is it only the MAGA branded herd who believe that if god's glorious plan doesn't suit you, it's okay to ask him to change it, or is that just a christian thing in general? How can anyone know if big 'g' wanted santa trump (thanks Arete) to be infected? 

Electoral College or not, INow, if enough voters actually get up off their asses, take an interest in the future of their country, and get out their vote, I don't think even a stacked Supreme Court will side with D Trump.
No more of this 50% of voters stay home.
All 170 million eligible voters need to make their voice and opinion heard, and vote !

56 minutes ago, MigL said:

No more of this 50% of voters stay home.
All 170 million eligible voters need to make their voice and opinion heard, and vote !

Agreed, and the US is on pace to have the highest voter turnout in its entire history. 

We’ll see what happens next as a result. 

This election isn’t a referendum on Trump. It’s a referendum on us as a people.