About learning programming

Waliiid

Hi guys , how are you doing , wish you are all doing great . I am waleed and  i am new here and i would like to ask a question , what are the most strong and necessary languages to learn in order to be a programmer , and how to think as an information and acquire the method of thinking of an information ? Thank you all !

54 minutes ago, Waliiid said:

Hi guys , how are you doing , wish you are all doing great . I am waleed and  i am new here and i would like to ask a question , what are the most strong and necessary languages to learn in order to be a programmer , and how to think as an information and acquire the method of thinking of an information ? Thank you all !

It is more important to learn the concepts of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.

The languages you use will depend on the sort of work you do. But you need to be able to pick up a new language quickly, because almost no one uses just one language.

You could start with Python. There are lots of tutorials and examples online. It can teach you most of the things you need to know.

As Strange pointed out, understanding the concepts of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns is far more important than learning a specific language. However, I'd like to append the following to that. I'm assuming you want to learn how to program because of some curiosity drive deep down and not purely for filling out a job application. Whatever kind of software has caught your passion at the moment, look at what the developers use to build it. For example, if you're daydreaming about building kernels and bootloaders, look at what languages and tools the developers of Linux, FreeBSD, or Windows use. Are you dreaming up websites? Look at what the developers of stackoverflow or reddit use. Whatever it is, you can use that as a starting point.

5 hours ago, Markus Hanke said:

Lol...that was how I first started to teach myself coding. The good old ZX Spectrum with its squeaky tape drive. Oh the memories :) 

...it was not your voluntary choice, but because BASICs were built-in in ROM of 8 bit computers and you did not have to wait 30-60 minutes till something successfully loaded (or not) from the tape..

Now GCC is built-in many Linux installations, so there is no reason to not start from the latest C/C++, and don't learn bad habits since the beginning..