Physics Dirty Little Secret

I am writing this post because I have a theory of everything however I don't really want to talk about it because I have tried previously and the conversation has not gone particularly well.

So first I am going to address the moderators as they are the ones that seem to make the most comments. Look, I do not think you are stupid. Here I am, some chump off the internet with no credentials claiming to have made the greatest scientific breakthrough of all time. This is in your eyes, and I don't totally blame you as I am sure you have seen it before, very unlikely, and because of this you are very sceptical. However, if you treat every case with the same hand wavy attitude you may be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If you are anything like Laurance Krauss I will assume that you are very good mathematicians but poor philosophers, he has explicitly said you don't need philosophy, you just need math and measurement. And this is the thing, I have met some brilliantly intelligent people, incredibly intelligent, but they are let down by the fact they are not incredibly wise. And of course philosophy literally means a love of wisdom. It’s like the big bang, physicists have all these sophisticated mathematical arguments for it but philosophically it is absurd.

So I do think you moderators are very intelligent. However, is that intelligence just based on knowledge? Are you just knowledgable or are you also imaginative? Can you put that intelligence to use in solving problems or can you just regurgitate the orthodoxy? I am not interested in you just expressing knowledge, I want to see creativity from you. First of all, my theory of everything, which I don't want to discuss, solves the major problem of physics. So I would like to talk about this problem, I would especially like to see what nonsense is spouted in trying to explain it or explain it away as if it is no problem. I would like to see you show the same scepticism to the big bang you show my theory.

And this is the problem, it really is the major problem of physics and solving it leads to a theory of everything. The problem is why is reality mathematical, why does it have the laws it does. This is not explained in any way, shape or form by contemporary physics and the current crop of physicists just don't seem interested in it.

Now I have heard all the bogus claims that science explains the ‘hows’ and not the ‘whys’ but this really just is nonsense. My theory clearly and unequivocally explains why reality is mathematical, why it has the laws it does, and it does it both physically and metaphysically. So the idea that science only explains the hows is nonsense, it is quite capable of explaining the whys too. Furthermore, if you do spend time philosophising on problems like ‘why’ you soon formulate ‘how’ questions that contemporary physics doesn’t explain. Consequently there are ‘hows’ about the standard model that are not explained.

So I would like to start a discussion on the question why reality is mathematical, why it has the laws it does. It may start philosophical but I am hoping that by breaking the problem down it becomes technical.

So why is reality mathematical, why do we have the laws we do?

Your threads get shut down because you don’t present evidence to back up your claims.

In January you wrote

”I have a framework for a theory of everything that is worthy of discussion except the moderators keep shutting it down. They say there is no evidence for it but there is, its just that the discussion is usually stopped before it gets there. I do not think our current scientists are stupid but their philopsophy is no where near the level of their mathematics, their philosophy is poor.”

Not getting to the point of posting the evidence was a poor strategy (several if your threads went 4 or 5 pages) And by doing it repeatedly you wore out any goodwill and patience that might be afforded you

24 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

So I would like to start a discussion on the question why reality is mathematical, why it has the laws it does.

!

Moderator Note

There have been several very constructive threads on this subject. Have you looked at those?

5 hours ago, swansont said:

Not getting to the point of posting the evidence was a poor strategy (several if your threads went 4 or 5 pages) And by doing it repeatedly you wore out any goodwill and patience that might be afforded you

We've never actually discussed it as staff before, but I know that the science is the only thing that matters here. Even if a member was told NOT to bring up a subject again, if they did so anyway BUT THEY IMMEDIATELY SHOWED SUPPORTIVE EVIDENCE for their arguments, nobody on staff would insist the thread be closed on principle. Instead, we'd actually have some science to discuss meaningfully, evidence to weigh, reasoning to do. 

PrimalMinister, I think you're experiencing why a thorough study of science, including the underlying mathematics principles, is needed in order to form working hypotheses. You write like you think philosophy is science-lite, without the maths, but you actually have to study philosophy too in order to apply it. It's clear you've not understood much of physics, and therefore think it's wrong instead of difficult. You've started making up explanations based on limited study, filling in the gaps with guesswork that seems absolutely perfect, but only to you. You aren't doing science, and I think you're actually hampering your own ability to learn.

Try leading with the evidence next time, and the members here will be able to better discuss your ideas with you.