new religion

hoola

An improved religion is one that lowers the percentage of wishful thinking to allow actual knowledge to take it's place in the heirarchy of it tenents. The question is what and how to base a new religion, and preferably be one that is information based, to the degree that the information is reliable and trustworthy. If the the universe is a set of mathematical structures, or simply guided by them, then based upon where is the largest amount of information in a objective sense in our physical realm, it is the black hole at the center of this galaxy, called sagittarius A star.  This should be the new focus of attention, not a local ad-hoc arrangement of historic attention grabbing items such as crosses, figurines, and other idolistic entities. The overall sense of evolution  as a mechanism that acts through information processing on the galactic level, as a comfortable place in the universe is required for  sentience to arise, and the particular arrangement this galaxy offers is quite worthy of praise, since it allows the concept of praise to exist. The force of evolution on this planet,is an emergent feature of our galactic arrangement, with a particular set of principles based upon local properties of matter and energy. So, in this arrangement, '"god" is the black hole and evolution is the resultant local outcome, whatever name you want to give to that, I prefer FOE, or force of evolution, the two edged blade that slaughters some species and protects others with the outcome that seems anthropromorphic, but probably isn't.

1 hour ago, hoola said:

So, in this arrangement, '"god" is the black hole and evolution is the resultant local outcome

That black hole has absolutely no effect on life on Earth. But perhaps the same could be said about traditional gods.

I disagree with the statement that central black holes don't have major influences on the particular galaxies they are within and agree with your judgement of "traditional gods" Thanks for the input. The simple proposition that black holes contain most of the information in the universe, seems to relevant here, viewing  the universe a a mathematical object, as ordered by particular set of mathematical algorithms. A concentration of this information at the particular location of Sag. A, seems a viable option to traditional methods to focus one's attention on, regardless of whether the black hole is a conscious thing or not, it seems more likely to have a valid point of focusing one's attention vs. a bloody cross. So, I go with a more positive scenario that expresses an advanced knowledge of one's position in the universe on a personal level and does not contain the karmic negativity of christianity's main symbol. Since a quiescent black hole is invisible, this is an intuitive commonality with the Muslim religion, which eschews symbolic portraits of their divine being. An intuitive statement from the sonoran sorcerers, who posited the universe is composed of "fibres", which later was expressed by L. Susskind  in the 60's with his invention of string theory, which is "wiggling loops", intuitively understood as fibres by the scorcers of Mexico.

Edited by hoola

5 minutes ago, hoola said:

I disagree with the statement that central black holes don't have major influences on the particular galaxies they are within

Please show us your calculations to demonstrate that the black hole has any measurable effect on the Earth.

(I am focusing on this because the rest of your post is just irredeemable nonsense.)

yes, it may be "irredeemable nonsense", but what religion isn't?....I only want a more humane and positive form of religion until time will relegate them all to the dustbin of history, replaced by truth, should the human race exist long enough to accomplish this task.

18 minutes ago, hoola said:

yes, it may be "irredeemable nonsense", but what religion isn't?....I only want a more humane and positive form of religion until time will relegate them all to the dustbin of history, replaced by truth, should the human race exist long enough to accomplish this task.

I take that to mean you have given up pretending that the black hole has any effect on the Earth?

You could, for example, calculate the gravitational effect of the black hole compared to all the other stars at the same distance. Or even the effect compared to, say, Jupiter. Or Pluto. Or a grain of dust.

Or the mass of the black hole as a percentage of the galaxy as a whole.

Or ... up to you.

I don't have the math skills to do that, but you probably do....and likely has already been done.

Ernst Mach proposed that local gravitation is affected by the entire universe's mass....that seemed important to Einstein and has possible bearing on the Mach thruster concept.

