Schrödinger's cat why do people make fun of it...?

nae

One day I was scrolling through youtube and I found a video that was explaining Schrödinger's cat experiment. I personally really like the sound of it and thought "maybe it could be possible?". That was until I went to Instagram and found that everyone was making fun of it...? I was more confused why is it taken as a joke? It is either that the people on Insta are the wrong people to talk to about it, or I am just...the weird one? I hope not. 

As a cat owner, I think this mental experiment is an example of ' animal testing' for scientific purposes, and cruelty to animals.

7 minutes ago, nae said:

I personally really like the sound of it and thought "maybe it could be possible?".

What could be possible ?
Schrodinger's cat is simply an interpretation of the mathematics of Quantum Mechanics, absurdly ( and incorrectly ) applied to macroscopic objects.

Just now, MigL said:

As a cat owner, I think this mental experiment is an example of ' animal testing' for scientific purposes, and cruelty to animals.

What could be possible ?
Schrodinger's cat is simply an interpretation of the mathematics of Quantum Mechanics, absurdly ( and incorrectly ) applied to macroscopic objects.

Like how the cat has a chance of being dead or alive. It ties in with one of the theories I heard once. 

Say if a cat or whatever dies in a box couldn't there also be another reality where the cat didn't die? Thats what I meant.

I just like whole concept of the thought experiment to be honest