hijack from impeachment of trump to stop replacement of RBG

hoola

could it be that the Fermi paradox is caused by a population achieving a sufficient knowledge of physics to infer the end of the universe itself?  This perceived act of betrayal by the very fabric of existence upon not only sentience, but even of microbial life, engendering a subconscious form of mania of self hatred that ultimately results in the failure of basic societal functions of these populations. I am not saying that these breakdowns would extinguish life in every case, but would remove or delay significantly the possibility of any continued intellectual advancement. If things keep going down the drain environmentaly here on earth, the obvious delay to address the situation could be an emergent and common feature of all forms of sentience, and as such could signify a defacto "universe immune response" that eliminates or retards defective civiliizations to keep them isolated from civilizations that have managed to have "survived the fire" of it's phase of the cultural domination of super-contrarianistic self negation.

Edited by hoola

3 hours ago, hoola said:

could it be that the Fermi paradox is caused by a population achieving a sufficient knowledge of physics to infer the end of the universe itself?  This perceived act of betrayal by the very fabric of existence upon not only sentience, but even of microbial life, engendering a subconscious form of mania of self hatred that ultimately results in the failure of basic societal functions of these populations. I am not saying that these breakdowns would extinguish life in every case, but would remove or delay significantly the possibility of any continued intellectual advancement. If things keep going down the drain environmentaly here on earth, the obvious delay to address the situation could be an emergent and common feature of all forms of sentience, and as such could signify a defacto "universe immune response" that eliminates or retards defective civiliizations to keep them isolated from civilizations that have managed to have "survived the fire" of it's phase of the cultural domination of super-contrarianistic self negation.

What kind of tangent is this?

3 hours ago, hoola said:

could it be that the Fermi paradox is caused by

I have always felt the Fermi paradox falsely assumes that we (Humans) know/would be able to determine the evidence. We take it for granted that we're intelligent and often view intelligence in absolute terms rather than something relative to our understanding.

I think you are implying that life in the Universe is potentially parasitic? That an abundance of it perhaps leads to worlds ends? If that is what you are speculating I think it would be worth a discussion in 'Speculation' but I don't see how it relates to RBG's seat. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.