Edited by hoola

I am interested in gaining information as to variations in religions on what sort of properties a deity or deities developed in the northern hemisphere societies  vs. peoples in the mid lattitudes and, lastly,  of  the southern hemisphere. Does location specific to global position have any obvious effects on the structure of these religions? A student of religious history might  answer certain questions of mine, such as are there more "sky gods" in the southern hemisphere, and why is satan always portrayed as "downward", or earthwards, in northern areas? If looking downward in the northern hemisphere is a line of sight on Sag.A,  which is above the horizon in southern hemisphere locations...could this have any bearing on intuitive recognition of certain vectors of human religious spatial assignments?

13 hours ago, hoola said:

I only want a more humane and positive form of religion until time will relegate them all to the dustbin of history, replaced by truth, should the human race exist long enough to accomplish this task.

I think this disqualifies you from forming a meaningful new religion. The same perspective would make people distrust my motives for starting a new televised team sport.

2 hours ago, Phi for All said:

I think this disqualifies you from forming a meaningful new religion. The same perspective would make people distrust my motives for starting a new televised team sport.

I agree, although:

16 hours ago, hoola said:

I only want a more humane and positive form of religion until time will relegate them all to the dustbin of history, replaced by truth,

This does seem to be a blueprint.

A certain amount of deception would be required, but not much, since most are delighted to be deceived by easy answers, which further justifies their  intellectual and moral sloth.

Edited by hoola

3 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Not one that most believers would follow. They already know the truth, and most likely would be insulted by the "dustbin of history" approach.

Indeed, I just wonder at what point the "dustbin of history" is invoked...

17 hours ago, Strange said:

Please show us your calculations to demonstrate that the black hole has any measurable effect on the Earth.

Isn't solar system orbiting around the center of the galaxy (the center of mass of galaxy)?

If solar system would be located above or below center of galaxy there is some chance that it could get jet from black hole..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrophysical_jet

It is still possible to get jets from external source though..

Edited by Sensei

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Indeed, I just wonder at what point the "dustbin of history" is invoked...

I suppose it's about here:

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"

Phillip K. Dick

Now, religions have invented a mechanism for fueling themselves on while not bothering too much with facts.

Language can accommodate anything. That's why you cannot rely on language alone.

6 minutes ago, joigus said:

I suppose it's about here:

Phillip K. Dick

Now, religions have invented a mechanism for fueling themselves on while not bothering too much with facts.

Language can accommodate anything. That's why you cannot rely on language alone.

Indeed, what are facts? 

And how long do facts, remain facts...

18 minutes ago, hoola said:

just like communism, it will fade away after it is no longer serving any real purpose.

Spoken like a true American...

Edited by dimreepr

Black Holes have no more gravitational effect than the equivalent mass at the same distance.
The fact that it's a BH does NOT make it more attractive.

Your new religion is bound to fail because it cannot provide what current Religions provide.
How do facts and information provide hope, or 'meaning', and purpose for life, when life has lost meaning ?
Current Religions provide this for those so inclined ( you might say delusional, but you haven't walked in their shoes ).
How does a BH do this ???

18 hours ago, hoola said:

I am interested in gaining information as to variations in religions on what sort of properties a deity or deities developed in the northern hemisphere societies  vs. peoples in the mid lattitudes and, lastly,  of  the southern hemisphere. Does location specific to global position have any obvious effects on the structure of these religions? A student of religious history might  answer certain questions of mine, such as are there more "sky gods" in the southern hemisphere, and why is satan always portrayed as "downward", or earthwards, in northern areas? If looking downward in the northern hemisphere is a line of sight on Sag.A,  which is above the horizon in southern hemisphere locations...could this have any bearing on intuitive recognition of certain vectors of human religious spatial assignments?

!

Moderator Note

I don’t see the connection here. Why does “line of sight” to a black hole - something not visible - matter?

Why wasn’t this investigation into variations of religion in your OP, and what does this have to with a new religion?

How is your “new religion” an actual religion? What is being worshipped, and what is the supernatural deity/dieties?