Misinformed Hijack (from Are we facing a new pandemic next winter from covid mutations?)

The Atom

3 hours ago, The Atom said:

puny RNA virus

Just like Ebola, Polio, HIV, Influenza, Rabies, Dengue virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, Zika virus, Marburg virus, Japanese Encephalitis, Congo hemorrhagic fever, Herpesvirus, Hepatitis, Rift Valley fever, Colorado tick fever, Ross river fever and of course SARS and MERS. 

All puny RNA viruses not worth worrying about. 

Edited by Arete

On 8/19/2020 at 1:07 AM, The Atom said:

Why are medical scientists ignoring those bacteria that might do something against

I think the death rate from Clostridium tetani is higher than that from covid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

On 8/19/2020 at 11:41 PM, Charles 3781 said:

The virus will kill off the weak unlucky people. The strong lucky people will survive.

FTFY

On 8/23/2020 at 2:51 AM, The Atom said:

I am loaded with a variety of anaerobic bacteria!

Well, human cells are aerobic so... are you dead or are the anaerobes dead?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 7:50 AM, John Cuthber said:

I think the death rate from Clostridium tetani is higher than that from covid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

FTFY

Well, human cells are aerobic so... are you dead or are the anaerobes dead?

Well, I am not sure. I feel half dead because most of my muscles are stiff and I have a collection of pus between my skin and first layer of muscle everywhere. Tetanus has one of the most powerful exo-toxins. It binds to receptors like Corona binds to receptors. If it finds that it cannot bind, it lyses any cell that it cannot bind to! That means it can destroy a cell with Corona! 

On 9/20/2020 at 9:27 PM, CharonY said:

I have to wonder, what benefit do you get from perpetrating falsehoods? Why do folks do waste their time making up stuff on social media? At best no one is listening, at worse, people believe it and do something that increases their risk. What is the possible scenario in which the person disseminating these falsehood is not the bad guy?

A disease outbreak involves everyone who does not happen to live alone on a deserted island. And thinking otherwise is the main reason why we are unable to quickly contain them. It is the reason why we have close to one million confirmed deaths from this one disease alone.

Do remember that the medical scientists, Logistics Medical Personnel of the military, and other medical professionals have not been interested in preparing for NBC warfare. So, when I write that an outbreak such as the current one is unnecessarily involving people who do not want to be involved, it means that it does not have to be a community effort. Maybe now, and for the future, the military and other medical scientists will do the necessary NBC warfare work to be prepared for any attack or accidental attack. Here is something I mean about being prepared. Do a search for freezer Dutch scientist corona and the article should show as one of the results: In 1998, when Dutch scientist Berend Bosch decided to make the study of coronaviruses his life’s work, the level of attention they drew among medical researchers was such that the doctorate. program he joined was in a veterinary science department. Coronaviruses that could cause severe infections were circulating among animals, but the types people could contract rarely caused anything worse than the common cold. “For human health, it was not that important,” said Bosch.

This started to change as he finished his doctorate at Utrecht University. In 2002 and 2003, SRAS, a disease caused by a coronavirus that had jumped from bats to humans, caused widespread panic and killed approximately eight hundred people. Bosch began to work on potential therapies for this. For a few months, he and his colleagues felt the eyes of the scientific world on them – he was invited to speak about the pathogen at several conferences – but, once the epidemic was under control, interest waned. Life in the laboratory was at low pressure; on weekends, he liked to rent a boat and go sailing.

In 2012, however, there was a new wave of attention when MERS, another disease caused by coronavirus, has killed nearly nine hundred people, mostly in the Arabian Peninsula. theMERS The epidemic was an important lesson for Bosch and other scientists: coronaviruses capable of jumping species were not something unique in a century, as some had assumed. Already, they had turned out to be a thing twice in ten years. Bosch, now at the faculty of Utrecht, has sought to identify antibodies that have shown promise in the fight against the disease. Antibodies are Y-shaped proteins that certain white blood cells make in response to a foreign substance, an antigen, and are a critical part of how our bodies fight infection. They mobilize against viruses by binding to a part of the viral particle, or virion. Certain antibodies act as return beacons, invoking attacks by other components of the body’s immune system. Others directly neutralize the virus, preventing it from invading cells.

All coronaviruses are wrapped in protein andMERS, SRASand a common cold-like coronavirus share parts of these proteins. A largely reactive antibody, Bosch thought, could “perhaps help us against the next pandemic.” He started with mice that had been genetically engineered to respond to antigens with human-like antibodies, and gave the mice a protein that appears on human-infecting coronaviruses. A few weeks later, his team extracted the antibody-producing cells from the mice and isolated the antibodies that bind to the virus. From this collection of antibodies, Bosch and his colleagues identified fifty-one SRAS, and several who were “largely reactive” against several coronaviruses. “They were of no immediate use,” he said, but “I don’t like to throw things out.” The Bosch team was playing the long game: they put their samples in the freezer and waited.

