The reality of the four dimensions.

ovdtogt

We live in four dimensions. Time/light is the first dimension. The basic foundation of all reality is time/wave/frequency. These properties all exist in the first dimension. Photon's only come into existence (for us in the fourth dimension) when they interact with our dimension. They are the ultimate time travellers. In the absense of light (time) linear velocity shifts down to a lower dimension and starts to take on the qualities of a wave/frequency. All higher dimensions drop one level and assume the properties of the lower dimension. A particle drops out of the fourth dimensions and becomes a three dimensional being. It's linear velocity starts to take on the qualities of the first dimension (wave/frequency). This is an explantation of the dual nature of particle. By removing light the particle loses it's foundation. It is forced into a lower dimension, dropping out of the fourth dimension and it's linear velocity becomes a wave/frequency. It assumes the properties of Time itself, thereby becoming timeless. 

All manner of phenomenon can be understood if you consider that by removing light you are removing the foundation of time from the four dimensional reality. Everthing that exists within two dimensions and higher will drop one dimension. Whatever moved as a circular velocity becomes a linear velocity and everything that was a linear velocity becomes a wave/frequency displaying an interference pattern. All matter retains its superposition properties (i.e. undefined) until light is re-introduced and all dimensions are raised to a higher level again. They emerge into the fourth dimension. 

Structure of reality.jpg

!

Moderator Note

This is a science discussion forum, and these are extraordinary claims not observed in nature, so they're speculative and belong in Speculations. I'm moving it there.

Please support your ideas with evidence. Right now you seem to be using a kind of logic that is more "this makes more sense to me" than it is reasoned thinking. We're going to be using trusted, mainstream science explanations in our responses to what you've substituted, and it's expected that you do more than wave your hands and insist you're right.

If you have any maths that could be used to model what you're talking about, that would help tremendously. I hope the discussion helps everyone involved to learn something new.

NEW* "theory". Here's a list of concepts of common usage that's immediately obvious you don't understand:

dimension, light, velocity, phenomenon, explanation (or "explantation"), understand, consider.

*Not Even Wrong. (Knowing full well how much these words have been abused in the recent past.)

23 hours ago, ovdtogt said:

We live in four dimensions.

And our current best model uses them as a continuous coordinate system called spacetime. The first dimension is length, represented by a line, or x. Now move out 90 degrees from EVERY point along that line to get the second dimension, width, represented by a 2d square, or y. Now move out 90 degrees from EVERY point on the square to get the third dimension, height, represented by a 3d cube, or z. When we add a temporal dimension, time, or t, we can use this system to plot any point in the universe, as well as a point in the past, present, or future in time. We use this system for everything from scheduling a lunch date to studying history to landing a module on an asteroid. It allows us an extraordinary degree of accuracy, and anybody can make it work. 

What are the benefits of your idea over our current best explanation?

On 8/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, Bufofrog said:

The very first thing you need to do is learn what a dimension is!

You do accept we live in a 4 dimensional universe?

5 hours ago, Phi for All said:

And our current best model uses them as a continuous coordinate system called spacetime. The first dimension is length, represented by a line, or x. Now move out 90 degrees from EVERY point along that line to get the second dimension, width, represented by a 2d square, or y. Now move out 90 degrees from EVERY point on the square to get the third dimension, height, represented by a 3d cube, or z. When we add a temporal dimension, time, or t, we can use this system to plot any point in the universe, as well as a point in the past, present, or future in time. We use this system for everything from scheduling a lunch date to studying history to landing a module on an asteroid. It allows us an extraordinary degree of accuracy, and anybody can make it work. 

What are the benefits of your idea over our current best explanation?

My hypothesis is that Time/frequency/light/Photons exist in the first or zero dimension. This forms the basis for all other dimensions that are piled on top. To start with the first dimension (line), 2nd (square) and third (Cube). The quantum wave/particle duality is an experiment is done by blocking out all forms of electromagnetic interference. This has as a result that the 3 higher dimensions drop down one dimension in effect disappearing from our 4 dimensions and becoming a 3 dimensional entity. It's linear motion assumes the property of a wave function. 

On 8/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, ovdtogt said:

The basic foundation of all reality is time/wave/frequency. These properties all exist in the first dimension.

Perhaps it was something I had for dinner.

