Is Neuralink a threat to humanity?

4 hours ago, Electricblue9969 said:

Is Neuralink a threat to humanity where people will go extinct because they can go full dive in Virtual reality with a brain implant?

I don't think it is a threat, I think it is inevitable.  Not necessarily Neuralink though.

Will we really get Neuralink by 2038?

Possibly.  Two of there areas where where huge advancements are being made are the medical and computer science fields.

Or is this all doomed to fail?

Maybe.

7 hours ago, Electricblue9969 said:

Is Neuralink a threat to humanity where people will go extinct because they can go full dive in Virtual reality with a brain implant?

Will we really get Neuralink by 2038?

Let me reply with a movie clip..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

"we are borg, resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

8 hours ago, Electricblue9969 said:

So, you are one of those amusing people who think you are not already in a virtual reality. Come on! No conceivable real world could actually produce a Donald Trump as President of the US. It's obvious that we have all subscribed to a third rate farce. I'm thinking of asking for a refund.

Realistically you will always have some kind of hard/wetware to worry about.  You might have access to a  hyper realistic simulation but you will still have some kind of body.

Could see variety of artificial methods used to sustain the population, if necessary, though doubt that it will be.

Edited by Endy0816

• 2 weeks later...

Neuralink is mainly focused in the improving of health in the brain for people who had accidents, Creating a brain-machine interface, and the building of a symbiosis between man and A.I. 

First we have to reach that first part, the part where there is actual improvement in an individual's brain health.  We have not reached phase 1 yet and that one is the most realistic short-term goal out of the 3. Also, BCI trials and regulation take a VERY long time.