Edited by The Atom
To add some important text information

1 hour ago, The Atom said:

Well, I am not sure. I feel half dead because most of my muscles are stiff and I have a collection of pus between my skin and first layer of muscle everywhere. Tetanus has one of the most powerful exo-toxins. It binds to receptors like Corona binds to receptors. If it finds that it cannot bind, it lyses any cell that it cannot bind to! That means it can destroy a cell with Corona! 

Do remember that the medical scientists, Logistics Medical Personnel of the military, and other medical professionals have not been interested in preparing for NBC warfare. So, when I write that an outbreak such as the current one is unnecessarily involving people who do not want to be involved, it means that it does not have to be a community effort. Maybe now, and for the future, the military and other medical scientists will do the necessary NBC warfare work to be prepared for any attack or accidental attack. Here is something I mean about being prepared. Do a search for freezer Dutch scientist corona and the article should show as one of the results: In 1998, when Dutch scientist Berend Bosch decided to make the study of coronaviruses his life’s work, the level of attention they drew among medical researchers was such that the doctorate. program he joined was in a veterinary science department. Coronaviruses that could cause severe infections were circulating among animals, but the types people could contract rarely caused anything worse than the common cold. “For human health, it was not that important,” said Bosch.

This started to change as he finished his doctorate at Utrecht University. In 2002 and 2003, SRAS, a disease caused by a coronavirus that had jumped from bats to humans, caused widespread panic and killed approximately eight hundred people. Bosch began to work on potential therapies for this. For a few months, he and his colleagues felt the eyes of the scientific world on them – he was invited to speak about the pathogen at several conferences – but, once the epidemic was under control, interest waned. Life in the laboratory was at low pressure; on weekends, he liked to rent a boat and go sailing.

In 2012, however, there was a new wave of attention when MERS, another disease caused by coronavirus, has killed nearly nine hundred people, mostly in the Arabian Peninsula. theMERS The epidemic was an important lesson for Bosch and other scientists: coronaviruses capable of jumping species were not something unique in a century, as some had assumed. Already, they had turned out to be a thing twice in ten years. Bosch, now at the faculty of Utrecht, has sought to identify antibodies that have shown promise in the fight against the disease. Antibodies are Y-shaped proteins that certain white blood cells make in response to a foreign substance, an antigen, and are a critical part of how our bodies fight infection. They mobilize against viruses by binding to a part of the viral particle, or virion. Certain antibodies act as return beacons, invoking attacks by other components of the body’s immune system. Others directly neutralize the virus, preventing it from invading cells.

All coronaviruses are wrapped in protein andMERS, SRASand a common cold-like coronavirus share parts of these proteins. A largely reactive antibody, Bosch thought, could “perhaps help us against the next pandemic.” He started with mice that had been genetically engineered to respond to antigens with human-like antibodies, and gave the mice a protein that appears on human-infecting coronaviruses. A few weeks later, his team extracted the antibody-producing cells from the mice and isolated the antibodies that bind to the virus. From this collection of antibodies, Bosch and his colleagues identified fifty-one SRAS, and several who were “largely reactive” against several coronaviruses. “They were of no immediate use,” he said, but “I don’t like to throw things out.” The Bosch team was playing the long game: they put their samples in the freezer and waited.

You need to make it clear which words are yours and which are lifted from the New Yorker article. Otherwise you will be suspected of plagiarism.

Also, you might wish to make clear in what way - if any - the article supports your view. (It wouldn't do any harm to clarify what your view is too; to this reader it comes across as gibberish.)

4 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

I am sorry to hear that you are dead.

How are you typing?

I am Half-Dead, but I can type with an over-riding force, of course! Sometimes, my fingers get spasms for about five seconds. My abdomen gets the most painful muscle spasms. My legs also get painful spasms and stiffening. 

5 hours ago, Area54 said:

You need to make it clear which words are yours and which are lifted from the New Yorker article. Otherwise you will be suspected of plagiarism.

Also, you might wish to make clear in what way - if any - the article supports your view. (It wouldn't do any harm to clarify what your view is too; to this reader it comes across as gibberish.)

I put some of the article text information because I did not know how to share the link. It is available for free, so it is not plagiarism copyright. I am trying to show its good news message about how one or more medical research scientists did their work or job instead of waiting until the last amount of time before it is due. It is easy to see how the article supports my view. 

On 9/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, Arete said:

Just like Ebola, Polio, HIV, Influenza, Rabies, Dengue virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, Zika virus, Marburg virus, Japanese Encephalitis, Congo hemorrhagic fever, Herpesvirus, Hepatitis, Rift Valley fever, Colorado tick fever, Ross river fever and of course SARS and MERS. 

All puny RNA viruses not worth worrying about. 

Compared to Enterococcus faecalis and Clostridium tetani, which are the most powerful bacteria, those are all puny RNA viruses.

37 minutes ago, The Atom said:

so it is not plagiarism copyright.

That is not the issue nor the definition of plagiarism. And no, I do not think anyone managed to figure out what you tried to say by sharing the content. Also,  since you are able to copy and paste text, I am wondering why you cannot apply the same method to a link. There is also a handy "quote" button that you are using and which you can use to copy and paste text from elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, The Atom said:

Compared to Enterococcus faecalis and Clostridium tetani, which are the most powerful bacteria, those are all puny RNA viruses.

