Can baryon number be violated e.g. in baryogenesis, Hawking radiation ... neutron star?

Duda Jarek

Can baryon number be violated?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Can baryon number be violated?

• yes
    • no

Just now, Duda Jarek said:

I don't know what is the difference between "neglected" and "dismissed in 30 second" ... only asking why is it so?

Neglected means they never considered it. 

Dismissed after doing the necessary math to show it doesn't work is NOT neglected.

As you have provided no reason to think any such mechanism would fit the observations, why should we take your claims seriously?

Baryon number violation is not my idea, but a phenomenon required e.g. for baryogenesis, Hawking radiation, supersymmetry, GUT, sphelatron and many others.

I am not claiming anything, only asking, trying to discuss if it could also have other astronomical consequences, for example those which (as they claim) cannot be explained in standard way, like this https://www.space.com/35846-brightest-farthest-neutron-star-discovered.html

"Astronomers have discovered the brightest neutron star ever found. This extremely dense object is 1,000 times brighter than researchers previously thought was possible for neutron stars (...) This is one of the questions the scientific community needs to answer in the next years "

1 hour ago, Duda Jarek said:

But the claim "it doesn't work to explain the observations. " needs doing some analysis of this possibility - where is this analysis?

If there is none, means this possibility was neglected - excluded without even trying.

It also needs some analysis to say "it's baryon number non-conservation" 

Where is this analysis?

59 minutes ago, Duda Jarek said:

Baryon number violation is not my idea, but a phenomenon required e.g. for baryogenesis, Hawking radiation, supersymmetry, GUT, sphelatron and many others.

I am not claiming anything, only asking, trying to discuss if it could also have other astronomical consequences, for example those which (as they claim) cannot be explained in standard way, like this https://www.space.com/35846-brightest-farthest-neutron-star-discovered.html

"Astronomers have discovered the brightest neutron star ever found. This extremely dense object is 1,000 times brighter than researchers previously thought was possible for neutron stars (...) This is one of the questions the scientific community needs to answer in the next years "

It's a weak argument to say it's not your idea. You started the thread, you associated the idea with certain phenomena. You have to claim ownership of that, and with it comes certain obligations.

This is discussion forum, I have created general thread to discuss violation of baryon number - among others asking if it is possible, if so where it could be observed, how it could be verified.

I don't know if it happens in neutron stars, I have never claimed it - this is only one of topics to discuss here, I am asking for arguments in both sides.

Maybe indeed it should be neglected or "discarded in 30 seconds", but I don't know the argumentation behind it and would gladly learn.