What is the name of the stand that I require?

=RedDwarf=

I am looking for some sort of stand that can hold multiple 25mm diameter test tubes inside an ultrasonic tank. I would like to hold at least 4 test tubes, preferably 6. They must be held at the same height and be easily removable. Currently I have been using 2 heavy retort stands with 2 four pronged clamps per stand. This is a lot less than ideal because the clamps are held one above the other which does not work well because of the significant height difference. I would like something which works better, ideally without costing me large amounts of money.

I would think that anyone with good experience in professional science might know of something which would fit my requirement. What I would like is the name of the device which might fit my requirement?

BTW The ultrasonic tank size is Tank LxWxH:     302 x 152 x 150mm therefore 6 test tubes would be pushing it a bit. 3 x 2 along the tank length

Yes, the test tube(s) need to be held elevated inside an ultrasonic cleaner tank while operating and nothing must touch the bottom of the tank. The less that is in the tank the better because anything in it will absorb ultrasonic energy which I want to keep to a maximum.

Having a rack inside the tank? That would absorb far too much ultrasonic energy which I do not want or need.

What is needed is some way to hold the test tubes in place from outside the tank. That is where I am stuck for ideas. I think that there must be something which people in the chemistry field might know of something suitable which I am not aware of. The commonly available stuff I do not think will fulfil my requirement. What I have looked at on a few sites did not have anything suitable.

I posted to this forum because I thought it most suitable being equipment for amateur science but the more professional sub-forums might of got more views by people who might of been more able to offer advice.

10 hours ago, =RedDwarf= said:

Having a rack inside the tank? That would absorb far too much ultrasonic energy which I do not want or need.

You keep adding restrictions to your problem, which is a tad frustrating. I don't think this has ever been a problem with my use of an ultrasound, so that's not something I considered. (Curious as to how much energy you think they will absorb and why this is a problem)

Good luck with your search.

On 7/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, =RedDwarf= said:

I am looking for some sort of stand that can hold multiple 25mm diameter test tubes inside an ultrasonic tank.

Probably ultrasonic cleaner test tube holder.

11 hours ago, =RedDwarf= said:

That is where I am stuck for ideas.

Picture-google ultrasonic cleaner test tube holder. The pictures may give some ideas; here is one that prevents tubes from touching the bottom. 

image.png.5d820dc758b729ad0adeb1f9c9ddee4f.png