Water originates from very cold area’s in the universe, as in nebulae..?

Hello2

There is not enough evidence or data to be reasonably sure where the water on Earth came from.

There are several hypotheses.
One is that it came from the solar system beyond Mars (not Mars itself).

As we get more meteor and comet material data perhaps it may become clearer.

38 minutes ago, studiot said:

There is not enough evidence or data to be reasonably sure where the water on Earth came from.

There are several hypotheses.
One is that it came from the solar system beyond Mars (not Mars itself).

As we get more meteor and comet material data perhaps it may become clearer.

Can't it have formed here?

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

Can't it have formed here?

Good question. Recent hypothesis suggests part of it may have formed from minerals already here. Some mantle processes can release water apparently:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-01-10/how-earth-made-its-own-water-out-rocks

This came from a quick Google search, but I've heard about this idea in a documentary, and I think experts are considering it as a distinct possibility.

I suppose, as any complex phenomenon, calls for a complex answer. We humans tend to search for unique cause, while many natural phenomena resist simple analysis because may have complex causation.

But Studiot has hedged the bets when he's said,

2 hours ago, studiot said:

God made water right here on Earth, but it is unclear when. In Genesis 1:1 it is written that:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

and in Genesis 1:2 it is written that:

The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

so it is unclear if God made water on day one or two.

Gosh I didn't guess my comment would be so controversial.

The OP wasn't entirely clear whether he was asking if water only comes from outer space or otherwise or at all.

There is water in out space.

There is water on Earth today.

It would appear that the proto-Earth could not have had free water and I have referenced modern data as to why in the attachment.

We now know that water plays a vital role in plate tectonic activity so there is water today within the rocks.

So I see no reason why both mechanisms (outgassing from the rocks and later accretion from outer space material) could not have played a role. Both are secondary.

The two sources lead to different isotope ratios in the water, but as I said we need more data to be more precise about this.

water1.thumb.jpg.de5fa77c1f93e3f4d6edcdb83e7da89c.jpg