Sleep experiment

Anne45

Hi,

My name is Anne. I will be posting a sleep expirment on here that I am trying on myself.

I will be getting 2 hours of sleep every night for a year. And doccumeting what happens. 

I am 20 years old, 5 foot 2, 144 pounds, and am generally healthy. 

You may ask why I am doing this. I am doing this because there are not many studies on people doing this type of expirmentand I want to try and see what happens.

Tonight will be my first night doing this expirment. 

I will be going to bed at 12:00 AM and waking up at 2:00AM.

I hope you will read my posts and give me tips If you have any!🙂

I will be updating what I feal like and what is happening with the expirment every night. 

Wish me luck!!😃😃

1 hour ago, Anne45 said:

Hi,

My name is Anne. I will be posting a sleep expirment on here that I am trying on myself.

I will be getting 2 hours of sleep every night for a year. And doccumeting what happens. 

You may ask why I am doing this. I am doing this because there are not many studies on people doing this type of expirmentand I want to try and see what happens.

Tonight will be my first night doing this expirment. 

I will be going to bed at 12:00 AM and waking up at 2:00AM.

I hope you will read my posts and give me tips If you have any!🙂

I will be updating what I feal like and what is happening with the expirment every night. 

Wish me luck!!😃😃

Best of luck! Do you have a plan for identifying when it might be a good idea to cease the experiment if it doesn't work out as you plan?

24 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Best of luck! Do you have a plan for identifying when it might be a good idea to cease the experiment if it doesn't work out as you plan?

If it starts to become a serious danger to my health I will stop the experiment. The thing I am most worried about is getting sick. Since I have read that sleep deprivation can cause a weekened immune system I could catch covid-19 or another dangerous virus. If I get sick then I will immediately stop the experiment. 

Going to bed now to start the first night of the expirment. Hope to talk to you tomorrow.😃  

Did I read it right? You want to sleep 2 hours per day.. ? For how long? (that's silly to be honest)

If you want to examine sleep, better get camera with IR, which will be pointing at you during sleeping, and recording your movements, and equipment measuring pulse of heart, and breathing, brain activity etc. etc.

If you will be waking up in the wrong stage of sleep, you will be astonishingly tired..

People who known more about this stuff even made smartphone apps which are measuring at which stage user is, and starting alert prior hour and minute alert was set.. Because it is important to wake up in the right stage of sleep, rather than plain amount of minutes of sleep..

Edited by Sensei

9 hours ago, Anne45 said:

Hi,

!

Moderator Note

There may be legitimate reasons why there are no studies like this. It is potentially dangerous/harmful, so getting permission to do such a study might be problematic. (That said, I am sure there are sleep deprivation studies, probably carried out by the military or on their behalf)

It's not something we can condone. In the spirit of our stance on not giving out medical advice and not permitting the posts involving dangerous substances or devices, I am closing this pending staff discussion. Do not share any results here.