I have been banned and busy with life for 1 year?

Saiyan300Warrior

I was wondering if I could use these forums again as I will be getting back into teaching myself some STEM subjects and would like to use these forums every time I have a question that is important to ask. Totally up to the staff of this site and hopefully you guys give me a chance, just know that life has taught me lots of stuff while I was away from forums such as this and hope to apply it whilst in the internet world.

Hope you all have a great day reading this :)

8 hours ago, Saiyan300Warrior said:

I went by different names but my last account was "AchillesIsGoodNow", I am on page 28 of the banned list.

Which was another attempt to say you're sorry for an even earlier account called CricStands, where you spammed us with fake titles to the same cricket advertisement. Why would we EVER want that again?

On 9/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, Saiyan300Warrior said:

I was wondering if I could use these forums again as I will be getting back into teaching myself some STEM subjects and would like to use these forums every time I have a question that is important to ask. Totally up to the staff of this site and hopefully you guys give me a chance, just know that life has taught me lots of stuff while I was away from forums such as this and hope to apply it whilst in the internet world.

Hope you all have a great day reading this :)

I don't understand why you asked...

Why not just post reasonable question's and dialogue; I don't care who you were... 😉

8 hours ago, Saiyan300Warrior said:

I went by different names but my last account was "AchillesIsGoodNow", I am on page 28 of the banned list.

If I might make a suggestion

From a personal point of view if I had to type out all that name every time i wanted to address you in a discussion I don't think I would do it very often.
The name may be 'funky' or whatever, but is a real pain to others to use.

Do you think your new handle is any better?

5 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

post reasonable question's and dialogue

+1

That's the way to do it.

51 minutes ago, studiot said:

From a personal point of view if I had to type out all that name every time i wanted to address you in a discussion I don't think I would do it very often.
The name may be 'funky' or whatever, but is a real pain to others to use.

@studiot do you know that you can "call" somebody by entering (at) @ character, and start typing person nickname, and the all suggestions will appear in drop-down list, where you can pick up the right one easily from the list? In your case, I just needed to enter "studi", to filter everything and limit list so "studiot" appeared.

I his case, it just needs "saiy" @Saiyan300Warrior

It has yet another advantage over entering plain name that referenced person will be notified about mentioning him or her in some thread.

18 minutes ago, Sensei said:

@studiot do you know that you can "call" somebody by entering (at) @ character, and start typing person nickname, and the all suggestions will appear in drop-down list, where you can pick up the right one easily from the list? In your case, I just needed to enter "studi", to filter everything and limit list so "studiot" appeared.

I his case, it just needs "saiy" @Saiyan300Warrior

It has yet another advantage over entering plain name that referenced person will be notified about mentioning him or her in some thread.

Thank you for being helpful. +1

I do use that facility occasionally.

But I would much prefer if computer designer and programmers stopped  forcing things I don't want down my throat and put their minds to creating facilities I do want, but can't have.

4 minutes ago, studiot said:

But I would much prefer if computer designer and programmers stopped  forcing things I don't want down my throat and put their minds to creating facilities I do want, but can't have.

To do so, you would have to 1) write a feature request to developers and designers 2) it would have to be read 3) it would have to be implemented.. How many times have you written to the authors of some application that you are using feature request? The larger the IT company is, the more difficult is to reach to the right people, who really can influence development of the application..

!

Moderator Note

This thread is not the place to discuss writing code, or anything related to that.

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Which was another attempt to say you're sorry for an even earlier account called CricStands, where you spammed us with fake titles to the same cricket advertisement. Why would we EVER want that again?

Plus the transgressions of the original account, Achilles. And all of the subsequent sockpuppetry. 

Oh CricStands wasn't me, I can admit a lot of stuff but that wasn't me (Never advertised in my life)... and swansont yes my old account was Achilles even though I miss that unique name, ever since I learnt about Achilles from the Trojan war/Homer's Iliad I became obssessed with him "The Embodiment of Grief of a people/tribe or nation = Achilles". Plus that name is not my kind of taste. My new obssession is the Saiyan race from the Dragon Ball series... that's probably equivalent to someone who is really into star trek/star wars and the races in that show and what not, and so I called myself "Saiyan" from Dragon Ball, "300" from the movie '300' about elite spartan warriors from ancient greece and "Warrior" cause I guess I am in a constant battle with life and inevitable suffering that all humans must 'battle' against, also a warrior is a more dramatic title as opposed to a soldier who are like an obedient servant in some ways, and 'Warrior' you usually remember them as people of great feats of something as opposed to a soldier who is a part in a collective crowd. Blah blah blah sorry for the extra stuff...

So no definite answer yet.. hmm... hope you guys accept me here still!

9 hours ago, Saiyan300Warrior said:

So no definite answer yet.. hmm... hope you guys accept me here still!

What might convince the powers-that-be would be posts from yourself, in existing threads, where you were on-topic, polite, interesting and supported your comments with accessible, relevant, valid, scientific links.

9 hours ago, Saiyan300Warrior said:

Oh CricStands wasn't me, I can admit a lot of stuff but that wasn't me (Never advertised in my life)

It came from the same IP address as another of your accounts, and just a few months after that account was banned. Quite the coincidence.

4 hours ago, swansont said:

It came from the same IP address as another of your accounts, and just a few months after that account was banned. Quite the coincidence.

Oh is it possible that we both could of been using the same VPN from the same browser. I use to use Opera browser a year ago for my sockpuppet accounts and you could use their free VPN... It was that and/or Chrome VPN, could be wrong on which one I used... Either that or bad memory, never really advertised online, no real purpose for me, seems like sht and cheap pay. Just being honest !