Telepathy

reyam200

I'm probably wrong with the science terms here, but I believe it is the Neurons? that everyone's brain sends out that can be interpreted by someone else. It was on some special tv program I watched once.

A life long friend of mine and I have both been experiencing telepathy for years now. I do believe telepathy is real.

the EM waves are practicaly Nil more than a few cms away from the skull, even with electrodes attatched to the head very heavy amplification and filtering is needed to get a usable signal.

so it`s unlikely to be Radio Waves if in fact there is such a phenomenon.

i was on the back seat of a bike when my friend was in the driver's seat . i just thought in my mind that " why not go for a movie" . before i could say anything my friend asked to me " would u like to go for a movie" . in this case our heads were very close (5-10 cm) . he's my classmate , we r not related . it happens with twins . but i and my friend are two different personalities.if the neuronal architecture in the brain of twins have similarity then telepathy can b understood . what about me and my friend.

is it radio waves . ,if it is then what's the strength, what's the wavelength.

sometimes it happens with me. i'm at my cousin's house. two of my cousins and their kids went to church.the usual time that they used to come back has already crossed.

my aunt asked me what happened , why r they late, when will they come. cousin's house is on a hill and the road they will return back home is 20 m below. when the wind blew , in that i heard their conversation a little, i told my aunt that they are coming . 5mts afterwards i see them at the bottom of the hill. how can you explain this . the piece of conversation was carried on what . was it a wave that got converted to another form in my brain

i was on the back seat of a bike when my friend was in the driver's seat . i just thought in my mind that " why not go for a movie" . before i could say anything my friend asked to me " would u like to go for a movie" . in this case our heads were very close (5-10 cm) . he's my classmate , we r not related . it happens with twins . but i and my friend are two different personalities.if the neuronal architecture in the brain of twins have similarity then telepathy can b understood . what about me and my friend.

is it radio waves . ,if it is then what's the strength, what's the wavelength.

In the case with my friend and I, it has also always happened only when we are within a foot or two of each other. Most of the times however, I think of something and he responds with an answer as if I thought it out loud. Almost everytime there have been plenty of people around us to confirm that I never said anything out loud. One example: We were sitting next to each other and a girl walked by. I said to myself in my head "she's ugly". Immediately my friend looked at me and said "No she's Not!" A couple of friends around us asked why he just blurted that out. He said because I said she was ugly. I told him I had only thought that to myself and never said it out loud. Everyone around us also confirmed that I never said anything.

That is just one of many examples. We both now truly believe there is some type of telepathy, we just don't know how to control it.

i already know its possible, im a twin.
In science, everything is possible that is not proven impossible.

However there is no tangible, verifiable, supported evidence of telepathy, and no experiments with predictable, repeatable results that would validate it as part of neuroscience. This thread's home is Pseudoscience.

me and my sister have bein able to use telepathy 10 feet apart. we were doing an experment to see the range of it. it worked, with no negative effects.(headachs, ect.)

this post was in neuroscience, but it got moved here

And yes, some people are born with that part of their brain that handles telepathy more devloped that average.

I've been watching this thread for awhile, and I know for a fact there is something going on. I just don't know what it is, and though I keep looking, I keep coming up against quacks with quack answers. Which is why I dislike the word "Telepathy".

Bettina

if they did a test with twins and close friends, than telepathy would be prooven real.
Wow, I'm sure that's never occured to researchers into the paranormal. [/sarcasm]
me and my sister have bein able to use telepathy 10 feet apart. we were doing an experment to see the range of it. it worked, with no negative effects.(headachs, ect.)
Are you using the word "experiment" to mean "we tried a few things", in much the same way non-scientific people use the word "theory" to mean "my newest idea"?
I've been watching this thread for awhile, and I know for a fact there is something going on. I just don't know what it is, and though I keep looking, I keep coming up against quacks with quack answers. Which is why I dislike the word "Telepathy".
I also want to believe telepathy is possible. Yet every time I hear someone claim to be psychic or telepathic, I'm immediately skeptical and my eyes begin to roll. I hate that.

i don't blame you for being skeptical, because there is no way i can proove to you i have telepathy.

i just want to know how it works, and so far no one has told me.

im only 17, and i don't have the knowledge nessary to make a good theory.

nor the credability.(being a teenager, "they think they know everything")i hate being compared to the steriotypical teenager.(lasy, "know it all", ect.)because i do my best to not be that way.

by any chance does your school have an oscilloscope? your physics classroom probably has one in it

if so convince your physics teacher to let you use it real quick, set it to masximum sensitivity, and put the probe on your skin, you should get a signal, then move it back a little bit, the signal should drop to zero, or at the very least be absorbed into the background (if its sensitive enough)

that is the only signal coming from your body. It is clearly indestinguishable from the background

anouther possibility for telepathy is that you and your friend, sister, or whatever know eachother pretty well. The result of this is that you start to guess very accuratly what there goiing to do in any situation (most people do this all the time, just sometimes they don't guess very well).

Now in the example of mustang and his friend I would say that, a condition that is very common in schizophrenics (I'm not trying to say your crazy, don't worry) where part of the brain makes up 1 thing to say and the rest of the brain doesn't know that it made it up occured temporarily, and because your friend knows you very well the part of the brain that guessed you would say that was right

that was a horrible explanation I know, maybe if someone around here has a degree in psychiatry they could explain it a bit better

i don't blame you for being skeptical' date=' because there is no way i can proove to you i have telepathy.

nor the credability.(being a teenager, "they think they know everything")i hate being compared to the steriotypical teenager.(lasy, "know it all", ect.)because i do my best to not be that way.[/quote']

I'm 17 too and have........something........ I don't know what it is but I know I've had it all my life. I also know I wish I didn't, and I would give anything not to have it. What I have is confusing, scary at times, and unexplainable to people of intellegence.

