Science chat

Norbert56

Hello,
I've been plagued by a question for several days. Is there such a thing as a science chat? I'm looking for a chat where people write about their thoughts on the world, the science books they've read recently. I'm not looking for a forum, because I would like to talk to someone face to face, for example.

10 minutes ago, Norbert56 said:

Hello,
I've been plagued by a question for several days. Is there such a thing as a science chat? I'm looking for a chat where people write about their thoughts on the world, the science books they've read recently. I'm not looking for a forum, because I would like to talk to someone face to face, for example.

What's the difference (to you) between a chat and a discussion? Are you looking for a more casual, less rigorous approach to science? Or are you looking for a place to talk about your wild science ideas where you won't be criticized? What's the purpose of requiring face-to-face conversation? 

In a forum, most of the posts are in written form, which is the most efficient way to take in information for most people. Why do you want people to write about their thoughts AND be present visually? I'm not saying what you're looking for isn't out there, but what do you hope to get out of it? 

"Thoughts on the world" need to have meaning, or be trustworthy information to add to your base of knowledge. We had a chat site (I think it's gone now) but too many folks just used it to get around our rules for rigor and civility.