returning insect bite

hi i was looking online for some help about returning bites and read a topic very close to the problem i have but the post is closed now i have a bite on my leg that has been there for at least 6+ years most of the time i dont even realise i have it but every now and again i will itch and boom it start to irritate then bleed then heal up untill i sratch it again anyone have any ideas what this could be 

How do you know it's a "bite"? Could it be a small rash that keeps getting scratched open? Or perhaps a wound in a place on your leg that gets a lot of movement, or rubs against clothing, or something else that delays healing? In 6+ years, why haven't you mentioned this to your doctor? 

It seems odd that the tissue hasn't healed completely in all that time, even if you were interrupting the process somehow. After hemostasis, there's a step where the wound is cleansed by fluids and coagulating platelets before the real repairs can begin. It sounds like your wound is stuck in that phase somehow. We can talk about what it might be, but we can't advise you what to do about it, other than ask your doctor. I hope that makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

why haven't you mentioned this to your doctor? 

Yes see your doctor.

There are some parasites which lay eggs that hatch and burrow out to lay more eggs that hatch and burrow............

Thus there is a time interval between appearances.

But this is not a medical diagnosis site so I repeat the ScienceForums prescription

See your doctor.

Edited by studiot

6 minutes ago, studiot said:

There are some parasites which lay eggs that hatch and burrow out to lay more eggs that hatch and burrow............

Thus there is a time interval between appearances.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that! And some of those hairworms have mind-controlling toxins that can make insects do bizarre things. 

Perhaps there's a correlation between bites like these and recent bizarre human behavior. We should check for bites before letting folks vote, or when they don't want to wear a mask in public. /jest

9 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Perhaps there's a correlation between bites like these and recent bizarre human behavior. We should check for bites before letting folks vote, or when they don't want to wear a mask in public. /jest

Nah, Trumps has a new infallible strategy for reelection.

Appoint Alexander Lukashenko as campaign manager.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am in fact a doctor. And I also have a recurring insect bite after slapping away an insect from my back 2 years ago. Every 2 months, approximately, a new sore forms at the exact spot where I was bitten and itches  and pops open. This all lasts 3-5 days. I have considerable lymphadenopathy above and below the "bite". I feel otherwise fine. I have asked multiple doctors what they think about it and no one knows or seems to ascribe it much meaning. Occasionally someone suggests it is shingles, but it never spreads, is never painful, and recurs much more often than shingles should. I think there is definitely a recurrent insect bite thing, yet it is no known in "normal" western medicine. I guess it would be liver heat rising in Chinese medicine. Please keep me up to date on other people's situations with this! It does not seem to be related to more or less stress, or anything else consistently.