Please explain to me how a wave is possible where this is only one single dimension.

3 hours ago, ovdtogt said:

My hypothesis is that Time/frequency/light/Photons exist in the first or zero dimension. This forms the basis for all other dimensions that are piled on top. To start with the first dimension (line), 2nd (square) and third (Cube). The quantum wave/particle duality is an experiment is done by blocking out all forms of electromagnetic interference. This has as a result that the 3 higher dimensions drop down one dimension in effect disappearing from our 4 dimensions and becoming a 3 dimensional entity. It's linear motion assumes the property of a wave function. 

First OR zero? Which is it? In spacetime coordinates, the zero dimension is a point, and the first dimension is a line. And it works so well I'm wondering why you have a problem with it?

Since time is a temporal dimension, it doesn't "exist" in another spatial dimension. Rather it's a continuum, 3d space + time, that lets us plot positions for events. 

What do you mean by dimensions "dropping down"? How can a dimension disappear? Are you suggesting there are 4 spatial dimensions? There are very sound scientific reasons why a universe with 4 spatial dimensions would be unstable. 

I am going to assume that by 0th dimension, he actually means a 1 dimensional manifold ( or universe ).
Then,first, 2nd and 3rd, would be 2, 3 and four dimensional manifolds ( or universes )

People who don't understand the mathematical ( or physical ) meaning of dimension usually incorrectly associate the term with alternate realities.

but according to his chart, the 0th dimension ( he has also called it first ) is time.
Maybe we should ask him what time is, as it a question that has perplexed us for some time :D:lol::lol: !

On 8/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, ovdtogt said:

It assumes the properties of Time itself, thereby becoming timeless. 

I can't make heads or tails of this statement. It takes on the properties of time and is therefore without time?!?! What does that mean?

They are the ultimate time travellers. In the absense of light (time) linear velocity shifts down to a lower dimension and starts to take on the qualities of a wave/frequency.

So when I turn off the bedside lamp I suddenly become waves/frequency?

Photon's only come into existence (for us in the fourth dimension) when they interact with our dimension.

We only exist in the fourth dimension?

How are you defining "dimension"? Like length/width/height/time? 

Or like "You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas; you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone."

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

First OR zero? Which is it? In spacetime coordinates, the zero dimension is a point, and the first dimension is a line. And it works so well I'm wondering why you have a problem with it?

Since time is a temporal dimension, it doesn't "exist" in another spatial dimension. Rather it's a continuum, 3d space + time, that lets us plot positions for events. 

What do you mean by dimensions "dropping down"? How can a dimension disappear? Are you suggesting there are 4 spatial dimensions? There are very sound scientific reasons why a universe with 4 spatial dimensions would be unstable. 

I would prefer calling it the zero dimension, because it is a dimensionless field, a singularity. I believe Time/electromagnetism is a singularity that is the foundation of the other dimensions, Line, square,cube. By removing all electromagnetic influences you have in effect eradicated the foundation dimension Time. The linear dimension then assumes that role and starts to exhibit wavelike properties as demonstrated in the double slit experiment. 

6 minutes ago, ovdtogt said:

I would prefer calling it the zero dimension, because it is a dimensionless field, a singularity. I believe Time/electromagnetism is a singularity that is the foundation of the other dimensions, Line, square,cube. By removing all electromagnetic influences you have in effect eradicated the foundation dimension Time. The linear dimension then assumes that role and starts to exhibit wavelike properties as demonstrated in the double slit experiment. 

Show this, offer evidence in support, because you're swimming against a LOT of mainstream knowledge that works. Most of what you're saying shows you've misunderstood what many of the words mean. You've stitched together some information, and filled the gaps with stuff you've made up. NOT science. Please support your assertions. Waving your hands and making unevidenced claims is a profoundly uninteresting thing to discuss. More rigor, please.

26 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Show this, offer evidence in support, because you're swimming against a LOT of mainstream knowledge that works. Most of what you're saying shows you've misunderstood what many of the words mean. You've stitched together some information, and filled the gaps with stuff you've made up. NOT science. Please support your assertions. Waving your hands and making unevidenced claims is a profoundly uninteresting thing to discuss. More rigor, please.

