Telepathy

reyam200

go read post #18, I gave a moderate explanation of the center of the brain thats responsible for empathy, and where its located.

There can be no mind to mind communication, there can be unknown signals that humans give to each other. For instance empathy theoretically makes a person feel exactly like what they are observing.

For instance empathy theoretically makes a person feel exactly like what they are observing.

Bingo......This is one of the reasons I'm here looking for answers. This is what makes me sick sometimes. The other part of "becoming" what I'm observing is even scarier. So far, I'm still at a dead end.

Bettina

I believe there is a bit of regulation in it or something....where's a neuroscientist when you need one....

but if you spend some time looking around on arxiv for the original paper about that group of brain cells you may find more of what your looking for there (these results were published in the past 6 months)

it would also be interesting to see how many have had "Feelings" or what they thought were "messages" and turned out to be nothing at all, and then offset these against the results of these "Telepaths", I know where My Money would go if the participants were 100% honest :)

CPL

in mystasism, they belive that the brow chakra(located between the eyebrows) is what is responsible for telepathy, empathy, ect. i don't beleave this way. but it makes sence. the prefrontal cortex. is right in the same area.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are scientists so practicle, cant they absorb the metaphysical?

Its not imp we have proof of everything, sometimes intution makes us believe in things, and whcih some of us have experienced.

Half the things the scientists concied was when they werent working or thinking about a problem, it just stuck them, try to look into this...maybe ill post some quotes later.

yes the idea just struck them, because they thought of something in an odd way, a scientist crushed an orange and though of the abom etc.

The scientific method dictates taht science has to be practical, doing anything else wouldn't be science.

• 1 month later...

According to research telepathy is not possible. Quantum mechanics suggest that entangled people could share information that some may interpret as telepathy. A spooky action at a distance or pre-cognition.

Precognition may exist.

If pure telepathy existed it would be a genetic advantage and would quickly become a common genetic trait in the human population.

For example reading a woman's mind and knowing that she will say yes would lead to a lot of babies quickly.

• 1 month later...

ronblue,

who's to say that its not already a genetic trait. people neglect to devlop it since they don't think its possible. yet they experince it from time to time.

explain the connection between mother and child.

and how would precognition be possible? if telepathy isn't. telepathy is the act of one brain sending or recving infomation, precognition is recving images of a future event. a event that hasen't happend yet.

I too used to think I was telepathic. That I could see the future and read minds, but only unreliably. Then I realized that the subconscious combined with simple coincidence would likely produce that same impression in just about anyone, regardless of any "powers" they had. For example, all the time the brain takes in information that we are not consciously aware of. And so you know things without remembering why you know them, which you think has something to do with psychic powers, but really is just your brain automatically putting things together that you don't even remember experiencing. And, of course, there's coincidence. Something occurs to you, and then, by chance, it happens. This sticks out in your mind for obvious reasons, but you're ignoring all of the times it doesn't happen, which of course is far, far more often. So of course sometimes what you think is going to happen really does - it would be strange if it didn't. And of course sometimes you think you can read minds, and it turns out the person really is thinking what you thought - if you have any idea how a person thinks, you know what external cues will push their thoughts in a given direction, and you can be pretty good at guessing at their internal thoughts. It's not telepathy, it's just basic awareness and luck. The better you know someone, the more often this happens. When my girlfriend and I talk, often others have no idea what we're talking about, just because so much is left unsaid, because each knows what the other is thinking. Are we telepathic? No. Sorry, but if it were real, it would most definitely be demonstrable.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, you make a very good point.

if somone were trulely telepathic, then they would be able to know anyones thoughts regardless weather or not they knew them. and also without any indacation of their presence.(besides the thought of course)

i beleive its possible, but thats irrelavent. if i have it, cool, but it won't bother me either way.

1. i just want to know how is it possible?

2. how does it work?

3. do humans natrally have it or not?

4. do animals have it?

5. is it possible between humans and other beings(animals, ect. aliens even LOL)

i want tangible(i think thats the word) evidance either way.

like you said. its just ive lived with my family long enough to learn their thought patterns, and guess acurrately what thay are currently thinking.