Wind

Dreamhax

Is wind the movement of nitrogen in our atmosphere....I just find it so hard to believe that there are millions of particles just floating around. If that were true wouldn't we just be able to mine the sidewalks littered with trace elements of the more rarer stuff.ls consciousness a measurement of some force of polarity that can distinguish the electron,proton, and neutron of an oxygen molecule. Also, is consciousness the first moment in a human life he or she breathes that first bit of oxygen. I need an answer please if this sounds dumb please just give me some insight like an answer to some of these questions.

Is it possible that the exact number of oxygen and those numbers of protons electrons and neutrons are the reason for thought(8,8,8)

Sounds like you just had an epiphany about science but at the same time are trying to find your intellectual way through it and are experiencing a bit of an indigestion.

Start with big but simple numbers. E.g., how many molecules are in 4 grams of hydrogen?: Chemistry tells us it's close to 10²⁴. That means 10⁶ times 10⁶ times 10⁶ times 10⁶. That is 1 million million million million little clusters of matter bouncing around.   Physics tells us there are fields interweaving these granules of matter. So nothing is simple there, really.

Now consider: How many neurons are in my brain?: about 10¹¹. That means one hundred thousand million little fat/protein packed bodies (your neurons) firing in changing patterns and interacting with their neighbours. Polarity of your neurons gives you the basic (0,1) alphabet that control systems require.

How many atoms arranged in sequential patterns inside each and every neuron? Depends. Some neurons are short, others are close to 1 meter. But you can assume the average number of atoms in each neuron to be somewhere around 10²³ again. But those 10²³ in every 10¹¹ are now arranged in patterns. Like tiny machines that have been built for doing specific things, instead of the chaos of gas molecules bouncing over and over.

How amazingly complex can the behaviour of 10²³ times 10¹¹ ordered-in-patterns little things be? That number is 10³⁴, which means ten thousand million million million million million little things playing a role in the machine. I wouldn't say that's you, but that what makes you.

Science is not easy, because it requires your imagination to stretch, to go places it's never been before in your world of going up or down the stairs or throwing a ball, or frying an egg.

Edit: x-posted with bufofrog

Edited by joigus

3 hours ago, Dreamhax said:

Is wind the movement of nitrogen in our atmosphere

The wind is the movement of Nitrogen, Oxygen, water vapor and other molecules.

4 hours ago, Dreamhax said:

I just find it so hard to believe that there are millions of particles just floating around.

There are way more than millions.  There are about 8 x 10^23 molecules in each cubic foot of air. 

Why is it hard to believe there are air molecules?  What do you think is push the leaves in a wind?

If that were true wouldn't we just be able to mine the sidewalks littered with trace elements of the more rarer stuff

Trace elements DO litter the sidewalks!  The problem is there isn't very much. If you have to 'mine' 10000 miles of side walks for 1/100 gram of gold, your company won't last long.

ls consciousness a measurement of some force of polarity that can distinguish the electron,proton, and neutron of an oxygen molecule

No.

Whoa, that was a rather violent turn onto pseudoscience lane!

Also, is consciousness the first moment in a human life he or she breathes that first bit of oxygen.

It appears that in the womb a fetus will react to sound, so I would say the answer no.

I need an answer please if this sounds dumb please just give me some insight like an answer to some of these questions.

Hope my answers helped.

Is it possible that the exact number of oxygen and those numbers of protons electrons and neutrons are the reason for thought(8,8,8)

No.

• 1 month later...

Well realistically,

Wind is the advance/difference,  of atmospheric pressure. For instance, when  air is to move from a high pressure area to a low pressure area. The bigger difference of the pressure the faster the air will move. 

wind.jpg

Well yes air consist of various elements including nitrogen