Confessions of a Qanon Believer

Airbrush

4 hours ago, Moontanman said:

I used to think religion was the great filter, it was easy to think that religion would eventually kill us all but I've changed my mind. IMHO information will end up ending our civilization, information without conformation given in quantities so vast that conformation is impossible and the tendency to accept what we want to be true.

I share your concern, but I'm an optimist. I think --or wanna think-- many people will realise that either we learn to fork out some attention span on reliability of information, or else we become too vulnerable, and we're done for.

Even fish will take the bait for so long. After a while they know it's bait. Either they wise up, or only the cleverer survive. Although you're the expert angler here, Moon.

The temptation is to respond with ever more outrageously improbable variations - sarcasm to excess - but I suspect some would just think I was serious. Could require some judgement of whether they are capable of getting it. 

Could Qanon have begun just like that, as a bit of trollery that got taken seriously and has acquired a life of it's own?