This does not make any sense whatsoever. You mean your goal is to die of tetanus before RNA viruses get you?

7 hours ago, The Atom said:

Err, E. faecalis is a commensal member of a healthy gut microbiome, tetanus has a vaccine can be treated with antibiotics. I would argue that the vast majority of the RNA viruses I listed are harder to treat and more virulent. 

But my point was that virulence and nucleic acid packaging are not correlated in any sensible way. Saying a pathogen is "puny" because it happens to be an RNA virus rather than a DNA virus, prokaryote, parasite, etc is nonsensical.  

I really don't think that anyone who can be described thus

20 hours ago, The Atom said:

I have a collection of pus between my skin and first layer of muscle everywhere.

is going to live long enough to type, though I'd be happy to hear from any actual medics.

The idea that RNA viruses are "puny" is also not supportable.

13 hours ago, The Atom said:

Compared to Enterococcus faecalis and Clostridium tetani, which are the most powerful bacteria

I am immune to one of them and unconcerned about the other.
How are you defining "powerful"?

17 hours ago, The Atom said:

I put some of the article text information because I did not know how to share the link. It is available for free, so it is not plagiarism copyright.

It is irrelevant that the information is free. Failing to make clear that the words are not your own is both an infringment of copyright and an example of plagiarism. Your good intent does not cancel out these points.

3 hours ago, Area54 said:

It is irrelevant that the information is free. Failing to make clear that the words are not your own is both an infringment of copyright and an example of plagiarism. Your good intent does not cancel out these points.

I did not know I am supposed to make it clear that the words are not my own. I did mention here is what I mean, which is a clue to something I am citing. The fact that it is available for free does matter. That means it is not copyright. 

8 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

I really don't think that anyone who can be described thus

is going to live long enough to type, though I'd be happy to hear from any actual medics.

The idea that RNA viruses are "puny" is also not supportable.

I am immune to one of them and unconcerned about the other.
How are you defining "powerful"?

Powerful in the sense that both Tetanus and Enterococcus faecalis have their own maintenance mechanisms! Viruses do not have that, especially an RNA one. As for me typing, you should know that you are overlooking the fact that each individual person is different and so too does a virus or bacterium affect each person differently. Me and my hands and arms can get numb once in a while and spasm if I move too fast. The worst affectation is me needing to use a long stick like the size of a back-scratcher to wipe with when I defecate dough because I cant reach! Also, the worst affectation or effect is me not being able to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt because of the chemical burning sensation with my sweat that I get in my under-arm indentations and in my groin area indentations! I have been living with my stable symptoms and condition since 1995! So, my bacterial infection is already adapted to my body. I think the burning sensation is coming from the Enterococcus faecalis exotoxin that is unique as a detergent that breaks down lipid protein coats like the one Corona has!

Edited by The Atom
To add some text about Enteroccocus faecalis at the end

53 minutes ago, The Atom said:

The fact that it is available for free does matter. That means it is not copyright. 

You are completely wrong. For example I have scores of research papers on my computer downloaded free and legally from the internet. I am free to use these for personal study, but I cannot use any of the text without providing full details of the source and even then I would be limited as to how many words I could use. I am not trying to get at you Atom, I am trying to help you avoid problems in future. It is highly unlikely that the holders of the copyright for the material you have posted would take legal action against you, but they could. That puts you at risk, it puts the forum at risk and it is simply discourteous.

1 minute ago, Area54 said:

You are completely wrong. For example I have scores of research papers on my computer downloaded free and legally from the internet. I am free to use these for personal study, but I cannot use any of the text without providing full details of the source and even then I would be limited as to how many words I could use. I am not trying to get at you Atom, I am trying to help you avoid problems in future. It is highly unlikely that the holders of the copyright for the material you have posted would take legal action against you, but they could. That puts you at risk, it puts the forum at risk and it is simply discourteous.

As with any source of information if you are going to use anything in your own research it needs to be cited properly,  from a academic viewpoint it would be viewed as plagiarism which will reflect badly on you.  By citing you are backing up any claims, and if there are issues with the source.

There are tools that make this much easier, esp if you use LaTeX and a bibliography file.

Paul

1 minute ago, paulsutton said:

As with any source of information if you are going to use anything in your own research it needs to be cited properly,  from a academic viewpoint it would be viewed as plagiarism which will reflect badly on you.  By citing you are backing up any claims, and if there are issues with the source.

There are tools that make this much easier, esp if you use LaTeX and a bibliography file.

Paul

An example (probably not very good, but I just tried to think of a quick example) if you were writing an essay on Star Trek for example.

Spock suggests "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" [1], this could be an example of Vulcan logic,  as he was suggesting that to save the crew he should sacrifice himself,  their needs out weigh the needs of the one (him), the few could be his close friends. e.g Kirk, Bones, Scotty et al.

[1] Spock,  Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn,  1982, 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.