On 8/30/2020 at 3:10 PM, ovdtogt said:

We live in four dimensions. Time/light is the first dimension. The basic foundation of all reality is time/wave/frequency. These properties all exist in the first dimension. Photon's only come into existence (for us in the fourth dimension) when they interact with our dimension. They are the ultimate time travellers. In the absense of light (time) linear velocity shifts down to a lower dimension and starts to take on the qualities of a wave/frequency. All higher dimensions drop one level and assume the properties of the lower dimension. A particle drops out of the fourth dimensions and becomes a three dimensional being. It's linear velocity starts to take on the qualities of the first dimension (wave/frequency). This is an explantation of the dual nature of particle. By removing light the particle loses it's foundation. It is forced into a lower dimension, dropping out of the fourth dimension and it's linear velocity becomes a wave/frequency. It assumes the properties of Time itself, thereby becoming timeless. 

All manner of phenomenon can be understood if you consider that by removing light you are removing the foundation of time from the four dimensional reality. Everthing that exists within two dimensions and higher will drop one dimension. Whatever moved as a circular velocity becomes a linear velocity and everything that was a linear velocity becomes a wave/frequency displaying an interference pattern. All matter retains its superposition properties (i.e. undefined) until light is re-introduced and all dimensions are raised to a higher level again. They emerge into the fourth dimension. 

Structure of reality.jpg

527282108_Structureofreality.thumb.jpg.a4568566441a2a7e23531caf3dde01bb.jpg

All these ideas are highly speculative and are merely for the curious mind. 

What I am proposing is very little different from our current model of Spacetime. I am merely placing time as the foundational dimension of our spacial 3 dimensions. I believe Time is the bedrock of our three dimensions carried by the electromagnetic force. My contention is if you remove all electromagnetic influences from a system you also remove one of the spacial dimensions, nl Time itself. This has the effect that the 3d dimensional structure drops one layer whereby the linear motion assumes the property of a wave/frequency as in the double slit experiment. The particle (electron) disappears out of our 3 dimensional spacetime. It no longer operates in our time frame.  

26 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

These philosophical explorations with the knowledge I have of relativity theory and the double slit experiment and the wave function. I believe Time plays a fundamental role in our reality and it is my belief that Time is an electromagnetic force. 

Edited by ovdtogt

Time is carried by the electromagnetic force ??
Time is an electromagnetic force ????
Makes one wonder how nuclear events can happen as thy are not governed by electromagnetism.
And neither is falling off your chair due to gravity.
I guess those things simply don't happen in your reality; they do in ours

This is not the rigor Phi asked for.

4 hours ago, ovdtogt said:

I am merely placing time as the foundational dimension of our spacial 3 dimensions.

I hope I cite Mordred correctly: a dimension is a parameter that can change independent of other parameters. So e.g. you can move north, i.e. you change your 'north-south' coordinate, while staying at the same place when you only think about moving in the 'east-west' coordinate. What you also can do is staying where you are in space, and you will move through time only. So we get at 4 dimensions, 3 in space, and one time dimension. So this also means one dimension cannot be 'foundational' for the others.

'Dimensions' are used in all kinds of corners of physics, not just space and time: we have 'phase-space', sometimes useful for describing a collection of particles: for every particle we have its position in space (3 dimensions), their momentum in 3 directions (i.e. another 3 dimensions), and then we have every single particle. So if we study a system of 100 particles, we have a 600-dimensional phase-space', in which all 100 particles are characterised by one point with 600 coordinates. In quantum mechanics, we have Hilbert space, which has nothing to do with our familiar 3+1 dimensions, and even uses complex numbers (i.e. with components of the square root of -1), and can even be infinite-dimensional.

No, you are completely misusing the concept of 'dimensions'. 

So I completely agree with MigL here:

7 hours ago, MigL said:

People who don't understand the mathematical ( or physical ) meaning of dimension usually incorrectly associate the term with alternate realities.

If I remember correctly, from the old Superman comics, he sometimes had opponents from 'another dimension'. But I assume that the idea that 'other dimensions' are alternate realities was not invented by the authors of Superman.

10 hours ago, ovdtogt said:

All these ideas are highly speculative and are merely for the curious mind. 

!

Moderator Note

We have certain requirements for discussion of speculative ideas, and your posts fall well short. This is a science discussion site, meaning there needs to be some scientific basis for the discussion. Your ideas seem to have been pulled out of...an alternate dimension.

Don't bring this topic up again.