Under medical supervision how long can someone be asphyxiated?

WSEN

I was thinking that when somebody is put in a room with a room where there is a high CO2 content and therefore, having the feeling of always not being able to breathe, whilst getting the adequate amount of oxygen, how long can somebody in such a torture session last if the person is force fed?
I guess if there are many people involved, anything is possible since under medical supervision and equipment, once can torture someone this way till death from old age (but then again in the future, with life extension technologies, we may live indefinitely and be tortured indefinably). I don't think I would worry about such a scenario because it seems logistically impossible in this world (no governmental agency or large nefarious group required to carry out such acts would do it since there's no motive to), physiologically possible.
I'm talking about a scenario where there's a lone sadist/very few people involved that are able to pull such things off. It gives me no comfort to know that there is only one way one could die and that is death from stress (which could take months).
In theory, couldn't this type of torture be carried out indefinitely? Someone who is waterboarded is analogous to this type of torture. You could feel like you are drowning, for many hours at a time, for many years. Your heart rate could be monitored so that you dont end up dying from a heart attack.
Can someone shed light into whether such a long torture method is possible and feasible?