When I was little, I used to curlup in my fathers lap when it got bad. I can talk to my physco, but talk is all it is and I have collected a lot of data, but unsubstantiated data is all it is. This "doctor" like most can't imagine what we feel unless they were in our shoes.

Last week, my "doctor" was there with a young "doctor in training" who showed me over a dozen photographs of different things like houses, brooks, trees, animals, people, etc and asked me if any of them looked "wrong" to me. I wasn't allowed to know any details and couldn't study them for more than 15 seconds each.

When I looked, I noticed some of them seemed strange like they were inside out, backwards, or didn't belong or something, so I chose them and put them aside. He said I picked all of them correctly and thought it was remarkable and would get back to me and left.

Anyway, that part was the only exciting thing that happened there. The rest is talk talk talk....and oh yes....B O R I N G.

One more thing....Don't use that "T" word. Bury it deep.

Bettina

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy

esearchers have found a connection with the prefrontal cortex with human empathy. In particular, the discovery of mirror neurons in monkeys that fire both when the creature watches another perform an action as well as when they themselves perform it, is the current hot ticket in research for the neural basis of empathy (as well as a variety of other social skills).

I would venture to say that you may have a slightly stronger connection/slightly more developed pre-frontal cortex (specifically the mirror cells) than some people. If your seeing a psychiatrist who is rather interested in what your able to do you could see if he could arrange for an mri, or a similar test to look at this part of the brain specifically

now having said that, I read an article on this a long time ago. The article was far more thourogh than that paragraph, and what it said is that these cells when confronted with anouther chimp who say lost a bananna would respond as if the individual to which they belong to had lost the bananna. the implication of this if its really what is causing what you feel is that your not actually sensing what other people are thinking or anything like that, but that a part of your brain is making you feel the same way as they feel by simulating it.

(I don't know if that last bit made much sense (curse my horrible grammer) but, if you can find one of the original articles about this, or the paper in which it was first published on arxiv you would probably understand what I'm trying to say)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy

I would venture to say that you may have a slightly stronger connection/slightly more developed pre-frontal cortex (specifically the mirror cells) than some people.

yes, thats what i said erlelyer, just not so much detail

( :embarass: i have no clue how to spell :embarass: )

Bettina. why do you not like the word telepathy? its just a word.

"a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

no matter what you call it its still "the same rose". so to speak

by any chance does your school have an oscilloscope? your physics classroom probably has one in it

if so convince your physics teacher to let you use it real quick' date=' set it to masximum sensitivity, and put the probe on your skin, you should get a signal, then move it back a little bit, the signal should drop to zero, or at the very least be absorbed into the background (if its sensitive enough)

that is the only signal coming from your body. It is clearly indestinguishable from the background

[/quote']

an excelent test! I used to do that sort of thing myself, try and see how far you could take your hand away from the probe before the signal (mains hum) dropped to normal, oh an don`t think that because it can still pick up something without you touching it is significant, it isn`t, it`s just capacitance from the air.

air capacitance is also the media used by an old musical instrument called a Thermin, it`s nothing new or spooky.

CPL.Luke, good thinking :)

Bettina. why do you not like the word telepathy? its just a word.

"a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

no matter what you call it its still "the same rose". so to speak

Because it ties itself to other words like "occult, clairvoyance, psychic, and crystal ball". The people who don't have what I have are pretending they do and are making money bilking unbelievers. So, the "rose" is not as red and does not smell good at all.

EDIT: Another thing that was mentioned here was the MRI. I said in an earlier post on another thread that this doctor wants me to have one, but I have repeatedly said no. I'm afraid of those things or what they may find. Maybe when I get older, I will be less afraid.

Bettina

Bettina, I really wouldn`t be overly concerned or worried about it, seriously.

I also have had these and similar test with astonishing results and have also experience what is commonly termed as "telepathy" and precognition, with cards dice comp generated numbers etc...

well above what is considered "Chance"

I think that MOST people have though, and if you were to catch them on a "good Day" they`de likely get the same results maybe even better.

the fact remains that it has STILL yet to be Scientificaly Proven beyond doubt (I did these tests myself and STILL doubted them :))

it is quite possible that "Something" beyond our current understanding exists that could easily explain all this, we know that insects and plants can comunicate at levels that defy language(s) as we know it or could even prove it until recently, perhaps we might give off a pheremone or light or look or sound or Something that could explain it rationaly :)

edit: just an example of what I mean.. those 2 lads on the bike a few posts up, is it POSSIBLE that maybe they passed a bill-board with a movie advert on it and not "noticed" it because of the bike ride, but p`haps got subconsciously(sp) assimilated? or maybe they saw an advert on the TV weeks ago with a scene in a movie that looked similar to a place they passed, and they made a mental link "oh yeah, lets see a Movie"?

stranger things have happened :)

just a thought.

i don't blame you for being skeptical' date=' because there is no way i can proove to you i have telepathy.

[/quote']

Demonstrating the effect scientifically and explaining it are two different things.

What you need to do is set up a double-blind test and show you can consistently do better than chance.

I would highly doubt that the mri would show anything bad or highly abnormal. The most it could possibly give is a slightly enlarged portion of the brain which is relatively common, for instance part of the mathmatics center in Einsteins brain was enlarged.

furthermore MRI's are completely 100% safe

bettina, yes there are people that just do it for money, but the word occult and telepathy are harmless. the only reason alot of people dislike the word occult is because of the bad reputation satanists have given it. an occult is a group of people united for one perpose, even christians could be called an occult.

CPL, were is the part of the brain that allows mind to mind communication(telepathy)located?

sorry battina, but telepathy is the simplest name for it.