Slicing through spacetime

AgentF2S

I have got a theory, I kno I kno roast me in the comments for being stupid and low iq but, my weirdo science theory may inspire more theories that actually make sense

So, my theory is that if a laser is repeated at the same place over and over in less than a thousandth of a second (I will explain later) then it might tear the fabric of the universe

My idea is to arrange 4 mirrors in a way that light will go in a square pattern, there will be one 2 sided mirror with dark on one side and regular light on the other, so I will open one laser light from the see thru side of the mirror and keep it open until I place another mirror, not see through, over the see though one and then it might go very fast over and over and theoretically slice the fabric of da universe

Btw I already know I'm stupid  and have -100 iq

I know everything in this theory is wrong and I'm stupid, but this might entertain someone and make people laugh, or it could be correct and inspire theories with precise calculations

Idk time will tell

14 hours ago, AgentF2S said:

I have got a theory, I kno I kno roast me in the comments for being stupid and low iq but, my weirdo science theory may inspire more theories that actually make sense

Three things. 1) A theory is not a guess, and in science a theory is the best explanation currently available. 2) Here we don't believe people are stupid. We believe instead that people can have stupid ideas, and there's a big difference. 3) I don't know where you get the claim for a low IQ. It's not observable. You're communicating very well (and probably in a second language), and so far the evidence says you function very well cognitively.

Since we're a science discussion forum, evidence is very important, and your observations don't match up with the rest of us. If you want to continue claiming to have a low IQ, you're going to have to support that argument with some evidence. 

So, my theory is that if a laser is repeated at the same place over and over in less than a thousandth of a second (I will explain later) then it might tear the fabric of the universe

Popular science articles refer to "the fabric" of the universe as an analogy to help us picture how gravity affects us as we move through the spacetime continuum. In reality, there is no fabric. We use three spatial dimensions (length, width, height) and a temporal dimension (time) as a continuous coordinate system to help us navigate through space.

The "place" you bombard with a laser needs to have matter in it for the laser to interact with. If there's no matter in that "place" in space, the light doesn't have anything to interact with.

My idea is to arrange 4 mirrors in a way that light will go in a square pattern, there will be one 2 sided mirror with dark on one side and regular light on the other, so I will open one laser light from the see thru side of the mirror and keep it open until I place another mirror, not see through, over the see though one and then it might go very fast over and over and theoretically slice the fabric of da universe

One of the most difficult concepts to grasp in science is that light has one speed in a vacuum, represented by the letter "c" in equations. The speed of light is a constant, and light units (photons) are always in motion, always moving at c.

Now you have some studying to do about light. It's very important to get good quality information, and I'm glad you found us. Having ideas is fantastic, especially if you're willing to post them for critique and listen to the replies. MOST ideas people have in science are wrong, and figuring out why makes us all smarter. Thanks for sharing, and next time please don't be uncivil to any of our members by calling them stupid (especially you). Being civil is our #1 rule, and it applies to everyone.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:02 PM, Phi for All said:

Three things. 1) A theory is not a guess, and in science a theory is the best explanation currently available. 2) Here we don't believe people are stupid. We believe instead that people can have stupid ideas, and there's a big difference. 3) I don't know where you get the claim for a low IQ. It's not observable. You're communicating very well (and probably in a second language), and so far the evidence says you function very well cognitively.

Since we're a science discussion forum, evidence is very important, and your observations don't match up with the rest of us. If you want to continue claiming to have a low IQ, you're going to have to support that argument with some evidence. 

Popular science articles refer to "the fabric" of the universe as an analogy to help us picture how gravity affects us as we move through the spacetime continuum. In reality, there is no fabric. We use three spatial dimensions (length, width, height) and a temporal dimension (time) as a continuous coordinate system to help us navigate through space.

The "place" you bombard with a laser needs to have matter in it for the laser to interact with. If there's no matter in that "place" in space, the light doesn't have anything to interact with.

One of the most difficult concepts to grasp in science is that light has one speed in a vacuum, represented by the letter "c" in equations. The speed of light is a constant, and light units (photons) are always in motion, always moving at c.

Now you have some studying to do about light. It's very important to get good quality information, and I'm glad you found us. Having ideas is fantastic, especially if you're willing to post them for critique and listen to the replies. MOST ideas people have in science are wrong, and figuring out why makes us all smarter. Thanks for sharing, and next time please don't be uncivil to any of our members by calling them stupid (especially you). Being civil is our #1 rule, and it applies to everyone.

hey, yeah thanks, i was hoping to get a proper explanation and some one explaining it to me that this is not possible, i had this stuck in my mind for a few YEARS and i had to release it somewhere, so Thanks again and have a good day

and now i feel the ultimate relief, it feels like a 200 kg weight has been lifted of my chest

Edited by AgentF2S