new religion

hoola

As a focal point for the attention, it would unite the world in a specific way that lessens importance of  local totems, and give perspective to actual physical structures of our local universe, which is what we should be trying to save.

a

Edited by hoola

5 minutes ago, hoola said:

actual physical structures of our local universe, which is what we should be trying to save.

The central BH of our galaxy is 30 000 light years away.
It could have ceased to exist while we were building our first cities in Mesopotamia, and we still would not know about it for another 25 000 years.
That's some delayed effect !

There is good evidence that BHs exist, or once did in your scenario, as opposed to sprites, fairies, hobgoblins and related historic fables of epic fictions. It seems unlikely that black holes disappear under the time scale you express, and my intention is to de-localize religious fixations, not to attempt to establish an accurate physical model.

Edited by hoola

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

Isn't solar system orbiting around the center of the galaxy (the center of mass of galaxy)?

The mass of the BH at the center of the galaxy is ~4 million solar masses.  The mass of the galaxy is in the 100's of billions of solar masses.   The gravitational effect of the BH is pretty insignificant compared to that of the rest of the galaxy.  

To put it into perspective.  At its distance, the central Black hole's gravitational effect on the Earth is just 1/50,000,000 that of Jupiter's when the Earth and Jupiter on the same side of the Sun,  or about 1/12 the effect of the Alpha Centauri star system.

if the gravitational effect of the central black hole on earth  is above the plank level of measurability, that is an interesting thing...thanks  Janus for the good input. What level of measurability pertains to the holy ghost?  None, therefore my idea is a plank level more relevant than traditional religious methods. In the end measurability doesn't matter, where attention is focused is, and again, the thing you worship is at least real and has real local effect. Black holes are quantum objects, recent work has suggested a quantum based awareness with the Penrose/ Hammeroff conjecture of the microtubules in cell structures. I make no  overt inference of a connection between the two concepts.

Edited by hoola

23 hours ago, hoola said:

An improved religion is one that lowers the percentage of wishful thinking to allow actual knowledge to take it's place in the heirarchy of it tenents.

I'm going to focus on this. I'm interested in its logical structure.

Religious belief is based on wishful thinking and misguided intuitions. Less wishful thinking would imply less religious thinking.

(What you propose is a little bit like saying "an improved lie is one that lowers the percentage of false information in it". It doesn't sit well with the intuitive idea of what a good lie is. An improved lie would be one that more efficiently conceals the "mis" bit in "misinformation".)

Following your premise:

The best religion (the most improved) is that that lowers the % of wishful thinking to naught, while actual knowledge takes its place and substitutes the hierarchy of its tenets to completion (tenets gone).

Therefore the best religion is no religion. Which clinches the proof.

Edited by joigus

religion in general seems to indicate that a desire to answer the "why anything" question is the main theme, and the rest is folk wisdom added on. This question is one that may preceed sentient development on earth, or even predate the universe. If everything is information, and this information informs our universe how to behave, then earlier forms of data could have determined exactly what and how this particular universe came about prior to the big bang,  and the BB functioning as a transition state from pure information to a  rapidly refreshed projected description of that earlier state, making this universe is a defacto ROM readout of that prior condition. I submit that the development of sentience is the "work" required by the universe to know it's own origin, and we being elements of that system, are the mechanical process by which this is accomplished. It does seem that the inherent inefficiencies of the universe's physical systems are a factor in the phenomena of entropy.

Edited by hoola

this does seem to infer that with the pure informational state carrying out the implicate order that filled the ROM proceeded in a perfectly efficient state. A theoretical 1+1=2 with no losses, as opposed to a mechanical effort post BB to replicate this function having the minimum amount of inefficiencies, due to the energy loss required to accomplish this calculation, leading to a surmise that this is why the universe began in a low entropy state.

bb to

Edited by hoola

If space is filled with  quantized particles and antiparticles, when they appear/decay, the process manifests in the classic world, so must behave according to it's principles of some minimum inefficiencies of process. Is that the basis of dark energy? Each bit of space giving off that minimium loss?

On 8/7/2020 at 4:11 PM, hoola said:

...the largest amount of information in a objective sense in our physical realm, it is the black hole at the center of this galaxy...

1. What exactly is this information?

2. Is this information available to us, and if so, in what manner?

3. How does this information impact us?

thanks for your question,  getting but that's too off topic for the religion category. I would refer you to classical physics to give real information, as my ideas are largely symbolic, as religions tend to be, and cannot be held to any accuracy in detail. Unless, of course, you want to know what my particular religion has to say on such matters, then I would be glad to say something. I just started it yesterday, so am working out the kinks. Praise sagA

Edited by hoola

11 hours ago, hoola said:

this does seem to infer that with the pure informational state carrying out the implicate order that filled the ROM proceeded in a perfectly efficient state. A theoretical 1+1=2 with no losses, as opposed to a mechanical effort post BB to replicate this function having the minimum amount of inefficiencies, due to the energy loss required to accomplish this calculation, leading to a surmise that this is why the universe began in a low entropy state.

That is utterly incomprehensible. (So may be a good basis to start a new religion 🙂)

7 hours ago, hoola said:

If space is filled with  quantized particles and antiparticles, when they appear/decay, the process manifests in the classic world, so must behave according to it's principles of some minimum inefficiencies of process. Is that the basis of dark energy? Each bit of space giving off that minimium loss?

This is off topic. You should ask this in the physics section.

The non-zero vacuum energy / virtual particles looks as if it should be the explanation for dark energy. Unfortunately, it is 10120 times too large. This is one of the big problems in current physics.

12 hours ago, hoola said:

thanks for your question,  getting but that's too off topic for the religion category. 

!

Moderator Note

One could argue that much of the OP is off-topic for the religion category, and you still have not justified putting this thread here, as I requested 

The point that you seem to have missed in my previous post ( and thought it concerned the existence of BHs ) is that the galaxy's central BH is 30 000 light years away !
Information travels at the speed of light.
Any information 'coming' from the central BH is 30 000 years out of date.

Even the Bible is only a couple of thousand years out of date.

It was inevitable that your justified complaints should arise, so as I have expressed the basic tenents of my idea, I am over with it. Thanks for your forbearance on this. You may close the thread at this point. Lets end all religions beginning with this one......

Edited by hoola